Wedryer

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

Howzit looking for a we dryer any of you chaps can maybe point me into the right direction.

Shot

Hey man. I personally haven't used it but the concept looks dope. I see @Aeradix stocks them but don't currently have stock it seems. Maybe they will respond here and let you know when abouts they will have stock again. 

2 hours ago, afternoon blazer said:

Howzit guys.

Out of interest. Would something like tjis also work?

Screenshot_20200722-101702_Samsung Internet.jpg

I believe those use heat, so a big no no! Will ruin your terpenes and you'll end up with garbage.

Also you do not want to dry the bud too quickly as it will also ruin the bud and you do not want to over dry it.

EDIT: I find drying in a tent works really well, have some fans inside for air circulation (not blowing directly on the bud) and then if you can have a fan connected to a RH sensor so that if the RH is over a specific number then it turns on the fan to lower the RH to ensure your bud does not dry out too quickly and does not sit in a very humid environment which could lead to mold and such.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I believe those use heat, so a big no no! Will ruin your terpenes and you'll end up with garbage.

Also you do not want to dry the bud too quickly as it will also ruin the bud and you do not want to over dry it.

EDIT: I find drying in a tent works really well, have some fans inside for air circulation (not blowing directly on the bud) and then if you can have a fan connected to a RH sensor so that if the RH is over a specific number then it turns on the fan to lower the RH to ensure your bud does not dry out too quickly and does not sit in a very humid environment which could lead to mold and such.

Thanks brother.

So what would be an average drying time??

• Like 1

Thanks brother.

So what would be an average drying time??
Hard to say, lots of variables.
Around a week though is what I generally end up with, some buds are a little wet and some a little drier.

I pop them into a jar with boveda and if the rh is too high I leave the jar lid open for a while to help dry it out a bit more. Gotta monitor the ambient rh too though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hard to say, lots of variables.
Around a week though is what I generally end up with, some buds are a little wet and some a little drier.

I pop them into a jar with boveda and if the rh is too high I leave the jar lid open for a while to help dry it out a bit more. Gotta monitor the ambient rh too though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

100%
I do the same.

Dry for 7-10 days then in the jars with Boveda packs.
Got the small digital hygrometers and I monitor the RH in the jar over the days.

Thankfully my RH doesn't get much higher. And stays stable for about 2 or 3 days and then drops closer to the value on the humidity pack

I open the jars for a few minutes a day just to break the buds loose from each other and leave it closed until I do it again.

Minimum cure of 3 weeks for sufficient flavor I feel.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the buds are dried nicely, I found that the RH in the jars with Boveda packs won't increase above ~67% even if I left the jar sealed for 3 days.
It then dropped to ~60% over the next few days (I get the 58% packs)

I did this with 1 jar only out of 3 as an experiment to see if the Boveda packs could keep the RH in check in a sealed jar with freshly dried buds.

Worked out well for me, but it's essential to burp the jars if RH in them gets too high... Don't want to risk all that hard work.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1