Im new

awildmeme

Hey guys 

awildmeme here :) Hope to share some knowledge and grow the dankest of dank.

Based in beautiful Cape Town.

Ended up here being refered from Carbonite's growers thread ( PC forum not the best for discussing home grows ) . Currently doing my 1st grow . Did go balls deep with the tent and all and already busy converting my extra cupboard into a veg/propagation area.

The bug has bitten and I hope to be here for a while with you guys.

• Like 5

Thank you for the warm welcome @Newbie_2020 @CreX @Bakstein420 @SkunkPharm

Here is my grow tent . Its only 80x80x160 since I stay in a second floor flat and space is limited.

I have converted 2 spare storage cupboards into propagation / early veg rooms ( Its easier for me to control the temp in one room early on ) I can keep my cupboard above 20 at all times since its in my room with my PC and a small heater. In my mind this will allow the smaller plants to thrive a bit better. Rest of my flat ( where the tent is ) can go down to 16 on a cold night so its not to bad. I just figured if not why not. 

Once the 3 seedlings are a bit bigger ill move the other CFL light to the other side so the light is a bit more concentrated . ( I know these lights wont grow the plants big ) 

All the plants in my cupboard is bag seeds so they will probably move to the outside balcony area if they are females . Will be adding some herbs outside to lower suspicion to a point.

I am running 2 putins punch seeds in the tent and they are about a 5 days old ( will send some pics later ).

Soil im using coco and perlite as my base ( Added some 2:3:2 all purpose in the groun when mixing just to let it set , should be good for the first 4 weeks or so ? Need to do a bit more reading before the firs 4 weeks regarding nutes . Gonna probably just get the GHP soft water 3 pack . To my noob knowledge it covers all bases.

Using rain water at the moment to water the plants as im waiting on my PH pen. Gonna grab a swimming pool PH tester kit this afternoon just to last me till I get the PH pen.

Overall looking to grow 2 in the tent and 2 - 3 small plants on the stoep 

9ac9f2dc-3f26-4017-997d-b08c09b8a191.jpg

aae85ed4-0ba7-415d-bd78-c6a988705a03.jpg

79d86b8e-f1a7-48da-b3a3-0a8cf7dfce8f.jpg

39455525-bcb0-41dc-b927-a5b514acc35d.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you for the warm welcome @Newbie_2020 @CreX @Bakstein420 @SkunkPharm

Here is my grow tent . Its only 80x80x160 since I stay in a second floor flat and space is limited.

I have converted 2 spare storage cupboards into propagation / early veg rooms ( Its easier for me to control the temp in one room early on ) I can keep my cupboard above 20 at all times since its in my room with my PC and a small heater. In my mind this will allow the smaller plants to thrive a bit better. Rest of my flat ( where the tent is ) can go down to 16 on a cold night so its not to bad. I just figured if not why not. 

Once the 3 seedlings are a bit bigger ill move the other CFL light to the other side so the light is a bit more concentrated . ( I know these lights wont grow the plants big ) 

All the plants in my cupboard is bag seeds so they will probably move to the outside balcony area if they are females . Will be adding some herbs outside to lower suspicion to a point.

I am running 2 putins punch seeds in the tent and they are about a 5 days old ( will send some pics later ).

Soil im using coco and perlite as my base ( Added some 2:3:2 all purpose in the groun when mixing just to let it set , should be good for the first 4 weeks or so ? Need to do a bit more reading before the firs 4 weeks regarding nutes . Gonna probably just get the GHP soft water 3 pack . To my noob knowledge it covers all bases.

Using rain water at the moment to water the plants as im waiting on my PH pen. Gonna grab a swimming pool PH tester kit this afternoon just to last me till I get the PH pen.

Overall looking to grow 2 in the tent and 2 - 3 small plants on the stoep 

9ac9f2dc-3f26-4017-997d-b08c09b8a191.thumb.jpg.d61c148e4edf91ad1ee0d8a2ecc7b6e0.jpg

aae85ed4-0ba7-415d-bd78-c6a988705a03.thumb.jpg.8e7939290821cb4f44ac66b210574b68.jpg

79d86b8e-f1a7-48da-b3a3-0a8cf7dfce8f.thumb.jpg.691c8eff10f8ed3027600458a0609ee4.jpg

39455525-bcb0-41dc-b927-a5b514acc35d.thumb.jpg.a1f3dd98aec90ce52abfa62714f288c7.jpg

Greetings bro, and welcome to the forum.

Hope you enjoy your time here and we convince you to stay. Lol

Okay, so your setup looks good and temps sound okay... Cfls are okay for seedlings and clones... You can pull off veg with a couple more cfl bulbs if you aren't planning on getting a veg light. 

With the addition of the 2:3:2 fert in your soil and the fact that seedlings should be good for the first 2 weeks without nutes... I'd say yeah you're safe for a couple weeks. 

It's just that you won't have a way of knowing how the general purpose affected the pH of the medium... Shouldn't be a train smash though if your water is alright. 

GHE has a pH test kit for like 80bucks and can be found at many gardening stores, and like all grow shops. 

I can help with your GHE feeding schedule. My medium is a mix of coco, Perlite and a bunch of amendments, but I found the feeding schedule that I'll attach is a good starting point to figure out your strength limits and then tweak it to your grow - keep pH in mind here as well once you start using it. 

I use the GHE Flora Tripack (Micro, Gro & Bloom) and nothing else... Works like a charm. 

The amendments in my medium allow it to hold water for a few days which means I don't have to water every day (as you would a normal coco/Perlite mix) so maybe someone else can help you there. 

649723519_FeedingChart.thumb.JPG.6cdef4da309c776d3ce3c31eb039ba31.JPG

Edited by TheUltimateNoob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Damn @TheUltimateNoob thank you so much .
I spoke to a friend of mine that also grows and he uses the GHE as well . Thinking this will be the route I take . Splurged a bit hard this month on everything so payday needs to come for those nutes .
No problem man, it took me a while to find a schedule that works well and is forgiving when experimenting with ppm levels.
Thought it would give you a nice advantage to have the info before you get the nutes - less wastage.

Also watering to 10-15% runoff is sufficient.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@awildmeme

Welcome bro... 

Just a few quick tips. 

That slow release fertilizer is not for cannabis grown in coco. It's going to cause issues down the line.

Seedlings require food alot earlier in coco compared to soil. Once you see the 2nd set of true leaves the plants reserves will be close to being depleted. 

With regards to nutes the floraseries 3 part works well. You will still need to supplement calcium as there is not enough calcium in these nutes to keep the plant and the coco's buffering happy. The only calcium available locally that can serve that purpose correctly is greenhouse feeding company Calcium. It's expensive but should last you a few grows. Everything else will cause issues with too much N. If you on a budget hortimix 3 part can grow decent bud. 

None of this is to confuse you. Research coco and all the properties of it so you better equipped for the feeding.

With regards to ph... GHE ph drops are excellent and very cheap. Don't buy a cheap ph pen, rather just the drops. Set your ph correctly everytime and you will have a happy garden all the time. 

Hope to have been of help... 

• Like 4

If I may add to the already extensive and well written post by @TheUltimateNoob

Like mentioned, Those in soil fertilizers are rubbish and will cause you more hassle than worth.

I also agree more on a pH pen, over the drops as I used the drops 2 grows now and got a decent pH pen, and its day and night, especially with the Biobizz as its discoloration of the water makes it hard to get those .3's or perfectly dialed in.

Trick with a pH pen, that they dont tell you is to have the bulb stand in storage solution, otherwise it dries out and you wasted your money.

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, awildmeme said:

14eac63b-ef43-4f2d-aa44-95b9e4da96f3.thumb.jpg.da193730d530176e6bb71d0aa9978a07.jpg

In future consider starting your seeds in a smaller pot then moving them when they are more established to these bigger pots (assuming your Putins Punch seeds are photoperiod). 

Also fill up your pots more. Only leave like ~2cm at the top from dirt to rim. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Thank you @Ill_Evan . I started my bag seeds in my small pots before I got the putins seeds . Only had the big pots to go with and my excitement got the best of me.

I wanted to keep a bit of extra space to tie the branches down later when I train but I will keep that in mind for the next run thank you 🙂 .

• Like 2