How'd you get into weed and why you started growing

PsyCLown

Hey all,

So I thought it would be cool to state how / why we started smoking weed and then why we started growing it.

I guess I will start...

I started smoking it, well, I was curious as to what it was like I guess and had a few friends who use to smoke. I have never smoked cigs, first time I tried was with a friend and it was what I would not classify as cheap shit. Full of seeds and frost was not a thing back then.

It was a joint, fuck me it was harsh. My lungs felt as if they were on fire (I think I had the last few pulls from the joint too), I literally only had one or two very very small pulls. Felt quite euphoric and had a bit of a body high which was pleasant.

Back then I typically only smoked if I wanted to try sleep or if I was with friends and wanted to chill.

How I started growing, well, I thought I could perhaps grow better weed than I was buying and I had been wanting to grow for a while but the risk put me off for a long time to be honest. Eventually I was like fuck it! I also really wanted to know exactly what I was smoking and see how much of a difference there is between the effects of different strains as well as taste and smell.

I also wanted to see how CBD is and whether it really is as magical as some claim it is - so I started growing some strains higher in CBD and then strain which is mostly CBD and less than 1% THC etc. etc.

So what about you guys?

@420SA come on, share your story with us! 😄 

• Like 10

Pineapple Express. My high school friends and I couldn't get enough of that movie when it released. We only knew of one guy in our grade that regularly smoked weed, although we were only 16 or so at the time. We decided as a group we would meet up at one of our houses over the weekend and get absolutely blasted off this thing called marijuana. I was tasked with obtaining the weed. I kindly asked the loner stoner for some of his boonj which he happily provided to me one day after school. I then took a stroll to the nearest tobacco store at my local mall and got a short, neat little glass bong. 

We met over the weekend, each had about a solid bowl, sat in a room with a massive hubbly in the center and just blommed passive. We attempted to order pizza, which we ended up only waiting 5 mins after ordering to decide to go wait for the guy at the street. Waited like 40mins outside for no reason and experienced for the first time a group of stoned guys silently eating pizza together, only to realise the silence and erupt with laughter. 

We also tried this neat little trick where you target a heavily stoned individual, place an "imaginary" bucket over their head, and then everybody pretends to speak to each other but in mute, creating an illusion to the stoned person with the "bucket" over their head that they've suddenly lost their hearing. Classic shit. 

Since then marijuana has pretty much been right along side me. After many years and many sources of obtaining my lovely smoke, I got really really pissed off one day at how much I was paying for the quality I was getting as well as the amount. 

So I decided to spend even more money than what I would've gotten if I had just bought more weed and decided to start growing my own.

The rabid unemployment was also a major factor 😬

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

So before I post mine, you never did finish or give a verdict on the high or mostly CBD strain @PsyCLown

So the 1:1 ratio strain I grew first was a pretty awesome plant actually. The effects, it was chilled and creeps up on you a bit. Had more of a kick than I expected.
The CBD was never for me, I do not have much need for it I feel - it was more for others but then the THC content was a problem - which lead me to look at growing a strain which had less than 1% THC - which I did.

It was a bit of a fuck up as it was meant to be an auto but turned out to be a photoperiod, perhaps the seeds got mixed up when being packaged.

I have since extracted the plant into BHO and decarbed it, so it can be smoked and eaten and be effective. I have tried some and it seems to mellow me out a bit.

I know @CreX said that if he smokes something with CBD first and then some high THC strains later, there is no paranoia. Also makes him feel rather mellow.

Need to bake them into something and give to some peeps who may benefit from it and then I can give further feedback.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I started,

My neighbor in EL, used to smoke it, around age 15 or 16 and had on a few occasions smoked with him, but it was never my thing and actually used to think to myself, "why am I smoking, or why are they, who wants to feel like this?" So never caught the habit. 

A few years later, had a huge open house party in EL and someone brought good weed, not the previous type smoked above, and like Psyclown explained too, this was sweet smelling and home grown obviously, and was mind blowing back them, 1993 side.

Later when leaving school, and partying with mates, they all had now switched to coke and E, and I was the person who wasn't in and sat alone with my cannabis, while others looked down on it.

Then I started to off the rails, to much party party, and to much chemical good times...

If anyone tells you cannabis is a gate way drug, they lying to you, this stuff got me clean from Crack, Coke, Ex and cigarettes. 

Now I grow as I was on the chance and hunt for years to find better and better, and then just decided to grow what I was after, and haven't had a days regret.

This plant is my calling, seen it do amazing things, cancer and all.

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 12

So the reason I kept on smoking and continue to smoke is because I feel it is a good way to relax and unwind.

I have never been one for drinking as I never enjoyed it and I no longer drink because I do not enjoy it. Some find it relaxes them and helps them unwind, that is what weed does for me.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

So the reason I kept on smoking and continue to smoke is because I feel it is a good way to relax and unwind.

I have never been one for drinking as I never enjoyed it and I no longer drink because I do not enjoy it. Some find it relaxes them and helps them unwind, that is what weed does for me.

It also helped me stop drinking, not that I drank lots, but i dont even have if offered now and dont need it to feel Social either.

This is my relax of all🙌

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 6

Shiiiiit. Mine goes back to about high school aswell.

Having a few not permitted drinks in a local area. Meet a few older people smoking absolute shit(now) but strong stuff(then) a few pulls here and there now and then. Get elevated.

No lie though. Always felt like sleeping or going to sleep.

Then u like. Nah. We need to do this shit on it own. Without the drinks.  

Get a few mates. Stay over at another friends house for the weekend. Parents on holiday. And we start the journey. 

And man did we start some shit. We were like. Lets try it with a movie. Lets try it with playstation. Lets try it listening to music. And the list went on and on.

And fucking hell. Everything was better with it.

Alot of people said its better to study with and focus. That shit didnt work for me. Definitly not. I was too baked to do serious shit.

And then as time goes on u start to hear shit like higher grade and hydro and greenhouse. And indoor . And then theres names and pics and prices were crazy. 

U try to upgrade ur smoke as much as the pocket allows. But then u become such an experienced smoker. That ur tolerance demands more quality and quantity.

Which kind of leads u right to the path of growing. But grow also just seems fun and rewarding and a journey.

Getting high on ur own supply.

But its also circumstance. When u are able to grow. U start. Never had the time and commitment to really start something proper until covid had me caged up at home. 

#Certifiedstoner

#stillgraduatingfromgrowing

• Like 11

Joh. 28 years ago I had my first joint at age 12, on and off through high school, and then my 20s came..They were RUFF..Now that's a story on it's own though...

Ffwd to 2010 and I end up in a bike accident that practically destroys my left foot. Had a mate visit me once a week for the 6 months I spent bed ridden, and he always bought along a bankie for me for the pain.

Started growing from there and the rest is going to go up in smoke.

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, afternoon blazer said:

And fucking hell. Everything was better with it 

Getting high on ur own supply.

Makes everything better👌

When someone new to smoking asks me, "have you ever watched a movie stoned" lmoa😂 

Ya, only every movie in last good 15 years😂

There isn't anything better to you, than your own grow...

Well for me at least, till I met you bloody people who grow more so like a pro.

Added, @Ill_Evan my movie was Friday, and then Next Friday, also smoked red eyed mofo😂

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Hahaha aaah you guys stories🤣 made me amped to tell mine. 

So I'm gonna start wish a short back story.... 

I grew up in a very religious household, and was quite a religious brewskie for most of my youth... So drugs of any kind were just never mentioned, and when they were... It was always depicted as life ending and pretty much a one way ticket to non salvation.... 

Anyways, i was eventually kicked out of the place because I liked girls... I found out my ex had a moment of clarity and confessed her sins lol... 

So I lost all my 'friends' and people who I thought had my back... And was like fuckit.... Screw you guys... And I started making a new life for myself... I took up ice hockey and thoroughly enjoyed it and made quite a few friends from that time that I still talk to and keep in touch with... But they were quite a bit younger than I was, mostly still in school.

I seemed to gravitate towards the rebels and the misfits and the bad apples... Because hey... Am I not a bad apple?? I figured these guys I could relate to... 

So I started joining them in the car park when we had shift breaks for ice rink marshaling duties, where they would smoke cigarettes... And one day Gage whips out this nasty looking joint... And says.. Who wants to give this a go... 

They were 16/17, and I was 19/20, and not everyone was keen to participate... Maybe only 4 out of the 8 or so peeps that were there... Being the newborn rebel that was me... I decided to give this shit a go... It tasted horrible... Burnt like shit... But man... I was wowed... You just gotta smoke alil and you feel like this!!? I got high... But... That stupid goofed high you get from smoking jut lol haha hahaha... I loved it. 

I wanted more... So I asked Gage where can I get some more, and he showed me a little sweets stand that sells bankies of weed or prerolls... This is in 2009ish guys... I was buying R2 bankies, yes twee Ronds.... For a gram bankie of crushed leaf powder... I was again blown away... My first illigal purchase of this salvation ruining DRUG... Hard drugs man... I remember thinking this is it... I cannot be any more condemned than I currently am... So I took it home and smoked it... And then went back for more... 2 bankies now... 4 bucks of my hard earned money... Going home getting blasted with Gage and Chez lol😂 blowing smoke rings with the hubbly and laughing our asses off for no good reason haha, good memories... 

And while I stayed in Durban... That is pretty much the quality I knew... I had never even seen a weed plant alive until I moved to jhb a few years later. 

Moved to Jozi with my dad and he also smoked, and he laughed at me when I told him what I smoke hahaha, and he graciously showed me where to get more weed... This time I'm now paying 20 bucks for a banky... But my oh my... It had formation!! It was real weed!! And for 20 bucks... It was gooooood... Way better than the shit trim leaves I was used to... But still wet behind the ears when it came to weed... 

Made some friends through my dad's work, and so I entered the punk rock party scene... I liked it... More people who I thought I could relate to... Social outcasts, misfits...black sheep... And it was fun... I was going to plenty gigs and this is where things start getting good.. 

I met so many stoners!! Like... Literally everyone smoked... Or was super chilled with smoking, and more importantly, had contacts for some A grade Cron... all the good stuff, greenhouse, indoor, medical, which to my knowledge back then was like a step up from indoor... And it was delicious... Eye opening... Magical... Beautiful... Emotional... Compelling... Glorious lol... 

.... Fucking expensive

I got contacts for a guy in the south of jhb that sold only indoor... I used to spoil myself like once every 3 months to a gram of his delectable delights... 

Im talking about 'cheese' that smelt like cheese, tasted like cheese, aftertaste of cheese, fucking cheese my guys... 'Blueberry' that was literally more delicious and flavourful than a mugg&bean blueberry muffin with all the blueberry nuances... 'bubblegum' that left me thinking that there is just no fucken way it can be real... But I smoked it... It happened... Trust me, I was there lol🤣

And at this stage I had still never seen a cannabis plant and figured you needed to be a chemical scientist to cultivate such a plant lol. I didn't have much access to the internet growing up or after, so I only knew what I saw and what I read in the limited books I had access to.. 

Years went by and my knowledge grew and so did my salary, but so did my rent and petrol and everything fucken else... So I was eventually caught between a rock and a hard place where I could either smoke at home and not go out... Or go out and not smoke... I decided to just bite the bullet with a mate and buy a light. 

I bought a 400w HPS with interchangeable MH bulb for 1200 bucks and started my journey. 

My very first plant was pure beginners luck if ever I ever saw beginners luck lol... It was a mystery bagseed plant... But guys when I tell you it was a pheno of a lifetime... It was literally, and still is, the best smoke I have ever had.... 72g off her and I thought my fuck... This would have cost me thousands of monies!!! I was ecstatic, I bought more stuff... I did my research and decided that I am gonna do hydro... And I realized how little I knew when all the wheels started falling off and my grows were dying and problem after problem after problem... I was even on the verge of giving up... Throwing in the towel... When I stumbled across forums online.... I was like what is this? Answers to so many questions I have had! Fixes! Methods on my madness! LO and behold my plants were growing again! I couldn't be happier... I decided to sell my ice hockey kit and invest in a decent light... The way of the future, LED lighting! Using the power of HPS and Blurple tech, I managed to start growing some decent dank on the regular, enough to cover the needs of me and my GF and the occasional friend who came over hehe. 

And that pretty much brings us to the legalization of the cultivation of this wonderful plant we lovingly grow and admire on the daily, I wanted to become part of something larger than myself, share my knowledge with people and help as many people as possible cut out a few years of struggle that I had to endure. 

And so I joined this fine establishment... I get to hone my skills against some of the best in the country, get tips give tips... Share my knowledge and experience and really just give back so that everyone can fully enjoy the fruitage of their hard work and effort by growing the best they can. 

PS - here's a potato for the long post

🥔

• Like 12

All very good stories! Many similarities to mine.

Also grew up in a very religious household, and still am very much religious. more so than before I reckon.

I was quite a late bloomer, started at a mates 17th birthday. Had a bong of chronic as it were to start my experience, and what an experience it was. I thought I had entered the realm of hard drugs to be honest lol. Most vivid sort of a trance I've ever had, and it didn't help with my mates flickering the lights on and off while making weird noises (back when I thought demons came from weed) but I was soon to find out where the real demons were actually lurking. Man i'm loving all these positive messages. 

So yes! I too have been around all kinds and i'm a real advocate of how good this humble plant can be for people, I found that during my struggling times for me and my family, the simple goofed evenings brought me a new found understanding of religion and painted a way better picture than I could on my own. Some would call that blasphemy, I would tell them to get ducked. 🦆

All this being said, I have also come to believe all things in moderation. So I have always smoked weed in teeny tiny amounts, because "DAM some shit is straanggg''! Smoked dabs once, and never again. each to their own. 

I started growing my own weed because I noticed some weed taste good and other weed didn't really. So here I am on the journey to create the tastiest weed I hope.

Very happy heart'd topic @PsyCLown

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 9

First of all: Awesome thread!

I really enjoyed reading your stories, so I feel I have to share mine. On a sidenote it's interesting to see that the mayority of us growers started off smoking quite early.

I grew up in Germany and smoked for the first time when I was 12. I didn't feel anything, but it still sparked my interest. You must know in the late 90’s most of what you could get in Germany was hash as it was easier to smuggle from Marokko to Europe than actual bud. We had to mix it with tobacco and smoke it through a bong. It was baaad stuff but we didn’t know any better. One day my brother, who also smoked got me some very good super skunk which was the first actual bud that I smoked. Me and 3 other friends smoked it through a selfmade pipe and boooom that was the first time it really hit me. I couldn’t stop laughing for 3 hours or so. From that day onwards i met with my friends everyday in the woods to smoke. I think most of out pocketmoney has been invested in weed lol. Just on a side note the friends I used to smoke with are still my best friends even though I don’t see them that often anymore these days. But I think our little secret has made us some kind of “weed brothers” in a way... I am sure a few of you know the movie “half baked”. The beginning of the movie pretty much describes what we experienced those days. And yes, it makes everything more enjoyable. Not that I don’t enjoy life without cannabis but with cannabis it’s even better so why not using it.

Only later I figured out that Cannabis also makes me feel more balanced in a way and that it has many medicinal properties that helped me getting though some rough times in my life, be it mentally or physically.

At some point I started my traineeship as a metal constructor, had my own flat and decided to give homegrowing a go. There was just too much weed circulating that was laced with something else those days. Also it got quite expensive and it’s just nice to know how it was grown. Besides that I always felt like I have a green thumb and had an interest in botany. So I read up on cultivation, ordered seeds and gave it a go. That was around 15 years ago.

Then about 8 years ago I came to this beautiful country. At that time I stopped smoking cigarettes and weed for 4 years and met my significant other. After a while I found a job in a callcenter which is basically modern slavery but I didn’t have other options. One day when I came home totally exhausted and stressed my wife said more in a joking way “why don’t you just get a joint to relax.” That’s what I did and you can surely imagine how that blasted me away. It helped such a lot dealing with the stressful job. That’s when I found a bag seed and just gave it a go. It turned out nicely and my supply was sorted for a year.

I am so grateful to be in a country that legalised growing your own. Even though cannabis doesn’t get me a psychedelic high as the first time I smoked it, I still enjoy it sooo much. It has become a part of my life that I don’t want to miss. Hopefully I will be able to still smoke/vape when I am old sitting in my rocking chair on the veranda...

Sorry for the long post, but I hoped you enjoyed my story.

Edited by Fridgedoor
spelling
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Fridgedoor said:

I am so grateful to be in a country that legalised growing your own. Even though cannabis doesn’t get me a psychedelic high as the first time I smoked it, I still enjoy it sooo much. It has become a part of my life that I don’t want to miss.

Yeah, the first few times were certainly more intense sometimes felt a bit trippy. Like the colour of everything going a bit sepia in a way and having the giggles.

Why does that stop? Why does it go away? The stuff I was smoking back then cannot compare to the quality of the stuff which I am growing now.

Is it tolerance? Does one get use to it? Are the strains we're growing and smoking now just missing something?

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Yeah, the first few times were certainly more intense sometimes felt a bit trippy. Like the colour of everything going a bit sepia in a way and having the giggles.

Why does that stop? Why does it go away? The stuff I was smoking back then cannot compare to the quality of the stuff which I am growing now.

Is it tolerance? Does one get use to it? Are the strains we're growing and smoking now just missing something?

I know what you saying, the none stop giggles are gone... Stop smoking for a week. I tried and got 2 days, but the high was 2 weeks young if that make sense lol.

• Like 2

@PsyCLownI don't think it's the Strains we're smoking these days. I have the hypotheses that with everything we do for the first time we also create new pathways in our brains and this makes the first experience a unique experience. I am not just talking about cannabis or something similar. Remember when you were driving a car for the first time? It was special and now it's just something you do without really realising it.

Once these 'pathways' have established in your brain they only get broader the more often you use them. So it's basically not a new experience for us anymore.

That's just my idea and it could be total BS though ☺️

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Haha the first time I got properly goofed, Sepia vision describes its all , though I was gonna die, Uncle type friend David, asked if I could just keep a joint for him as he had some business to attend to, I was 12/13 at the time, I joked with him gesturing that I was gonna smoke it, he just looked at us and smiled with a fat grin and said go ahead, we were on holiday by a lake, hazyview, me and buddy decided he would row a canoe and I choose a paddle boat we paddle about 1 km to opposite bank to find a safe spot, now the joint looked like a rat turd it was a small fishlips type joint, we lit it smoked, coughed and coughed some more, it tasted nasty, we waited a few mins nothing.... so we decided to go back.... as we started paddeling everything vision wise went sepia and my voice sounded like echoes, I was thrown into another realm, that paddle back felt like all eternity, we got back and I thought I was dying, so went to the cottage to lay down, all I remember is my buddy periodically slapping me on the face to wake up and said I would fall into a coma if I feel asleep, many hours later I was  woken up by Uncle David laughing is head off, all I said to him was I think I had this really weird dream lol :) was too scared ever again to try until I was about 17 !

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Nice thread idea @PsyCLown

In my school days I was largely against it actually. I had a few friends that began to smoke it quite a lot in grade 11 and 12, they used to head out on a scooter to the local taxi rank and grab a matchbox of jut from the taxi washer there. Twas more seed than bud! Even though I partook at times, and enjoyed myself immensely, I was still for the most part against it and stupidly worried that this "drug" would take over me, get me hooked, and send my life on a downward spiral....Idiot :sillyass  

About 6 months or so after finishing matric I gradually started to indulge more and more with my mates, and as I grew to enjoy it more and more I started researching about it more and began to learn that what I've been told about cannabis simply wasn't true and that it's in fact safe to use, more so than booze.  It's hard to pin point where it became the norm with me but one of the big factors was music and how much I would enjoy it while high, I also remember realising how it was shifting my perspective on things... the natural world and how everything is more connected than I'd previously realised or bothered to take note of ... I just enjoyed the way it made me see things.  I still do

12 years later and I'm a solid every day user.  Have I thought of quitting at times? Most definitely. Sometimes I feel I depend a little too much on it but I do feel that it helps me. I have a mild form of A.D.D and cannabis definitely helps to calm my mind and help me focus. Teachers in school strongly advised I go on Ritalin and I'm forever thankful my dad told them to fuck right off. Eventually I found the natural solution and being a person that sits at a PC all day, I can't bare to think how I would manage without it. So as far as that's concerned it's a medicine for me. Sometimes it makes me a little anxious but that stems from a current mindset. I know that because it doesn't always make me anxious. It's also strain dependent so there definitely is validity in finding the strain that works for you.

I reckon everyone can attest to the fact that we all need those few hours of just not giving a fuck and cannabis does wonders for that. Bill Hicks sums that up beautifully with his line about waking up at noon and playing the citar 😆 if you haven't seen Bill Hick's standup then make sure you do!

Pretty boring story but its a story nonetheless

:-peace 

• Like 11

Been smoking since High Schoo (Probably started like 17-18 years ago.. How time flies!)l. Smoked everyday for years. We used to smoke 6 joints in the morning before school between 3 guys and after school we used to smoke until it was dark.. every day... Then i used to go home and smoke again a bit.  I probably went through a good few years where the only time i wasnt high was the early parts of the morning lol. I never smoked too much "Indoor" as it was always too expensive and i never really noticed TOO much of a difference tbh so i always just bought "Greenhouse" .  I even went through a spell at my first job where i used to buy "location zol' or 'ma-jut'  from the hawkers outside which was full of seeds and shit quality.. so used to smoke it with DIY bongs and the high was terrible but intense if you smoked alot! but i kept smoking it anyways even though i wasnt enjoying it, or in the best place mentally lol.. . I literally didnt smoke a joint for that whole year and was just smoking whatever i could from a bong. When i did roll a joint, i used to put it in the bong and pull half the joint in one hit lol.. Been through alot of other drugs also but am clean of all those now.

Long story short, those days are long gone and ive actually been smoking on and off for the past 3 years or so.. Been stopping and starting again in Holidays, December etc. Ive actually even stopped smoking cigarettes now and snoke only weed (Smoked cigarettes since i was 10)

Then.. the lockdown came and ive been smoking full time again ever since. Bought some good quality stuff just before lockdown and started to build an appreciation for the good quality stuff. Problem was that the good quality stuff is a bit pricey.. so i thought that i could start growing my own batch with some of the extra T5 HO lighting i had around.. plus i also had a decent LED light (Gonna use it as a supplemental light when my babies start flowering).. Started doing some research and ended up here. Wanted to start off with what i had with little to no extra capital.. but here i am now like 8K+ later, hoping i can grow some good bud lol. Im enjoying the growing so far though and learning alot.. just very unsure on training methods etc. and whether i should be training.. what method etc. considering my space. Just topped last night, so im going to leave it like that and see what happens.. Maybe theres small inputs i can do here and there as the plants grow.. will see how it goes.

Edited by zolrooker
  • Like 9

I was a late bloomer, but caught on quick. My first puff of homegrown swazi was at the age of 24. At a friends braai and he showed me his wardrobe full of drying branches. The smell of that cupboard was something I will never forget. 

He loaded a bong and told me told hold it, for as long as possible. I thought he meant to hold onto the bong.

A soaring high hit me and it was love at first toke. I have never been anywhere near as baked, since that evening. I could hardly drive home from laughing so much and when I got into bed I couldn't sleep either. There were whirling mandala patterns spinning behind the lids of my eyes. 

The next day, i picked out the seed from a branch he gave me, found a big pot and sowed all the seed, in one go. Planted them in July and harvested the following May. 10 months later I had a few spindly buds and it was terrible to smoke, harsh as hell and the effect was non existant:poke

• Like 8

I have arrived

Okay so I've noticed this thread a while back but I've never had the time to sit and type this out so tonight I got onto 420sa with my laptop and grabbed this opportunity.

Back in Grade 6 (yeah, 6) I had this mate that got accepted to study at the Oprah Winfrey academy with a full scholarship because of their grades. We were all really young but this mate had an elder brother that was married to a younger wife. 
It's about to get real...
At the end of Grade 6, we had this huge farewell at their place and almost all of our close friends were there, including my mates family. The night was cool, we somehow managed to get our hands on some alcohol (maybe through the bro's wife - i don't know). About halfway through the night, all of us were pretty smashed, not that it took much, but we were still up to create.
For reasons I will never understand, the bros wife saw it okay to give a bunch of 6th graders some weed for the night, and a rolled joint with that along with some extra bits for later. Needless to say, we were on our way to a spot we could have this smoke in peace without risk of being caught. When I say we, I mean about 4 people this time because there weren't many that wanted to smoke, and more that we haven't even told.
The joint gets lit, a huge flame engulfs the tip of it and we laugh, fascinated and in a rush by what we were doing. We share the joint amongst the 4 of us and the effects kicked in after the first round. Euphoria, laughter, disorientation, the works... All of the effects from the best highs you've ever felt basically combined into one big sledge to the brain. We managed to make our way back into the house, and directly to my mates room, lying on the bed with our faces mashed into the pillow, feeling the effects of the alcohol and weed combo for the first time, my god, it was quite something.
After 20 minutes of telling myself it was the weed that made me feel this way, and not the alcohol, I started to somewhat come-to, able to speak properly and not burst out laughing at every little thing.

After that night, I would say I've tried weed a few times from Grade 7 to like 9, and I started enjoying the functional high by Grade 10... Throughout the later years in high school I didn't smoke a lot, but I didn't restrict myself either. Often being the one that would help source the stuff and roll since everyone else rolled like shit.
Once I was done with high school (Class of 2013), and into campus, the freedom was unreal. I could do whatever I wanted to, yet I chose to stick to weed. I used it to my advantage, made more, got some for free, hustled my way and just overall did what I had to do to keep going. My use of weed fluctuated between moderate to severely heavy quite a few times and I went through many phases where I had to cut down and control my shit for a couple months so that I know I'm good...
I'm strong minded and refuse to let any drug get the better of me. When I felt I needed to stop, that was exactly what I did. I've done a few other substances, but weed is the shit man.

Anyway, campus took the better of 5 years, and I've done and learnt a lot over that period, including always reading about growing weed when the thought crossed my mind. My tolerance levels after campus are just effed man... I need a really potent edible to give me any high worth feeling.
Keep in mind the standard of weed I was exposed to kept increasing, and I was always finding better stuff to smoke...

So with the basic knowledge I've had for a long time and laws being changed, in 2019 I decided to pull the trigger in build my first grow box because I was sick of paying ridiculous prices for good weed.
I decided to waste money by going cheap at first with a bunch of cfls but then dropped a decent amount on a proper light and I've never looked back - I will also not cut costs on equipment again, fire in fire out! I don't think I will ever stop growing my own shit as long as I live somewhere that allows it because it's just way cheaper.

With the way I grow now, by harvest time and with calculating all the costs, I end up paying like what - R10 per dry gram? I'd take that deal over getting my shit from anyone else any day bro! I can wait, it's fine.
With the way I plan to grow, I'll be getting harvests at next to nothing compared to these stupid street prices.

So yeah, I guess that's my story.
#WhatsYourStory? lol

• Like 9

As a youngster I always wondered what cannabis plants looked like. What a great hobby. I have been growing for a number of years and find it super relaxing looking after those beautiful plants, almost addicted. The smell the difference in each plant it's just a amazing experience every time. 

• Like 4