Dank

Sup 420SA fam :-rolled

As mentioned in the writeup for the breeders group, this is the spot to organise some seeds and clones from local SA breeders.

@1000Hills Nursery and myself have been discussing getting some of our cuts out to forum members to grow.

As a collective of growers and breeders we have a opportunity to search for our own "Elite Cuts".

By having other forum members grow cuttings we hope to find motherplants that are truly 420SA cuts, loved and cherished by the community.

This is by no means limited to me and @1000Hills Nursery, it is a ininitiative that i hope will get forum members sharing amongst each other and finding the true SA Elite cuts.

We have taken the first steps, hope many more follow, 1000HillsNursery, bro u care to elaborate a little bit?

Edited by Dank
  • Like 4

420sa:rastabanana... Hope you all blazing some 🔥homegrown... 

Firstly I would like to thank @Dank for initiating this. I see this growing and connecting the community on another level. 

Some background... I've been searching for a decent cheese cut to replace the cut I lost. Unfortunately every pack I popped produced nothing close to what I was looking for. Recently I was gonna have another go at hunting for a cheese when I got into talking with fellow forum member @DankHe was kind enough to share some of the finer details with regards to breeding. Long story short oneday he hits me up... He has a verified danky exodus cheese cut... 

IMG-20200607-WA0008.thumb.jpg.b4026b4d779822df44f80e921c783193.jpg

Fast foward a couple weeks and this rocks up on my doorstep... To date the most special gift I've ever received 💚

IMG_20200710_121235.thumb.jpg.919a0c038848ac98e179ff18b853c501.jpg

IMG_20200710_121328.thumb.jpg.65c545192596409697fd1784848b29ab.jpg

IMG_20200710_122031.thumb.jpg.2325f0decd68f42886e296f83c5318ed.jpg

IMG_20200710_124443.thumb.jpg.4d45bf04d84c3bd48d07562043e70380.jpg

IMG_20200710_125439.thumb.jpg.40949ba4cf20824bcec3317395a20f6a.jpg

IMG_20200710_125511.thumb.jpg.ec77404d78be6792d79807adc6c22f1f.jpg

So what you seeing here is 2 x rooted Exodus Cheese clones. 

And then some live cuttings. 

Wedding Cake 

CBD Heavy

Exodus cheese

So out came the cloning gear and I had those babies in some coco plugs and in the dome in no time. 

• Like 6

What's quite remarkable is that this parcel spent 3 days in darkness whilst it made its trip to me. I have never seen cuttings packed the way they were with wet dead leaves from the garden. When I unpacked them they were in great shape considering. Here they are making themselves at home amongst their new sisters and a few brothers. 

IMG_20200710_172149.thumb.jpg.8676c95adf3a22108ca9bacc4530d6cc.jpg

IMG_20200710_172255.thumb.jpg.2c491b59eaad5ad77c8c28d7f1635896.jpg

@Dank wonderful job... All the cuttings you sent look like they gonna root...

• Like 4

Now to the cherry on top.... 

IMG_20200711_172534.thumb.jpg.e4e807f93f479e625d65596165801da1.jpg

Beanz... Beanz... Beanz... 

🔥🔥🔥🚒🚒🚒

I'm not gonna eloborate to much on these beanz as we plan on dropping them right away and will be start a grow diary for them. @Dank brother thank you again for this amazing priceless gift. If you can please share some info on these beanz and the cuts you sent me. 

Edited by 1000Hills Nursery
  • Like 4

Yo @1000Hills Nursery super stoked they are alive and well, surving the darkness and the cold :-greenthumb The leaves were advice from a orchid guru that ships live plants around.

I didnt have any low ec cococoir or dried moss to package them, so i went for the dried leaves.

Its a big pleasure brother, i hope that they bring u lots of growing and perhaps breeding joy!

14 hours ago, 1000Hills Nursery said:

Now to the cherry on top.... 

IMG_20200711_172534.thumb.jpg.e4e807f93f479e625d65596165801da1.jpg

Beanz... Beanz... Beanz... 

🔥🔥🔥🚒🚒🚒

I'm not gonna eloborate to much on these beanz as we plan on dropping them right away and will be start a grow diary for them. @Dank brother thank you again for this amazing priceless gift. If you can please share some info on these beanz and the cuts you sent me. 

Sure thing man, so the Exodus Cheese cut is a old mom down here by the coast, and definitely verified by the community. Was donated to me as a contribution to my library.

The Weddingcake cut was donated to me as well, i have no info on it except, "Its Weddingcake... or BirthdayCake, same thing really". She is super loud and stoney, not for first time smokers. Lots of gas accompanied by sweetness, almost a rum and raisins Icecream.

The CBD Heavy was also donated to me, info is also vague, except that it might be related to the Otto #2 cut in Colorado. This is true medical weed.

Onto the seeds, the Dankstar Kush is a strain i worked on in the illegal days, they are from 2015 (i hope they pop!). My Afghani and Hindu Kush selection with hints of my Blueberry from their great grandparents.

Plants should be a bit more squat than average hybrids these days, couple of phenotypes, but smoke should be a creamy earthy sweetness, some are very close to a good charas, some lean more to a kind of vanilla kush.

The Strawberry Bubblegum Kush is a hybrid of the Chocolate Kush daddy onto a rare AK 47 Strawberry Bubblegum pheno. I lost the mom unfortunately. 

Should be some Strawberry and hopefully Bubblegum terps coiming out in this cross, u will be sifting these beans before me. Ill hopefully get to pop a couple this season.

The Chocolate Hashberry Kush is a F1 IBL cross from the Chocolate Kush male and a mystery mom from California. I was only given details about the dad in this cross.

So the Chocolate Kush daddy comes from a clone only plant in California called Chocolope Cheese (the mom), she was crossed with a select Moroccan Hashplant male. 

Excpect a boquet of Cali bud, u testing these before me as well, should be good, enjoy em! 

Two packets with 20 beans each are kids from the same daddy.

He is the first stud i featured here 

Edited by Dank
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Dank said:

Yo @1000Hills Nursery super stoked they are alive and well, surving the darkness and the cold :-greenthumb The leaves were advice from a orchid guru that ships live plants around.

I didnt have any low ec cococoir or dried moss to package them, so i went for the dried leaves.

Its a big pleasure brother, i hope that they bring u lots of growing and perhaps breeding joy!

Sure thing man, so the Exodus Cheese cut is a old mom down here by the coast, and definitely verified by the community. Was donated to me as a contribution to my library.

The Weddingcake cut was donated to me as well, i have no info on it except, "Its Weddingcake... or BirthdayCake, same thing really". She is super loud and stoney, not for first time smokers. Lots of gas accompanied by sweetness, almost a rum and raisins Icecream.

The CBD Heavy was also donated to me, info is also vague, except that it might be related to the Otto #2 cut in Colorado. This is true medical weed.

Onto the seeds, the Dankstar Kush is a strain i worked on in the illegal days, they are from 2015 (i hope they pop!). My Afghani and Hindu Kush selection with hints of my Blueberry from their great grandparents.

Plants should be a bit more squat than average hybrids these days, couple of phenotypes, but smoke should be a creamy earthy sweetness, some are very close to a good charas, some lean more to a kind of vanilla kush.

The Strawberry Bubblegum Kush is a hybrid of the Chocolate Kush daddy onto a rare AK 47 Strawberry Bubblegum pheno. I lost the mom unfortunately. 

Should be some Strawberry and hopefully Bubblegum terps coiming out in this cross, u will be sifting these beans before me. Ill hopefully get to pop a couple this season.

The Chocolate Hashberry Kush is a F1 IBL cross from the Chocolate Kush male and a mystery mom from California. I was only given details about the dad in this cross.

So the Chocolate Kush daddy comes from a clone only plant in California called Chocolope Cheese (the mom), she was crossed with a select Moroccan Hashplant male. 

Excpect a boquet of Cali bud, u testing these before me as well, should be good, enjoy em! 

Two packets with 20 beans each are kids from the same daddy.

He is the first stud i featured here 

You sly dog you 😝😜😋😎😉❤️

You make me weak at the knees brah! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, CreX said:

i am very keen to play the game - hows it gonna work?

For a start I would say dudes interested in receiving cuttings should have a veg area.

Then secondly we are not selling any cuttings on the forum, so sender and receiver should figure out courier costs of the gift.

It would be cool if guys that have mother plants, and willing to share clones with group members post on this thread. 

Likewise peeps looking for cuttings can post here and ask what they looking for.

Then i think it would be cool to showcase the received cuts on threads in the main 420SA forum, maybe growdiaries with a tag "forum cuts".

This would be ideal BUT asking for a diary seems like a but too much effort for some owes.

Any ideas? Just jot em down below :-rolled

Edited by Dank
Removed this: Members that share clones should be first in line to receive clones. - pointless :p
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

Ah that takes me out of the game.

Aaaaw, surely not. I'm sure if you got a cutting you could work with it as per usual, but obviously you wouldn't be able to replicate the grow without receiving another cut, and you probably wouldn't have a mother to send cuttings to others. I mean, this is a closed group, I'd like to think we're here cause we lekker and want to play. 

In fact, I'll happily send you a cutting when I establish my mother plant in the next grow. I am planning on mothering a Gorilla Zkittles from Barney's Farm and I will be selecting the mother from 8 seeds. So if you're keen, let me know at the time. 

34 minutes ago, Dank said:

For a start I would say dudes interested in receiving cuttings should have a veg area.

Then secondly we are not selling any cuttings on the forum, so sender and receiver should figure out courier costs of the gift.

It would be cool if guys that have mother plants, and willing to share clones with group members post on this thread. 

Members that share clones should be first in line to receive clones.

Likewise peeps looking for cuttings can post here and ask what they looking for.

Then i think it would be cool to showcase the received cuts on threads in the main 420SA forum, maybe growdiaries with a tag "forum cuts".

This would be ideal BUT asking for a diary seems like a but too much effort for some owes.

Any ideas? Just jot em down below :-rolled

I think this right here is wonderful 👌

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd also gladly add any cuts I have to this. 

I dont keep moms too long. I'm cycling through too many plants, and if I had to keep a cut of each, I'd be spending all day maintaining a veg forest.

Just because a plant isnt a keeper for me in terms of breeding, doesn't mean it's a crappy plant. So I'll have clones randomly as time goes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bakstein420 said:

Ah that takes me out of the game.

I just thought a veg area would be needed to get cuttings to a decent size.

Members without a veg area could arrange cuts in time for a new run.

Sorry about the misunderstanding @Bakstein420 , u are by no means outa the game.

Having mother plants is also not a necessity, just encouraging those who would like to share.

1 hour ago, Ill_Evan said:

Aaaaw, surely not. I'm sure if you got a cutting you could work with it as per usual, but obviously you wouldn't be able to replicate the grow without receiving another cut, and you probably wouldn't have a mother to send cuttings to others. I mean, this is a closed group, I'd like to think we're here cause we lekker and want to play. 

In fact, I'll happily send you a cutting when I establish my mother plant in the next grow. I am planning on mothering a Gorilla Zkittles from Barney's Farm and I will be selecting the mother from 8 seeds. So if you're keen, let me know at the time. 

I think this right here is wonderful 👌

Yeh well said man, not a necessity to have a mother setup to play. 

@1000Hills Nursery aggreed to share out some of the cuts that i sent him, and I think is also happy to share some of his stuff with members.

I'll also do my best to send out cuts when i got some available.

1 hour ago, Totemic said:

I'd also gladly add any cuts I have to this. 

I dont keep moms too long. I'm cycling through too many plants, and if I had to keep a cut of each, I'd be spending all day maintaining a veg forest.

Just because a plant isnt a keeper for me in terms of breeding, doesn't mean it's a crappy plant. So I'll have clones randomly as time goes.

This is awesome bro! Shot, the more guys sharing cuts the better the forum standard will become.

Super stoked, happy grows my owes!

• Like 3

I feel honored that I've received the very 1st cuts in this initiative... 

In continuation I will like to donate a few of my cuts to @Bospatrollie2 and @420sake... I will be personally hand delivering these babies to my 420💚brothers at the upcoming Trinity Farm meet-up :-puffpass... Who can guess the 1 thing we not gonna run short off? :rastabanana

Guys let's free style a bit for now. Share with those close to you and those you connected with. Post the share on this page. We have to start somewhere. 

@Bakstein420 I will gladly donate you a cut. You probably live down the road from me 😉The only obvious condition is the grow diary. This is the reason for all this... To showcase some quality plants that could oneday earn a name and be associated with this forum. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That Exo cheese makes its way to all the gardens in KZN hahaha. Its a friend of a friend who found it. Its even in JHB now too. There are loads of other cuts also popular in KZN among the long time growers - mostly commercial guys who trade. Majority of the old cuts came from two guys. One guy on the south coast had his grow room burn down. Other guy by PMB moved to the berg side and still growing. There is even a Jack Herer cut going around from 2003... 

Other KZN cuts - Da Cheese, DigiBerry (was from me), Grandslam, Jack of Spades (was from me using the 2003 Jack herer) - and newer ones like Dairy Queen. Will be cool if guys here have grown any of those - let me know. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, oldsandals said:

That Exo cheese makes its way to all the gardens in KZN hahaha. Its a friend of a friend who found it. Its even in JHB now too.

I keep meeting ballies in JHB that moved from CPT that claim they have the mythical Exo cheese from the early 2000's. Very interesting. Might be able to call them up and get a cut 🤔 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I tasted the original UK cheese cut from a friend who stays in London and collects all the famous cuttings like pre98 bubba kush, white rhino, livers, etc that floats around top circles in London. That cutting of UK cheese clone makes all the different seed versions of cheese seem dulled down indica garbage. It was Big Buddha seeds who made the first cheese seeds that actually tasted of cheese and not skunk. Then Greenhouse Seed Company put out their version called Exodus Cheese, this is what everyone's growing these days (GHSC marketing budget is huge!). Its not very cheesy compared to the original clone, and much more indica. I got sent the supposed exodus cheese from CPT growers who said they selected it from 15 packs of seeds or something like that. Grew that one in 2017 and was quite strong herb but not so cheesy either, more fuel smells than anything else, and gets powdery mildew BAD, had to let her go. The Exodus cheese thats going around KZN is also a green house seed company one. Similar to the CPT cut I tried but more fragrant and less strong, but a far more healthier plant in general - still not extremely cheesy. 

• Like 3

Warning for sharing cuttings:

They often come with unwanted travelers. Broad mites are the worst possible case because they are invisible for the most part. You will only notice strange stalled growth. Russet mites are also possible but they can be spotted without magnification when they gather in larger numbers and look like white or copper coloured dust. Root aphids are almost impossible to cure but luckily are quite rare in South Africa where the mites mentioned above are a very real threat to any operation. 

When you get a new cutting its best to isolate it away from your other plants for at least 4 weeks. I like to dunk the whole rooted clone in neem oil (not Bioneem, thats too weak) 10ml per litre. And then I spray neem oil once every 5 days after that initial dunk. I use a USB microscope and a jewelers loupe to spot check the plant for any bugs. 

When you manage a lot of plants you must be very sure that you are on top of any issues that can occur

517035620_lesotho2018.thumb.jpg.c4f75fbe92a967aedc005b6189eda3cf.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, oldsandals said:

I tasted the original UK cheese cut from a friend who stays in London and collects all the famous cuttings like pre98 bubba kush, white rhino, livers, etc that floats around top circles in London. That cutting of UK cheese clone makes all the different seed versions of cheese seem dulled down indica garbage. It was Big Buddha seeds who made the first cheese seeds that actually tasted of cheese and not skunk. Then Greenhouse Seed Company put out their version called Exodus Cheese, this is what everyone's growing these days (GHSC marketing budget is huge!). Its not very cheesy compared to the original clone, and much more indica. I got sent the supposed exodus cheese from CPT growers who said they selected it from 15 packs of seeds or something like that. Grew that one in 2017 and was quite strong herb but not so cheesy either, more fuel smells than anything else, and gets powdery mildew BAD, had to let her go. The Exodus cheese thats going around KZN is also a green house seed company one. Similar to the CPT cut I tried but more fragrant and less strong, but a far more healthier plant in general - still not extremely cheesy. 

You just make me salavate bru... 

I know so many people who have not experienced a real cheese strain. 

My cheesiest ever was a gram I bought in the south of Jhb, labeled Blue Cheese

Fuck me... I wake up some nights with a wet bed because of this strain. 

Blue stinky cheese when you pop the bag... So loud you can smell it from outside your car! This... And a blueberry lady that stole my heart, and tasted purer than a mugg & bean blueberry muffin... Completely astonished how real the smells and tastes were. 

This is why I grow weed.... Those 2 strains are the inspiration for me

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, CreX said:

Blue Cheese

Blueberry is an amazing variety on its own. I think blueberry makes some of the tastiest herb that you can find on planet earth and its the main smell from one of my fav plants the digiberry (mother is 1999 dutch passion blueberry, father is backcrossed 2001 blueberry indica x sour bubble). If any of you have not grown a real DJ short blueberry then do yourselves a favor. The cheese is more elusive because it wasn't stabilized like how blueberry is. To have tasted the real cheese is rare and because of that so many knockoffs or failed attempts at making a cheese tasting hybrid were undetected by growers. My friend 'Miraculous Meds' is doing a good job with Mr DJ Shorts guidance and they are releasing some more blueberry stuff soon. These are made with original DJ Short cuttings and Miraculous Meds obtained cuts. The Navy Cross hybrid looks to have taken the best blueberry traits, that look screams flavour. 

477857748_BlueGreasedeets.thumb.jpg.2c447d269a03f0dc2b2c61aa5e903aaf.jpg1388217491_BlueGrease.thumb.jpg.871d480c8998311326b34ed7973e2837.jpg

1832186679_glazedberriesimage.thumb.jpg.4093e7cf6b651f0cdf36a33767d0b712.jpg316604684_glazedberriesback.thumb.jpg.dcab9f2417cbc9962fa0b5458074934f.jpg1979569773_glazedberries.thumb.jpg.767a2b41b3d8af76581b7a8d1a2b89c5.jpg

780310830_NavyCrossdeets.thumb.jpg.33f2791a81935150fc5e141b4ed8d6fb.jpg313970905_NavyCross.thumb.jpg.63c324e55ba6feae1c9fa8fbcf3414e3.jpg

1070891792_PearlyBakerdeets.thumb.jpg.5fb72b6f3f663615c8521fb2cbb5e815.jpg346456544_PearlyBaker.thumb.jpg.00ec7727424cb1565612cdb38811b74f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1