Liontree LED's

ORGANinc.

I've taken it upon myself to do a bit of a review on the LED grow light I've been using.

Morning fellow ganja soldiers... I see many guys are looking for opinions on LED lights as like myself. It seems it will be the natural progression, so its quite important to have a vast understanding of all  the products out there, locally and internationally. There are many ways of measuring how effective your potential LED grow light will be and this will all get taken into account before you go and spend your hard earned money on something that I would definitely say is not affordable. 

I have been using the Liontree Supernova 320 for 10 days now, and it completely blows my 600w MH out the water for veg, however, I'm still yet to experience the full power of this LED as I've been running it on 25%, but now for the exciting part... the bloom stage has just commenced so the ultimate test for these light is here. I will update this thread with the results as we go along.

These LED's are affordable, utilize Bridgelux 5050 diodes, Magnifying lenses covering with far red, 100% waterproof! guy said I can hose it down if I like lol thanks, but no thanks... and driver? well the guy says you can choose which one you prefer🤣 very smart . This unique design also allows for expanded footprint which is always good.

Liontree, based in KZN... are positioned quite well in the market in my opinion, and are a great example of a proudly SA business. 

Maybe this might be helpful to some. there website www.liontree.co.za

Updates to follow!!!

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-16 at 07.24.47.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-16 at 07.24.47 (1).jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

I've taken it upon myself to do a bit of a review on the LED grow light I've been using.

Morning fellow ganja soldiers... I see many guys are looking for opinions on LED lights as like myself. It seems it will be the natural progression, so its quite important to have a vast understanding of all  the products out there, locally and internationally. There are many ways of measuring how effective your potential LED grow light will be and this will all get taken into account before you go and spend your hard earned money on something that I would definitely say is not affordable. 

I have been using the Liontree Supernova 320 for 10 days now, and it completely blows my 600w MH out the water for veg, however, I'm still yet to experience the full power of this LED as I've been running it on 25%, but now for the exciting part... the bloom stage has just commenced so the ultimate test for these light is here. I will update this thread with the results as we go along.

These LED's are affordable, utilize Bridgelux 5050 diodes, Magnifying lenses covering with far red, 100% waterproof! guy said I can hose it down if I like lol thanks, but no thanks... and driver? well the guy says you can choose which one you prefer🤣 very smart . This unique design also allows for expanded footprint which is always good.

Liontree, based in KZN... are positioned quite well in the market in my opinion, and are a great example of a proudly SA business. 

Maybe this might be helpful to some. there website www.liontree.co.za

Updates to follow!!!

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-16 at 07.24.47.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-16 at 07.24.47 (1).jpeg

Morning bro.

Light looks good.

Im baked. So theres some questions for u.

What driver you running with that?

What footprint can u cover?

What light colour is it? 3000k . 3500k.

U did say 320. Im asuming that is total watt draw.

Did u get any par specs?

Is it dimmable?

What was delivery time?

What did it set u back?

• Like 1

@afternoon blazer

Haha No stress bro, Ill just paste the specs below bud. delivery took 3 days, he is on the ball. I would say the footprint would be good for 1,2x1,2 maybe 1,5 x 1,5 but I will understand better after this run. The guy did me a favour because he is a friend, but they retail for 8k. 

• Fully dimmable enabling greater control in all stages of growth
  • Customised waterproof LED housing with photometric lenses
  • White light with customized full spectrum light, for vegetative and flowering cycle
  • High performance multi-chip package 180lm/w, 1050 Umol at 450mm.
  • Dimming 10% to 100%
  • 90degree beam angle, can be customised according to your height requirements
  • Low operating temperature 40-50 degrees Celsius.
  • water and, humidity proof (IP 65/ K10)
  • Recommended Vegetating an area of 3000 mm x 2000mm and Flowering 2500x1500mm
  • This is direct cover, add 1000mm for wash cover
  • Recommended mounting Height 800mm above canopy with dimming to suit
  • Power consumption 500W
  • Working voltage: 90-305Volts @ 50-60Hz
  • 3 year warranty on all parts and construction
  • MOSO / MW /SOSEN drivers available
  • CE, RoHS, CB, LM-79, LM-90 approved
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ORGANinc. said:

@afternoon blazer

Haha No stress bro, Ill just paste the specs below bud. delivery took 3 days, he is on the ball. I would say the footprint would be good for 1,2x1,2 maybe 1,5 x 1,5 but I will understand better after this run. The guy did me a favour because he is a friend, but they retail for 8k. 

• Fully dimmable enabling greater control in all stages of growth
  • Customised waterproof LED housing with photometric lenses
  • White light with customized full spectrum light, for vegetative and flowering cycle
  • High performance multi-chip package 180lm/w, 1050 Umol at 450mm.
  • Dimming 10% to 100%
  • 90degree beam angle, can be customised according to your height requirements
  • Low operating temperature 40-50 degrees Celsius.
  • water and, humidity proof (IP 65/ K10)
  • Recommended Vegetating an area of 3000 mm x 2000mm and Flowering 2500x1500mm
  • This is direct cover, add 1000mm for wash cover
  • Recommended mounting Height 800mm above canopy with dimming to suit
  • Power consumption 500W
  • Working voltage: 90-305Volts @ 50-60Hz
  • 3 year warranty on all parts and construction
  • MOSO / MW /SOSEN drivers available
  • CE, RoHS, CB, LM-79, LM-90 approved

Yo bro. @ORGANinc.

this shit sounds 🔥🔥

I can feel ur excitment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

@afternoon blazer  You having issues with germination? Need Gibberilins, I soak my seeds in Humic, fulvic and kelp powder get good results. Get kelp powder from dischem bud, finest brown kelp powder I can find. use a 1/16 of a teaspoon virtually nothing. But also this cold bud. light is not very important for germination.

Well it suposed to be easy.

Its autos aswell and the other guys just germ with normal shot glass and paper towel or soak and staright in seed cube thingyz.

The 1st seed did take a while to crack open.

Its potted for about 4 days now. Just gona wait on that 1.

2nd seed is in the paper towel atm. For some reason i feel abit more confident about this 1.  Gona wait abit fir that tap root and the pot.

I have been potting in root plugs. (From the uk apparently quite good) and putting that into final pot.

If i dont come right with the 1st or 2nd seed. I have 1 more auto to try. I probably might use ur reccomendation with that 1.

When germing in a plastic bag. I keep the temp around 26-29 ( place it on my modem) as per @Bakstein420 reccomendation.

And in the grow box. I raised the pots close to the light and put a dome on to increase the temp. Outside the dome its about 22 degrees. So inside should be abit warmer.

Trying to be patient with the seeds.

Spent alot of time. Effort and cash to get to this stage. So just gona be patient and keep at it. 

Something has to work eventually. ( only issue is that im gona run out of auto soon. Which i really wana try growing)

Patience is key in this game i guess.

• Like 2

@afternoon blazer  took the words out of my mouth bud, patience is another story lol, but when something does happen or a milestone is reached, its the most rewarding feeling.

Ya don't stress about it champ, try forget about them for a week. I used to germinate before, but decided to gooi straight into light soil mix and they poped in about 8 days so works out about the same if you germinate, I just don't want to risk contaminating the tap root when transporting.

Just now, ORGANinc. said:

@afternoon blazer  took the words out of my mouth bud, patience is another story lol, but when something does happen or a milestone is reached, its the most rewarding feeling.

Ya don't stress about it champ, try forget about them for a week. I used to germinate before, but decided to gooi straight into light soil mix and they poped in about 8 days so works out about the same if you germinate, I just don't want to risk contaminating the tap root when transporting.

Shot bro. 

Next seed would be the kelp and stuff and straight into the seed starter.

Hoping i dont need that last auto for a while though.

20200709_141528.jpg

Thanks bro! I've enjoyed this method, but i'm going to opt for a easier and less time consuming way next time round. Will see how it pans out.
Nice one man... My suggestion for the next run, if you still want to keep 4 plants, is as follows.

For each tree; Top below the 4th node around day 21, clean off growth from 1st node, and then train the 4 new mains sideways for about a week or 2 - until the tree is just under half the desired total height - and then flower.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@TheUltimateNoob @StickyD420 Thanks guys! appreciate it! 

8 hours ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

Nice one man... My suggestion for the next run, if you still want to keep 4 plants, is as follows.

For each tree; Top below the 4th node around day 21, clean off growth from 1st node, and then train the 4 new mains sideways for about a week or 2 - until the tree is just under half the desired total height - and then flower.

Yeah man I was going to do something similar actually. After reading reading, I thought its gotta be better to just let those main branches grow out before topping and then the foundation is already set. will prove a bit more difficult with clones but ya will still be trying to use those same principals. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

After reading this properly, its exactly what i'm doing next time lol. 4 nodes 8 main colas cleaned and trained from the bottom up. Very excited to see this method through. Involves about half the stress if that. FASTER FASTER! 🤣

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nibiru said:

Is it the right method to top the nodes you want to top at the same time? 

If i'm understanding you correctly. it all depends on your end goal. So where ever you top, 2 new and progressively larger branches will form from that point.  The method i'm describing above involves topping once 4 nodes are formed (that will be the only topping required as the desired number of bud sites has formed naturally) 

• Like 2

After reading this properly, its exactly what i'm doing next time lol. 4 nodes 8 main colas cleaned and trained from the bottom up. Very excited to see this method through. Involves about half the stress if that. FASTER FASTER! 
Haha, it seems like the bets way to get a short veg and still try to maximise yield... And for good reason.

I'm also amped to see how it turns out... It will be a bigger version of my afghan kush tree I grew a while back... Had a very impressive structure

How long is veg for you at the moment? Like how many weeks.

3 hours ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

Haha, it seems like the bets way to get a short veg and still try to maximise yield... And for good reason.

I'm also amped to see how it turns out... It will be a bigger version of my afghan kush tree I grew a while back... Had a very impressive structure emoji1362.png

How long is veg for you at the moment? Like how many weeks.

Yeah man trying to be efficient here lol, I could probably write off the first 3 weeks because I thought it would be a good idea to germinate my seeds under 2 12w cfls which gave me super stringy spindly seedlings but I fixed it luckily by installing those tubes. So it took 9/10 weeks. I think I could do it again in 8. But maybe 7 with new methods. And you bro? How long does it take you getting there? I wouldn’t want to veg any less than what I did now (For the strain). Very happy with the end height reached for a predominantly less stretchier strain in that makes sense. 

• Like 2

Yeah man trying to be efficient here lol, I could probably write off the first 3 weeks because I thought it would be a good idea to germinate my seeds under 2 12w cfls which gave me super stringy spindly seedlings but I fixed it luckily by installing those tubes. So it took 9/10 weeks. I think I could do it again in 8. But maybe 7 with new methods. And you bro? How long does it take you getting there? I wouldn’t want to veg any less than what I did now (For the strain). Very happy with the end height reached for a predominantly less stretchier strain in that makes sense. 

Haha, yeah I've made the mistake of keepings cfls too far from seedlings before...
I veg for 6 weeks on average... Trying to cut it down to 5
A 6 week veg ends up filling my 70cm x 70cm tent quite nicely by the end of flower.

• Like 1