Differences between various vapes

PsyCLown

So I think a good idea to start a new separate thread and not spam your sale thread @Delicious 😛 

So the PAX 3 I used was quite nice, the one thing I did notice is that it did seem a bit stronger / more powerful than what I am use to and from what I recall. Like even at the same temp as the vape I currently use, the experience was very different.

A lot more vapor and it was hotter / harsher. At the time I thought maybe my cheapy is not that accurate with temp control, but perhaps its more the difference of conduction vs convection.

I do not smoke joints or bong, only vape and on occasion hit a dab (need to purge my stuff before I start dabbing again though).

Flavour is very important to me, along with ease of use and battery life. Mostly the GF and I who share the vape and use it when at home.

I have used @Ill_Evan Arizer ArGo which is pretty awesome, I love the fact that it uses 18650 batteries - easy to swap out and get replacements for.

However there is no option to use dab with it, not sure I'd even use dab with it all that often but a nice to have feature.

Also portability, its larger than the PAX but I think majority of other decent vapes will be larger than a PAX.

If conduction is not the best for flavour and needs to have a tightly packed bowl, perhaps its not the ideal vape for me afterall.

Perhaps i should look for something which uses convection instead - my current one is convection.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

With all of the above being said, I just went to go look at an online store to see what other options are out there.

The Davinci Miqro caught my attention and then the IQ 2 did as well - I believe both are conduction though... Does it really sacrifice the quality of the vape and the taste?

I don't ever use my ArGo anymore. My Da Buddha Vape is simply too mighty and its dutifully next to be at my desk. The ArGo would be used much more for festivals or concerts due to it's covert nature. Remember concerts? I remember concerts..

If I were to buy another vape I'd probably try out the Lotus Vaporizer. I like the look of it, it does both herb and concentrates, and doesn't use batteries but gives you the vape experience. 

lotus-vaporizer-kit-439-550x550w.jpg.ce55efe1d33d4fddb6cbf9cf7927abad.jpg

https://vapestore.co.za/lotus-vaporizer

A great website where I initially found my information about vaporizers can be found here: 

https://www.sneakypetestore.com/blogs/vaporizer-reviews-user-guides/2018-vape-awards-www-sneakypetestore-com-vaporizer-review-videos

This was the video I watched that got me to buy the Arizer ArGo. They also review and test pretty much all the vaporizers that come out. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Lotus Vaporizer

Oooooh yes, I've been eyeing that for a while now. Supposedly the best flavour you can get out of a vape. I just wasn't too impressed with Vape Stores pricing on it though....

37 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

I like Sneaky Pete's stuff. My original vape source was 420VapeZone with Troy. Also does good video reviews. Very down to earth dude.

49 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Does it really sacrifice the quality of the vape and the taste?

So.... I wouldn't say it sacrifices the quality of the vape, and the taste is definitely there in the beginning (I'm using my Boundless CF as a reference, which is more of a conduction / convection mix) but it certainly trails off quickly. 

59 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

use it when at home

It might be worth looking into a desktop unit maybe? But if you're looking for something that does herb and concentrates, I think you're going to struggle. It's probably better to find a dedicated unit for herb and another for concentrate. From what I can tell, most units can't cover both bases comfortably. They generally lack in one area. Even my volcano doesn't do that well with concentrate, but in the herb department it knocks everything else out of the water. And I don't think I'd recommend any of the Arizer units for concentrates. Also, for concentrate, you need a much higher temperature than you would for bud and most vapes don't reach those high temps. So, for concentrates I would recommend something with a torch lighter. Or maybe one of the Dr.Dabber units? I've never used one of those before though.

55 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Davinci Miqro caught my attention and then the IQ 2

Haven't used either of these, and I can't actually remember if they're conduction / convection or a mix of both. But I do know that one of them (maybe the original IQ) the body of the unit would get quite warm in your hands. 

The Lotus is fairly similar to the Vapor Genie and Dynavap I feel.

I want something battery powered.

I could possibly get away with something desk based, realistically... but then there are cables and the chances of it getting knocked off and breaking so I still would prefer something more portable.

@Delicious I believe the IQ2 is conduction, but I stumbled upon a review on the Mighty Craft+ vs PAX 3 vs IQ2 andthe IQ2 came out tops.

The Mighty Craft+ was 2nd.

I see the original IQ got quite warm, I assume and hope its been fixed with the IQ2... seems like a nice piece of kit. Unlikely I will be getting a new vape anytime soon, maybe sometime next year. Should be more reviews out by then, possibly vapes too. See how the IQ2 does, but apparently flavour is pretty good on it.

Nice thread! I started using my vape after 4 years of a break and stuck with it ever since. I got my Arizer Solo since four years now and used it nearly every day.

What I like about it is the full and vapor and taste it delivers. I am still surprised it's still working perfectly.

The only downside is the fact that you really need to drag strongly to get out the vapor. The airflow just sucks.

Never heard anything about the Arizer ArGo. Has any of you had the Arizer Solo and Arizer ArGo? If so do you think the ArGo is better in terms of airflow, flavor, etc?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, afternoon blazer said:

No no. U always do this. Im fed up. 10 min time out 🤣🤣

Omw, I do, dont I 🙈

Not to excuse myself, though my mind is super active and partly ADHD, so when I think of something I normally ask the question, then think afterwards, maybe not the best place or time, or even question sometimes to ask.

I dont do it on purpose 🤔

Edited by StickyD420

2 hours ago, Fridgedoor said:

The airflow just sucks.

684dcae7bf93da0b4581613c38e39288.gif.25b377b7798f016e77bb77bf83005dbb.gif

2 hours ago, Fridgedoor said:

Never heard anything about the Arizer ArGo. Has any of you had the Arizer Solo and Arizer ArGo? If so do you think the ArGo is better in terms of airflow, flavor, etc?

Nooooooo! The ArGo airflow is min min min. If the Solo is giving struggles, the ArGo won't do you much better if at all. 

If you want airflow, Da Buddha Vape is your boy. DBV is my daily and only smoking utility at the moment.

DBV.thumb.JPG.c9dd4ca1622b4f3d090cca58fba0aa96.JPG

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

I want something battery powered.

Fair enough. There ain't nothing wrong with that. Ease of use is also a big factor for me (in certain situations anyway). And having to be able to just press a button and pull is a pretty awesome feeling. 

Mighty Craft+ vs PAX 3 vs IQ2 andthe IQ2 came out tops

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?? Really? Yoh, ok. The Mighty has been a vape king for many a year now. But then again I haven't seen much with regards to the IQ 2. Do you have a link to share?

maybe sometime next year.

Well I'm sure by then there'll be a handful of new version available. There's even talk of a Mighty+ as well (to match the Crafty+), but I haven't heard anything about that recently. I also can't imagine what kind of upgrades they could make (besides a removable battery - which is unlikely because it's S&B and none of their units have removable batteries)

But @PsyCLown to give you an idea, if I had to buy a brand new first vape again, I would probably go with the Boundless CFX. Sure, if cost was no issue, I'd probably go with a Mighty. But I've really enjoyed my Boundless CF over the years, and although it's not the best unit in terms of flavour, it's always looked after me and gotten me high as fuck whenever I needed it too. Until the batteries run out at least... But with the CFX, the battery lasts much longer (from what I'm told anyway).

But, if you're looking for flavour, I'd go with an Air II (if you want the replaceable battery option) or the Solo II (battery lasts a lot longer but isn't user replaceable). And then get a different set of kit for concentrates.

Or, if you're willing to import a desktop unit, you can look into the Ditanium. Supposedly does herb and concentrate really well, and it's made of wood and steel, so very little pieces to break. 

53 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Omw, I do, dont I 🙈

Not to excuse myself, though my mind is super active and partly ADHD, so when I think of something I normally ask the question, then think afterwards, maybe not the best place or time, or even question sometimes to ask.

I dont do it on purpose 🤔

Im the same bro. Especially when im 💨

• Like 1

@Fridgedoor and @Ill_Evan how are you packing your vapes? I'm coming from an OG Air and a Solo II and I have no issues with airflow.

You really do have to pack the stem lightly. Like, I suck up bud with the stem like a straw. Give it a lil tamp with a finger to make sure nothing falls out, and that's it. Also no need to overpack either

• Like 1

I only speak of the ArGo. I haven't played with the Solo series. Learning how to pack is like the first learning curve to dry herb vapes, then temperature, then draw speed. It's a bit like learning an instrument 😅

With my Buddha, I pack using the method you describe, by sucking it up like a straw, pack about halfway for greenhouse, about a quarter with indoor. 

20200730_182351.thumb.jpg.239e2a70fba430ab6afa761110737646.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ill_Evan said:

684dcae7bf93da0b4581613c38e39288.gif.25b377b7798f016e77bb77bf83005dbb.gif

Nooooooo! The ArGo airflow is min min min. If the Solo is giving struggles, the ArGo won't do you much better if at all. 

If you want airflow, Da Buddha Vape is your boy. DBV is my daily and only smoking utility at the moment.

DBV.thumb.JPG.c9dd4ca1622b4f3d090cca58fba0aa96.JPG

Thanks man 😂, I need to check out Dabuddha. But I take it needs to be plugged in isn't it? Then it's a bit complicated. I need to be a bit sneaky if you know what I mean ;).

@Deliciousthanks for the tip! At some point I figured that out, but even lightly packed there’s this resistance that I got used to but sometimes I wish for less resistance while taking a drag.

For me the ultimate vaping device is the mighty but it's sooo pricey...

1 hour ago, Ill_Evan said:

It's a bit like learning an instrument 

Haha yeah that's pretty relatable actually. Except for my Volcano, that doesn't have much learning to do (other than what temperature to dial it in at - the correct answer is 6)

Awe, so if one is looking for a decent vape,

Criteria are as follows, in order of importance 

Hand held

Functionality 

Battery

Best effect  / pull / vape.

Which would be your go to?

The Dynavap is probably best, if you dont mind carrying a lighter blower with you or at home.

Then the Buddha like Evan has or the Volc

@Delicious here is your saucy sauce! https://thevape.guide/pax-3-vs-davinci-iq-2-vs-crafty/

The IQ2 has adjustable airflow as well which not many herb vapes have, if any of them actually. So you can decide whether you want a tighter draw or air for days.

That Ditanium seems pretty cool, bit of a long heat up, but probably awesome for a big gather of people which is obviously not allowed now during lockdown - unless you hire a taxi for you and your friends or want to take it with you to a funeral of course.

Portable vape, I still quite like the idea of the IQ2 and wish I could just try it along with some other vapes to see how much of a difference there is.

How does the flavour on the desktop vapes such as da buddah and ditanium ( @Ill_Evan ) compared to portable vapes?

• Like 1

Thanks @PsyCLown
That IQ2 does look really nice, with ceramic and replacereplacement batteries available. 
Do us all a favour just buy one so we can get your opinion on it haha

10 year warranty too, same as the pax 3.
I don't think any convection vape offers a similar warranty?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

Oh yes, definitely will do that when I can afford to again, I badly want one too.
I did see the 10 year warranty and was one of the main reasons I'd go for it, so many pluses there.
Was it a convection, thought it said conductive?
Out of those three, it and the Pax only with 10 years.
It is conduction, but makes me wonder why we only see these 10 year warranties on conduction vapes and not on any convection vapes?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StickyD420 said:

Oh yes, definitely will do that when I can afford to again, I badly want one too.

I did see the 10 year warranty and was one of the main reasons I'd go for it, so many pluses there.

Was it a convection, thought it said conductive?

Out of those three, it and the Pax only with 10 years.

I would like the dual 1z. Dry bud and liquid. 

Need to buy a F@#%ing light first. 😅

• Like 1