Advice on lights please.

West Coast Vaper

So this pumps out 100w and uses 130w from the plug, is that correct. Only good for veg.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

Correct.

And not really bro, you can flower with it as well - its better at flowering than cfls.

It will veg really well and flower decently.

I would expect around 80g dry bud if flowering using that light by itself in a space about 60cm x 60cm.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Correct. 
And not really bro, you can flower with it as well - its better at flowering than cfls.
It will veg really well and flower decently.

I would expect around 80g dry bud if flowering using that light by itself in a space about 60cm x 60cm.

Hey thanks bud. I've got the QB75 bar in the flower 1m x1m cabinet, eventually I want 3 or 4 of them in there.
This no name light was thinking of veg only in the long term.
Considered putting it with the QB75 but won't I end up with an uneven grow unless I constantly rotate the plants. Which will not be a problem as I won't be using any specific grow training.
I'll be starting @Bay Seeds test grow and wanting to get optimal light in the flower cabinet. I'll be putting 2 in the cabinet.

• Like 1

Hey thanks bud. I've got the QB75 bar in the flower 1m x1m cabinet, eventually I want 3 or 4 of them in there.
This no name light was thinking of veg only in the long term.
Considered putting it with the QB75 but won't I end up with an uneven grow unless I constantly rotate the plants. Which will not be a problem as I won't be using any specific grow training.
I'll be starting @Bay Seeds test grow and wanting to get optimal light in the flower cabinet. I'll be putting 2 in the cabinet.

No problemo

You can put it with the QB75 but yes, you will have to rotate your plants.

You'll find that one side will stretch towards one of the lights more, so you gotta even it out.

Would be worth adding that I did some digging and found some 1W led diodes that look identical to the 3W ones... So it's possible that there are 100 1W diodes there... So it all makes sense again

I'm just putting it down to a 100w. The plants will be moved outside most of the time.
Gives me time to save for the next QB75 one buck at a time.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Bud's, hope you all had a good weekend.
Bit on the lazy side here but any update on the ACDC 50w plus spot lights.
Anyone have current prices as I'm looking at setting up a dedicated area in the garage for veg.
Area will be open as such but mouse proofed ish'ish, no poison. Resident owls have preference on the reservation.
Saying that, so does the mole tearing up my small lawn patch.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Hey all. Got this from a friend and wondering if it's worth while replacing my 200w worth of cfl's with it.
Is there any way of checking the true wattage for idiots without a meter. Without me burning the reservation down please d1f14be886da74989b33be59809a3b64.jpg257a3e2e89d020a18dfdc44ab062ee91.jpg41448b17f4a7e9ba74b1a570b8ed8281.jpg4337b88b14732942bf5c422713402521.jpg

Hey buds. Me and the light again.
What sort of area would this light cover and how many 10l pots would you put under it.
Got gifted another one while I'm saving up for the next QB.

• Like 1

@DamDave that is a bit difficult to say without proper specs. These were 50W or 100W actual output?

So if its 100W each, 200W in total. 1.2 x 0.6 tent should be good for those lights and your coverage and output should be decent.

I was able to fit 6x 20L pots into my 1.2 x 0.6 tent, it was a tight fit though.

• Like 1

@DamDave that is a bit difficult to say without proper specs. These were 50W or 100W actual output?

So if its 100W each, 200W in total. 1.2 x 0.6 tent should be good for those lights and your coverage and output should be decent.
I was able to fit 6x 20L pots into my 1.2 x 0.6 tent, it was a tight fit though.
Thanks @PsyCLown. @TheUltimateNoob did some investigation on what details I could find and came to the same conclusion. 100w ish.
So I should be ok with 4 x 10l pots.

• Like 1

During a Damnit Dave moment I planted to many potted plants way to early outdoors. Seem to be flowering so chancing on finishing under lights.
Yes, No?

You can take them inside and finish them off in flower with some lights or you could take them inside and reveg them with lights and then flip to flower (will take longer though).

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

To be honest I gonna want smoke for Xmas. Leaving plenty in the shade house to do their thing.

Hopefully they've been in flower for a week or two otherwise your smoke may not be ready in time as it needs to mature and dry...a bit of a cure would be nice too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hopefully they've been in flower for a week or two otherwise your smoke may not be ready in time as it needs to mature and dry...a bit of a cure would be nice too.

Yeah. Got 2 plants that are a few weeks into flower in the cabinet at the moment. The extra 2 plants are definitely a few weeks behind.
So my setup is 2 flowering under QB75 and 2 a few weeks behind under the blurple in a 1m x 1m.
Veg area I'm still working on.
All I need now is more of those damn QB's. Save, save, save.

026b953f155cc7ffc4f4e1b79c6fddd3.jpg38f40de9d6ebd67adf3572aad04a37e9.jpg

• Like 1

Hey man! be careful not to smother the seedlings with those domes... i would throw them in the bin honestly... if the seeds have broken surface, you are only doing them an injustice. 
and greatly improving the odds of dampening off.
Advise taken and acted upon. Domes are more for a bit of warmth at night until the seed shows it's head.
But bin it is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DamDave said:

Advise taken and acted upon. Domes are more for a bit of warmth at night until the seed shows it's head.
But bin it is.

i feel a need to mention it to everyone when i see it. 

i lost some amazing genetics because i thought i was doing them a favour by increasing the humidity locally to the little plant by using a dome thing

alas, i lost her, and now she is gone forever.

i dont want that hardship to be experienced by any of my growmies :investigating

• Agree 1

i feel a need to mention it to everyone when i see it. 
i lost some amazing genetics because i thought i was doing them a favour by increasing the humidity locally to the little plant by using a dome thing
alas, i lost her, and now she is gone forever.
i dont want that hardship to be experienced by any of my growmies :investigating
Almost happened with my @Bay Seeds grow. Forgot them outside in the blistering heat with domes on. Fuuuck I said to myself. 5 day old seedlings where bloated and like a dark purple/black colour.
Only use domes for bedtime now until I can build warmer veg area.
Once again thanks for the heads up though. Little bit more learnt.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2020 at 10:25 AM, DamDave said:

Almost happened with my @Bay Seeds grow. Forgot them outside in the blistering heat with domes on. Fuuuck I said to myself. 5 day old seedlings where bloated and like a dark purple/black colour.
Only use domes for bedtime now until I can build warmer veg area.
Once again thanks for the heads up though. Little bit more learnt. emoji109.png

Well with the monster cape winds that hit yesterday/today, i noticed a branch from my alien tarantula broke/split about halfway thru the stalk (Wire tie downs + gale force = broken limb) was gonna tape it back on but was hanging on by a thread + i bought some dynaroot last weekend so hey figured why not clone the guy instead....this is basically the only time i use a dome at all, strictly clones -  dont bother using domes for seedlings for the very reason that domes will cause the temp & humidity to spike in the circa 20 degree + range (typically) - creating the perfect temperature & environment that allows for a variety of bacteria  to thrive which obviously increases the odds of a fuckup potentially occuring.

002.thumb.JPG.bb4c99309ca07ec06b0c946e4fd6581f.JPG

@CreX @PsyCLown @SkunkPharm should probably ask this on my grow diary but since im here already might as well ask ( @DamDave sorry for temporarily hijacking your post)

i spotted a weird odd looking green discoloration on my Alien Tarantula  - can any of you folks spot what this may be , it kinda resembles a "camo" pattern which suggests it may be the beginning of a Phophorus deficiency?

The leaf tip also slightly browing but too early to tell if the bronining tips is from potassium deficiency as opposed to, nute burn or nitrogen Tox - my initial guess was burn but flushing didnt clear it completely - Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated - apart from the discoloration they growing amazingly fast/well

011.thumb.JPG.8f0e6637c6b2aa7af93fb56f4366b5b3.JPG012.thumb.JPG.b471f8309eb7b508bc1ed8e77bf47b98.JPG

Edited by Psylecta
4got pic

• 6 months later...

This is probably a rhetorical question but here goes.

Pic 1 there is the 500mm x 450mm x 2000mm cabinet on the right and those awesome QB75's from Growopz looking after my bonsai mother plants.

I'm thinking 10l pot and a light in the cabinet.

Question is do I put in 1 x QB75 or pic 2 which is a 300w Chinese blurple. 

Will 1 QB75 be enough for a 10l pot as I think the two of them are gonna cause heat problems.

Was thinking of using the blurple as it's got a onboard fan but a QB and 1 fan doubling as a light chiller and downward blowing on the plant should kinda sort out airflow.

Any input here guys? 

IMG_20210509_194743.jpg

20210508_200605.jpg

hey bud

what diodes does that QB run? 

looking at the brand and make up of the blurple I would guess that it's true wattage is also around 75.

so just off the bat, if they both 75w out the wall, you will have better results using the QB, this is IF the diodes are of good quality. 

Samsung got a few nice diodes aswell as Bridgelux, though I would still say Samsung has the better range. 

if you got some good diodes on there the built in fan on the blurp shouldn't even be in concideration when looking at the difference in light.

good diodes will give you more photosynthetically avtive radiation (PAR readings) per square centimeter aswell as better photosynthetic photon flux density (PPFD readings) per square centimeter. 

so within one square centimeter you'll have more micromols hitting your leaves and feeding the plant. 

you should be aiming for 500 to 1000 micromols hitting your leaves for optimal photosynthesis