GROW CAB DESIGN - BUILD

Toby

I am posting here following up on the original design from this post

Ok so let start. Apologies for the poor quality pictures.

My Grow Cab build 2.0

I thought Ill share my experience in building a grow cabinet using a build-in closet.

I used a storage closet in my studio and decided I’ll convert it into a grow cab, nice and discrete.

I started by stripping down the cab to see what I have.

GC1S_zpswru7hxvu.jpg

I took my measurements and did my calculations.

Ventilation was the first part. I made a template for my exhaust hole. There is another box on top that is attached to the ceiling. Using a jig saw I cut a hole through both compartments.

GC2S_zps5adg42rk.jpg

I used fridge ventilation louvres X 4  R4 each with filters as passive intakes. Took my measurements and calculated the required passive intake for the extraction fan capacity to ensure negative pressure.

GC3S_zpsaqhe8hug.jpg

Cleaned up the box with bleach water, applied some damp seal and painted it flat white. Sealed up the cab with duct tape to ensure no air - & light leaks.

GC4S_zpspkv39gcr.jpg

So it was monkey time, time to climb into the ceiling for the extraction. No noise in the house. You will hear a slight hum from the cab. I can change the air 5.5 times a minute with this 6”/15cm fan.

GC5S_zpsv6odat7o.jpgGC6S_zpsynlg4kfe.jpgGC7S_zpsul1mkmvm.jpg

Apply some sisalation to the cab for reflective purposes. R90 for 5 metres.

GC8S_zpsinvvlxhk.jpgGC9S_zpszigqt3xq.jpg

Time to build the scrog box that fits in my cab. Im using some left over material from my last build. Once again did my calculations and drew a plan.

GC10S_zps2nzpacw8.jpgGC11S_zpsioyxhdwc.jpgGC12S_zps7qzubsp4.jpg

Attached caster wheels, applied damp seal, primer and flat white paint for protection. I also apply some black enamel for added protection. I cut diamond grid to size and applied some rust sealant and black enamel. Measured up and drilled the required holes for my scrog net. 50mm/2” squares. Inserted a metal diamond grid floor, applied rust proof and black enamel.

GC13S_zps4wuhj76z.jpgGC14S_zpsa8xnc49m.jpgGC15S_zpszxooqwbm.jpg

I put everything together, inserted in the cab and did all the wiring.

I kept the HID for my veg cab and used the LED for this cab. Ave temp 23 degrees and 55RH. Plants seem to be responding well to their new home.

GC16S_zps4kl7qowp.jpgGC17S_zps12f5udzu.jpg

I must admit this build was much easier than the previous one. Took me 3 days to complete.

Very happy with the final result.

Let me know if you guys feel where I can improve? :-gthumb

Yoh Toby...that is pimpin' indeed! You could make money selling these to lazy people like me lol I definitely wouldn't mind throwing my salary at 1 like this :-gthumb

LOL, wallis55 - I am not a handyman, I sit whole day in an office.

Ill help where I can but dont smaak that las of manual labour :-hilarious

Guest Maxwell

Egeez bru you got time! :-clap :-hilarious Very neat! See if you cant mount the fan closer. Less ducting between the exhaust and cab.

• 2 weeks later...