Bat Guano

Any body used bat guano from Hydro Herb Africa? 

First off, the makeup of Bat guano across the world can vary greatly when it come to nutritional info. But finding a supplier here in SA is a long shot anyway. There can be huge benefits from using this product correctly from what iv'e read, but that's only when you know which pieces of the puzzle are missing at any given stage of your plants life. Bats that eat fruit produce the high PK most suited for bloom. on the other hand there is bat poop that is evidently very high in Nitrogen. (this could be detrimental)

Secondly, after I made sure I read the nutritional info correctly, and spend my R250 for 1kg!!!  I go on to correctly read where this description comes from... I'm sure many of you know Alchimia overseas... So obviously a little copy paste never hurt anybody. or did it!

Where does this permanent maker labelled bat guano come from? And is it safe to use in an already highly enriched nitrogen environment, Short of going and get a test done which is obviously out of the question, how else could I find out if this Bat guano is the one for me?

I did call ... Was referred to a guys who could supposedly help but he stopped me abruptly and said, wait that's too technical...? TECHNICAL? 🙄

Am I through to Hydro herb Africa?  Hello? 😂

waiting to hear back, but doubt I will be convinced, might just throw it in the garden ffs.image.thumb.png.5b47045fce9c0559a205285308506644.png

Edited by ORGANinc.

Sadly the type of guano we need is for the flowering phase and not the growth phase.

It is a rare item, and why I found work arounds in my soils, by adding K humates to cover the K, while the other ingredients also add K, and rely on the michorizzal fungi and rock phosphate for P. That's besides the P from bone meal, and the other fertilizers.

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 2

After a short call with Hydro Herb Africa, they apologized for the incorrect marketing of the product which they will be changing soon, and will be exchanging my High N guano  for High Pk bloom bat guano.  Yes the guys said they will be getting stock of it this Friday, he plain out apologized and admitted the product had high levels of Nitrogen.

Good man, very excited to add this to the mix. 

• Like 1