Winter Growing...

The 17 th of March I Germinated 8 babbakush , 2 stinkypies , 2 lr+b , 2 fluff cheeses , 2 strawberrie kush  The progress has been good..I stated growing around September 2019 so im very new to the game... The seeds i got from a grower/breeder who names himself "Budbally" and everything I learnd was from him and the internet... I got a greenhouse were I leave my babies (other than that everything Im using is low buget and free , I know I wont produce good bud with just Normal soil what can I add to my soil to enhance my plants with out breaking the bank.

I am hard working and my Family and I are all stoners so I want to start producing bud to supply the family all year around.. but with my grow skills I have only produced bud that Looks,smell and taste horrible and it does not even make us High...

I had a dream that I would plant 50 babbies in my greenhouse September but what is the point if Im just going to produce lower grade than "parkie grass".

20200721_095432.jpg

20200721_095441.jpg

20200721_095445.jpg

20200721_095456.jpg

20200721_095312.jpg

20200721_095350.jpg

20200721_095355.jpg

20200721_095358.jpg

• Like 3

Aweh.
Winter is a problem for outdoor growers.
Either you grow indoors or you can plant auto's. Otherwise go big in summer.
Now is the time for outdoor growers to be prepping soil for summer.

This is the wrong time of the year to be planting photoperiod plants. You can plant autoflowering strains that may yield better in winter. (I've harvested 30-40gr dry off auto's this winter)

Photoperiods will grow but remain small till they reach sexual maturity and due to the short days will start flowering very quickly- yield will be small.(like the pics)
Depending on where you grow ambient winter temps will also affect the growth of the plants. They don't like very cold temps, but can survive.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShamelessAtom said:

Oky so I dont have money but I bought 70 seeds a while back ...when is the right time to Germinate then for the big summer strech . 

Hi there! 

So the best, seeing that you have a greenhouse would be to plant late August, to mid September... But depending on how tall the GH is, they might get too big for the space. 

You will need to be on top of your game though... Big trees are no small feat to get to harvest and smoke!! 

Like @Bospatrollie2 said, nows the time to prep your soil and get ready for the coming season! Or grow indoor lol... Which is a costly exercise TBH.

What are you planning on using for nutrients? 

• Like 4

@CreX  I really want to go for the Flora grow serries Liquid nutes sound like a very fun way of doing it( but i also know i can easily burn my plants)...and if I cannot afford nutes I will try and go for a cheap slow release furt with a 2;2;2 NPK.

But I live on a farm so I want to use my chicken minour and pig minour to make a compostheap but im not sure if it will work as a replacement for Nutes.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ShamelessAtom said:

@CreX  I really want to go for the Flora grow serries Liquid nutes sound like a very fun way of doing it( but i also know i can easily burn my plants)...and if I cannot afford nutes I will try and go for a cheap slow release furt with a 2;2;2 NPK.

But I live on a farm so I want to use my chicken minour and pig minour to make a compostheap but im not sure if it will work as a replacement for Nutes.

The liquid nutes are really good stuff! But, are generally considered non organic and or harmful to the souls micro life. 

But don't let that put you off! Because now that you mention which nute line you are leaning towards gives me insight to guiding you to the correct meduim to use it on! 

Okay so outdoor growing is your goal. 

You have a GH

You have the Sun. 

Those 2 things already and you are well on your way to success. 

Liquid or salt based fertilizer is best used in inert meduim, like coco or perlite or leca... And not so much for soils. 

The reason for this is soils already contain an amount of nutrients already in a likely unknown quantity and ratio

Where salt based nutes are a complete solution not requiring any extra help from the nutes already in soil. It's not the end of the world if you do use it in soil though, just not best practice. 

So outdoor coco beds outdoor will be ideal for that nutrient line. 

Will you be growing in pots or in the ground in the GH? Is there an outdoor light in the green house for night time? 

• Like 1

As for your farm animals manure. 

I know chicken poop is great stuff in low quantities. 

But pig poop I don't think is good due to the animal being omnivorous and has bad bacteria or something... But I stand to be corrected on the pig poop. 

Your compost pile will need to be built correctly as well, right number of greens, right number of browns and carefully dosed with ammendments, left to cook for a few months before it can be used in the garden. 

I would do yourself a flavour and check out some composting guides on Google for as much info you could need, and being on a farm you should have most of the components already, they just need to be put in the right order. 

Note - I would rather go for the biobizz range or an organic liquid fert like nitrisol or seagrow... Preferably the biobizz though... That shits great

@SkunkPharm

• Like 3

Stay away from pig manure buddy. There's a reason a lot of vegetable farmers don't use it.
It carries parasites such as Roundworm, has a low nitrogen level.
As a rule with manure, no human, dog, cat or any thing that eats meat and shit.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DamDave said:

Stay away from pig manure buddy. There's a reason a lot of vegetable farmers don't use it.
It carries parasites such as Roundworm, has a low nitrogen level.
As a rule with manure, no human, dog, cat or any thing that eats meat and shit.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

@ShamelessAtom,

Rule of thumb is to use only manure from veg eaters. 

Horses, rabbits, chickens, ducks, goats(these fucks eat everything so maybe skip them to be safe lol), cows are good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Goats are crazy!!! 😂😂

So you should be able to grow some super dank this coming season! 

But until then, you gonna need to keep getting dank from wherever you get it. 

Some tips that are commonly overlooked. 

You need great light... You have the sun so that's a start... You will need some outdoor lights for at night if you wanna grow proper outdoor. 

You need great soil... Which you will either buy or prepare yourself.... I would buy a few bags of ready made soil (not culterra or garden master please) and use that as a base for your compost and meduim. 

You need fresh air that replenishes itself... Not sure if it's a glass GH or a fabric tunnel you have, but either are generally great if you have them. 

You need quality seed stock... Bag seed just does not cut the cheese. You will need to buy some seeds from a reputed source in order to grow some fire. 

If you have all of that, and ample amounts of patience... And a bit of a green thumb, you will deff grow enough dank for your whole family to enjoy haha. 

As long as they help you trim when the time comes because that is the real pain in the ass hahaha 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ShamelessAtom said:

@CreX okay awesome thank you so much for the advise and tips... I want to buy the just Cannabis Organic living soil, whats your thoughts on that?

I have used some and it went well, and I have seen good reviews from them. 

They claim to have a soil that doesn't need to be fed at all... But it does... In flower especially. 

But it's a quality soil that I would use. 

• Like 1

Hi there! 
So the best, seeing that you have a greenhouse would be to plant late August, to mid September... But depending on how tall the GH is, they might get too big for the space. 
You will need to be on top of your game though... Big trees are no small feat to get to harvest and smoke!! 
Like @Bospatrollie2 said, nows the time to prep your soil and get ready for the coming season! Or grow indoor lol... Which is a costly exercise TBH.
What are you planning on using for nutrients? 
G.house early in summer will produce some tall trees. But not all the plants will grow tall, depends on the genetics and the size of the pot. I maxed out my 2.4m headspace with a few in 30 and 60lit pots, but it's possible with proper topping and some lst.

@Bospatrollie2  I want to grow my plant to 1.2 M and then strat the process off moving them inside at night and outside for day...for the 12 12 light cycle I know its hard work but im using potting bags and i dont have bigger than 20 L so hence the size.
Prefer fabric Woolies carrier bags to plastic, 25lt buckets and 60lit tubs.
Also have some 20lit fabric pots from cannabist, they all work for us.
Carrying them is difficult and it will prove a task if you have 10 or more plants to move every day.

Some plants will only yield about 30-40gr dry, but I've managed more than 200gr off some plants in 25lt bag and 60lt tub respectively. It depends on so many factors.

1 hour ago, ShamelessAtom said:

@Bospatrollie2  I want to grow my plant to 1.2 M and then strat the process off moving them inside at night and outside for day...for the 12 12 light cycle I know its hard work but im using potting bags and i dont have bigger than 20 L so hence the size.

Depending on how much the plant stretches during flower, you could end up with a 2m+ beast if you grow her to 1.2m before you flip. That could be a pita to bring indoors every evening.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, ShamelessAtom said:

@Bakstein420  so what do you recommend me doing try and get them to 60 cm and the force flowering...or do the normal thing where I leave it to veg for 8 weeks and then switch it over?

Its hard to say without knowing what genetics you are growing, you dont know how they will behave come flower. Honestly i would use the extra veg time and mainline the vigorous growers, aim for something like 16 colas per a plant.

24 minutes ago, ShamelessAtom said:

@Bakstein420  so what do you recommend me doing try and get them to 60 cm and the force flowering...or do the normal thing where I leave it to veg for 8 weeks and then switch it over?

Comes down to what Bakstein said,

Genetics, 

Indica will not stretch so much, around double

Sativa, around 3 time bigger.

You check the strain on the sellers site, they tell you the stretch. 

Your plant will not always go according to the days since seed, and rather go on the size of the plant for better accuracy, as your plant might have an issue or grow really well and then your time wouldn't be the same for the same size plant.