From the start

I would suggest planting in September on the full moon. Except if you are planning on vegging indoors for a while. An then you must be prepared for quite a big tree. So for me I have height restrictions so the earliest I will plant is novembers full moon. I prefer growing multiple small plants as wind also restrict size of your plants in cape town. And then ther is also the problem with pollination of your plants. You dont really want to grow when every one else is. My plan this year is to only do 2 outdoor harvests instead of 3. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I feel some times the stretching is what gets some people, they dont expect that, and these babies get large for sure, huge if given time.

Sorry though, and would planting now, or in 2 months time not make a difference to when he got something back, as its flowering at the same time from now, either way he chose, it would just be the size?

Edited by StickyD420

I don't mind the wait and nothing has been prepared. I'm planning on getting all the goods our local shop sells, i have 2 bags "cannabis" compost but im sure its just basic stuff. 

I have a few spots so they can grow as big as it can. I just want to get a much nicer and better looking plant than last year. 

• Like 1

I once planted a photoperiod plant in August (also Cape Town area) just for fun. It went straight into flower and got 30 cm big.

I germinate mine in the end of September, beginning of Oktober. 

Edited by Fridgedoor
  • Like 1

We just passed the Winter solstice was 20 June, so the days get longer going forward now,

Would imagine you want to plant as close to the Summer Solstice, December 21 as possible.

You get 14 hours light on 21 Dec, so that would make it only 10 hours darkness if I'm correct, and anything between 12 and 10 hours dark is enough time to produce the flowering hormones to start flowering or make trouble.

Confirming what @Fridgedoor said,

And can be greatly effected by shade or walls blocking some of that sun from being all 14 hours being strong enough light.

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 1

Fems, i wouldnt go september in ct, just because of the temp drops (or you work indoor first). Beginning October is a good time to start. Just keep that soil warm till they reach veg.

Autos, a bit different approach. Depending on duration.. seed to harvest, plan ahead. Beginning Nov is a good start for Autos. Cold is gone, and you hit peak sun duration over your growth. Outdoor autos, add at least one, better 2 weeks to the total grow duration. You should end with harvest Beginning Feb.. and have no seeds in your buds.

• Like 1

Alrighty, let me clarify my comment. 

With a small outdoor light to keep the plants in veg, then outdoor veg starts end of August and ends the 1st of March when you remove the outdoor light from play. 

Then proper flowering happens and you end up with a much less leafy bud structure due to the clean cut over In light cycle, even though it's outdoor. 

That's my outdoor best practice. 

But if you don't have an outdoor light handy and won't be able to make a plan for one for the next few years, then outdoor season is marginally different. 

Plant from mid September as advised and the plant will be huge and likely start flowering from mid January. 

Not my ideal grow vibes but it is what it is👌✌️

• Like 3

• 1 month later...