Miggie/Bug Problem Indoor Tent

PeeWee

5 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

Not sure it's such a good idea letting your plant sit in runoff for so long. 

You reckon it should be tossed out sooner? I'm still very new to growing and welcome any advice, bro. 

This was something that I've read somewhere. Not to leave the runoff for too long but also to allow the soil to reabsorb some of it. 

54 minutes ago, Tee_Aitch_See said:

You reckon it should be tossed out sooner? I'm still very new to growing and welcome any advice, bro. 

This was something that I've read somewhere. Not to leave the runoff for too long but also to allow the soil to reabsorb some of it. 

Hey brother, 

I believe the best is to not have the runoff touch the pot again, almost a gap between them if possible so that the old salts and such, dont go back into the mix and cause trouble. 

As soon as you see it stop flowing, best to remove it.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@Tee_Aitch_See

Please remind me what nutrients you use again, in case I have seen it or you have written it somewhere before and cant recall?

You say living soil, so will assume you have Biobizz or similar, and not synthetic nutrients?

With soils, living or alive with Microbes, you ideally want to water just enough and have no runoff what so ever,

With neutral mediums, and synthetic nutrients, you want to flush the old / stale salts in that medium out with the new feed and therefore replace instead of add to the mix.

You can also if using organic or living soils, do a very cheap and easy, and extremely well working Perlite layer on top of your soil, and you'll have no gnats, or will you have the fan nor wind, drying your soil prematurely on the surface making you believe it's time to water and thus causing chance of over watering. 

10 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

@Tee_Aitch_See

Please remind me what nutrients you use again, in case I have seen it or you have written it somewhere before and cant recall?

You say living soil, so will assume you have Biobizz or similar, and not synthetic nutrients?

With soils, living or alive with Microbes, you ideally want to water just enough and have no runoff what so ever,

With neutral mediums, and synthetic nutrients, you want to flush the old / stale salts in that medium out with the new feed and therefore replace instead of add to the mix.

You can also if using organic or living soils, do a very cheap and easy, and extremely well working Perlite layer on top of your soil, and you'll have no gnats, or will you have the fan nor wind, drying your soil prematurely on the surface making you believe it's time to water and thus causing chance of over watering. 

@StickyD420 I'm using enormous bud living soil. And you are correct in assuming that I'm using biobizz nutes. I have the grow and bloom. Most recently used the bloom to feed. Just as per the directions on the bottle.  

I generally water or feed very slowly. Just a few 100ml at a time and I wait until it kinda works it's way though the soil and when I see some moisture escaping out the bottom, I stop. 

I'll then start checking the soil after about 3 days for when it needs again. Just by carefully pushing a finger into the soil until the 2nd knuckle. 

So far I haven't had issues with these autos and hoping that it stays that way. 

Thanks for the tips and advice, bro. I'm keen to learn more

2 hours ago, Tee_Aitch_See said:

I raise my plants out the tray when watering, then discard of runoff before putting my pots back in the tray.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Sweet potatoes, 

The manufacturer's recommendations for the nutrients is a little high, and they want you to use more so you'll buy more quicker. I use way less than half their suggested. 

2 ways to water with your setup, and that's like you are doing, but pull back slightly before runoff, and slowly over a period, doing a soil saturation type watering. 

Or you can, as I'm doing currently and also getting the hang of properly still, and that is you water only 100ml per 1L size of pot / soil, so 20L pot will 2L water, and every day or other day, and you'll need to know your plants well.

• Thanks 1