LED advice

They get very hot! I ordered a few from Ali A last year in an attempt to build a light I got the 3000k (if you in Cape Town you can have them)

You would need a beefy heatsink to keep it cool and a fan.

I did a test with those on a pc heatsink and fan, within 5-10mins of it on the heatsink was at 90 degrees.

In my honest opinion I wouldn't get those lights, rather go for a 100-150w Flood light from ACDC (cost R250 - R350) and save up for something decent. 

I wish I never spent money on cheap lights, I could of probably afford a decent light with the amount I spent on cheapies.

13 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

They get very hot! I ordered a few from Ali A last year in an attempt to build a light I got the 3000k (if you in Cape Town you can have them)

You would need a beefy heatsink to keep it cool and a fan.

I did a test with those on a pc heatsink and fan, within 5-10mins of it on the heatsink was at 90 degrees.

In my honest opinion I wouldn't get those lights, rather go for a 100-150w Flood light from ACDC (cost R250 - R350) and save up for something decent. 

I wish I never spent money on cheap lights, I could of probably afford a decent light with the amount I spent on cheapies.

Thanks for the heads up. I have a 1m x 1m x 1.5m cabinet using cfl's ( you know, budget 1st grow ). Obviously my next step is to upgrade lights. What extras would I need if I use the flood light.

For the flood light I am using(100w) I just have a fan blowing over it to keep cool.

I know that feeling of your 1st budget grow, everything is overwhelming with all the info.

I have 3x50W of those LED AC cobs that you can build a light if you want and have some material laying around.

For the flood light I am using(100w) I just have a fan blowing over it to keep cool.
I know that feeling of your 1st budget grow, everything is overwhelming with all the info.
I have 3x50W of those LED AC cobs that you can build a light if you want and have some material laying around.
I've considered the diy light method but I'll probably burn the house down.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

I would recommend buying strips from Digikey if you want to DIY.
Hey bud. You guys on the forum are super helpful so thanks for that.
Are you talking about those flexible ones. I have been looking at them but not sure which one, as once again too many options for someone who does not know what he's looking for.
Can I run them from this?eebe1b64a9813bead4ba9d0a238fbf0c.jpg

26 minutes ago, DamDave said:

Hey bud. You guys on the forum are super helpful so thanks for that.
Are you talking about those flexible ones. I have been looking at them but not sure which one, as once again too many options for someone who does not know what he's looking for.
Can I run them from this?eebe1b64a9813bead4ba9d0a238fbf0c.jpg

They sell rigid strips in various lengths with a range of diodes to choose from. 

Morning Bud's. I'm heading out of the farmlands to Cape Town today and a Greensindoor quantum board 400w is up for sale.
Will I be wasting a grand buying this as I really want to upgrade from cfl's. I was gonna diy for about the same price.
Please help, getting really confused with so many options.

Morning Bud's. I'm heading out of the farmlands to Cape Town today and a Greensindoor quantum board 400w is up for sale.
Will I be wasting a grand buying this as I really want to upgrade from cfl's. I was gonna diy for about the same price.
Please help, getting really confused with so many options.

400w of qb for a grand?... Post a link so we can see what's up, that's too cheap. Lol

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, DamDave said:

Pics added5c83e0898e28f2b8aa5b607ba3484ade.jpgf23f9647fd14409e6e08c6d827d550ad.jpg

You've asked in two places about this lamp. Please try keeping it on one thread. 

https://www.420sa.co.za/topic/3973-curly-brown-edges-on-leaves/page/2/

I'll post again the information on the lamp for sake of ease. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000778042225.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.singleImageText_75985406.0

496993680_GreensIndoorLED.JPG.aef72544c636cdb67ede2c713cee376d.JPG

7 hours ago, DamDave said:

I'm heading out of the farmlands to Cape Town today and a Greensindoor quantum board 400w is up for sale.

It's a 130W QB using generic SMD LED chips. Definitely not 400W. Better than CFL. 

For a grand it's better than most CFL setups. 

@DamDave

Bro. U are 50 prcent there basically to a decent light.

I urge u to hold out and save the other 50 percent for a proper light. 

From all my readings and chats with the guys. The light needs to be off the top shelf.

I wish i was 50 percent there like u. 

@CreX @Ill_Evan @Master_G @StickyD420 @Prom

just enlighten our brobeans here

• Like 1