Ph my insecticide/water mixture b4 spraying leaves or not?

Louis

Question

Wanted to know if i should ph my mixture wen spraying insecticide and if so wat ph should I use. Growing with coco/perlite/seedling mix of 3-2-1 and about 1 parts worm casting. I do add small amounts of rock phosphate, dolomite lime, bone meal, turbo grow and diatomaceous but small amounts as im not 100% sure. Using bio-bizz nutes. Sprinkle some mycroot under seed or b4 transplanting as well. 

Which is the better between the two insecticide I posted, I have both on hand. 

20200730_212020.jpg

7 hours ago, Louis said:

Wanted to know if i should ph my mixture wen spraying insecticide and if so wat ph should I use. Growing with coco/perlite/seedling mix of 3-2-1 and about 1 parts worm casting. I do add small amounts of rock phosphate, dolomite lime, bone meal, turbo grow and diatomaceous but small amounts as im not 100% sure. Using bio-bizz nutes. Sprinkle some mycroot under seed or b4 transplanting as well. 

Which is the better between the two insecticide I posted, I have both on hand. 

20200730_212020.jpg

Howzit going brother!

I wouldn't ph the water you use for either, rather let the water sit for 24h and it will balance itself as the unwanted chemicals evaporate. I have not had any experience with either product, but I recommend less is more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Louis said:

Do u suggest i make the mixture and let it stand or let the water stand b4 i mix? Sorry but looking at your answer again and now I'm not sure lol

Sorry bud, lol ya let the water stand by itself. I always fill up 2 buckets and then use them for what ever is happening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Use water out of the tap and be done with it, no need to let it stand.

The one is a fungicide, the other an insecticide.

I have never used vegol myself, seems to be mainly canola oil...

What pests do you have?

My understanding that water straight out of the tap works but can be counter-productive for the beneficial micro-organisms in the soil and phylloshere. If you relying on them to feed your plant, then you gotta think about it. If you are feeding you plant with synthetic nutes, then it doesn't matter.

However, I've been wrong before. and Ill be wrong again, I suppose its all part of learning.

• Agree 2

So i have been fiddling around for house hold shit to adjust ph in a emergency situation.

For example i need to water today. But only able to get the ph up and down next week.

So wanted a quick fix.

Tried the lemon juice. Made a small difference in colour.

So until i get the proper stuff. Will use this quick fix for now.

Doesnt get it 100 percent . But an improvement is always a good thing.

1 minute ago, afternoon blazer said:

So i have been fiddling around for house hold shit to adjust ph in a emergency situation.

For example i need to water today. But only able to get the ph up and down next week.

So wanted a quick fix.

Tried the lemon juice. Made a small difference in colour.

So until i get the proper stuff. Will use this quick fix for now.

Doesnt get it 100 percent . But an improvement is always a good thing.

ahh I see, ya bru to be honest if you have everything in the soils and not feeding nutes. It should be able to balance itself out regardless. so don't stress too much. I would say just water with the standing water, it will be fine. My ph and Tds pens have since died and now I couldn't be bothered with all that testing and retesting and over and over, headaches. 

7 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

ahh I see, ya bru to be honest if you have everything in the soils and not feeding nutes. It should be able to balance itself out regardless. so don't stress too much. I would say just water with the standing water, it will be fine. My ph and Tds pens have since died and now I couldn't be bothered with all that testing and retesting and over and over, headaches. 

Thanks bro. So using the ff premium clasic.

Havnt done nutez yet. Waiting for week 3 (sunday).

Fingers crossed.

29 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

Buy the batteries man. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Stop being lazy. 🙄

1 minute ago, Louis said:

@PsyCLown im not sure wat pests, only problem is that I can see something has been eating away at my leaves, not bad, just 1 or 2 leaves and I think it's grasshoppers 

I assume they are outside then, nothing hiding underneath the leaves?

From the quick google search I did earlier, it seems vegol works when sprayed onto the insect. Not sure just spraying the plant will stop the pests.

• Thanks 1

Eish, u see thats why this forum is so good lol someome has read something about someone's problem 😁🤝

Years ago I used chilies mixed with water and a few drops of sunlight but trying all this fancy shit now days and it just makes life difficult lol🙈

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Louis said:

I figure 3g is 3ml grow and 2b is 2ml bloom but cant make out the rest, it's probably really simple but im lost lol. 

Sorry 4 my ignorance 🙈

Hi @Louis, I used the biobizz range myself and I would interpretate it as follows:

1st week: 4ml root Juice

2nd week: 2ml Fish mix

3rd week: 3ml Fish mix

4th week: 3ml grow / 2ml bloom

5th week: 3ml grow / 3ml bloom

6th week: 4 ml grow / 3ml bloom / 2ml topmax

7th week: 4 ml grow / 4ml bloom / 3ml topmax

8th week: 4ml grow / 4ml bloom / 4ml topmax

9th week: see week 8

10th week flush.

That's how I would interpretate it and how it makes sense. Correct @afternoon blazer and @Prom?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2