Dagga activist Julian Stobbs fatally shot in armed robbery - DispatchLive

420SA

Reading this headline is hard enough.  I honestly cannot believe it...

We couldn't have had a better person leading the fight for cannabis freedom in our country.... his departure leaves an immediate void that only he could fill. No one else was/has been willing to go as far as him and Myrtle have gone to ensure that we achieve the rights that we cannabis users deserve. It's because of him and Myrtle that we enjoy the rights that we now currently have, and they still continued to fight for more ...

Jules we are forever indebted to the work you have done for us. YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN. RIP good man!

https://www.dispatchlive.co.za/news/2020-07-03-dagga-activist-julian-stobbs-fatally-shot-in-armed-robbery/

As for this country... I lose faith day by day...

• Like 2
  • Sad 14

What about this being a hit? 

It's one thing to jack all their shit... But it's another thing to pull the trigger and end a life. 

And to go back after the looting to do the shooting... 

Sounds pretty hairy to me

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I am rather curious as to why they went back and killed him.

Was this just an aggressive robbery, or was he targeted specifically? Did someone want him gone?

Something we may never find out.

RIP Jules.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The statement from Fields of Green For all says:

"During the early morning hours of Friday, 3 July 2020, an armed robbery took place at the property of Jules Stobbs and Myrtle Clarke, best known as The Dagga Couple. The attackers entered the couple’s bedroom and shot and fatally wounded Jules Stobbs. Myrtle was physically left unharmed and the attackers made off with two cellphones and two laptops."

So we'll have to wait and see what the true story was. According to a security guard, when they returned there was a struggle in which he landed up being shot multiple times. The guard speculated they may have returned for Myrtle but its all speculation and time will reveal the truth regarding that

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 7/3/2020 at 4:42 PM, StickyD420 said:

What can we do as a forum / club to assist with the 42k signatures/votes?

A little late but you can help with the campaign  #CanCannabisHelpSA. Its been running for several weeks already, sign the petition, that will be closed soon and all the signatures collected will help. 

A great man lost but not forgotten.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And what a tribute the show was, tears in my eyes watching that great man. Hotbox is a fantastic team. The show will go on.

And to the 420SA community, thank you for the smile. Just keep signing petitions, sharing, speaking, it helps all of us. And like Jules envisioned for cannabis in SA, fields of green for all.

• Like 4