Advice on lights please.

West Coast Vaper

Well a 400w hps will grow you some decent bud. But if I was you I would buy a 75w led from @growopz. You can always add another later on. And then another and then another and so on.
Thanks bud.
Yeah, I have a Mean Well Nes-100-24 power supply ( not the greatest ) which I was thinking is a savings on the budget. Growopz is checking stock on led bars then hello diy central.
I want to get next set up done as good as possible so you Peep's on the forum are gonna get a whole lot more questions.
Always appreciate people sharing advice. A rare thing now days.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

HPS written on it.. 

When we talk light, HPS is and will stay for a bit the target LEDs try to achieve. Those are the best lamps in my opinion.. they just eat your wallet dry in no time. HPS is for the rock stars of growing, not giving a rats ass about the amount of money they invest. Have guys in Europe reaching 1.5 meter and more on Autos with HPS systems... my LEDs can't do that, No Sir! But I also prefer my autos not as tall.. so zero complains from my side.

• Like 2

@DamDave yo man you can definitely use that HPS bulb for flowering, does it have the ballast?
Im currently using those for my setup in the garage and im happy with the results.
Thanks. Yep it has the ballast. My friend gonna keep and use it.
I've gone the route of getting a starter light that I can add onto later from growopz.
Shout out to all for the help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prom said:

HPS written on it.. 

When we talk light, HPS is and will stay for a bit the target LEDs try to achieve. Those are the best lamps in my opinion.. they just eat your wallet dry in no time. HPS is for the rock stars of growing, not giving a rats ass about the amount of money they invest. Have guys in Europe reaching 1.5 meter and more on Autos with HPS systems... my LEDs can't do that, No Sir! But I also prefer my autos not as tall.. so zero complains from my side.

When I saw this I had to save it for you Prom...

Check this guys Autos 🙈

They still growing 🤣

Screenshot_20200703-202516_Reddit.jpg

• Like 2

HPS written on it.. 
When we talk light, HPS is and will stay for a bit the target LEDs try to achieve. Those are the best lamps in my opinion.. they just eat your wallet dry in no time

I agree... Wallets cry when people think about buying HPS... But I can't argue with you, that's the spectrum everything is aiming for, with just a few tweaks... They aren't far, but the footprint, output and penetration of HPS lamps are just

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey there all. Picked up my light from growopz today. I think you call it a grow bar, anyway 144 LED's half 3000k and half 4000k. Due to my not so great power supply I'll be getting 73w from it as I understood.

What would a good height above plants be and amount of plants under it.
Any other tips and hack's would also be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

I'd love to @GGG. Unfortunately I've used up my Tapatalk photo upload limit for the month. I've gone into the growopz website and what I've got is the QB75.
Pics will follow when possible.
No worries, i think he has a pic on his Instagram of a 75w scrog and it's do able

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DamDave said:

I'd love to @GGG. Unfortunately I've used up my Tapatalk photo upload limit for the month. I've gone into the growopz website and what I've got is the QB75.

Pics will follow when possible.

Same as mine?

I've got the QB75 from @growopzIMG-20200714-WA0023.thumb.jpeg.1c3980c5873147f5779788402f4f70d1.jpeg

I've got 3 autos under there. 

1 of them is 3 weeks older than the other 2. Not sure if that's too much. But I intend on getting another board and adding it to the setup. 

This f@#!king load shedding though!!!

• Like 2

Nice, you might be surprised at the end of the grow.
What distance are your plants from the light, I have found that between 30-40cm works best for me when they past seedling stage

Same as mine?
I've got the QB75 from @growopzIMG-20200714-WA0023.thumb.jpeg.1c3980c5873147f5779788402f4f70d1.jpeg
I've got 3 autos under there. 
1 of them is 3 weeks older than the other 2. Not sure if that's too much. But I intend on getting another board and adding it to the setup. 
This f@#!king load shedding though!!!
Was thinking the same. Add on until I need a better power supply.

2 hours ago, GGG said:

Nice, you might be surprised at the end of the grow.
What distance are your plants from the light, I have found that between 30-40cm works best for me when they past seedling stage

I've got mine at 40cm. So far though, I'm really happy with this light. 

I had a blue dream clone going under a "300watt" no name blurple and I only yielded under 10g. Found some of the diodes weren't working either. Also, I wasn't too clued up on feeds and watering at the time.

Keen to see what my harvest will be like this time around.