Budbuddies

• 8 months later...

I've never heard of this salesman before. In fact, I have been growing marijuana for a long time, and I know many sellers. One of my favorite sellers of marijuana seeds is Seedsman. Many people know this store, it is considered one of the best legal seed stores in the world. Now on sfweekly.com, the Seedsman discount coupon code you can use when buying and getting a discount. I thus received a significant discount when purchasing seeds.
By the way, my garden is quite large. Sometimes I even sell marijuana to friends. Of course, first of all, I grow it for myself.

Edited by AnnaBerry
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought from Budbuddies on their 420 sale , got 2 packs of seeds one pack said get 2 fem seeds free. Recieved my parcel with only the 2 packs contacted them via Facebook on friday I got a unexpected parcel... 3 fem green crack seeds , lighter and some rolling papers. 

Edited by Deano86
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I struggle to grasp the idea that Seedbanks would refund you for seed that didn't germinate. Why should they? Their side of the deal was complete when you received your order nicely packaged and in good time. The germination process is completely out of their control, how can they be responsible?  The cannabis industry is the ONLY instance I've come across where people expect refunds for seeds that didn't germinate under their own conditions. There is no way to look at a healthy potentially viable seed to determine it isn't going to germinate.

Seedbank: I'm sending this potential failure to Hardcoregrowerman011 just to fuck with him. Ya, I'll show him. 

I've said it before on this forum, buying seed is a gamble you take. Suppliers cannot guarantee the outcomes, in fact nothing is guaranteed. The way to get the exact same outcome is to use clones. 

The CPA... Lol! you are joking, right? 

• Agree 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Adansonia digitata said:

I struggle to grasp the idea that Seedbanks would refund you for seed that didn't germinate. Why should they? Their side of the deal was complete when you received your order nicely packaged and in good time. The germination process is completely out of their control, how can they be responsible?  The cannabis industry is the ONLY instance I've come across where people expect refunds for seeds that didn't germinate under their own conditions. There is no way to look at a healthy potentially viable seed to determine it isn't going to germinate.

Seedbank: I'm sending this potential failure to Hardcoregrowerman011 just to fuck with him. Ya, I'll show him. 

I've said it before on this forum, buying seed is a gamble you take. Suppliers cannot guarantee the outcomes, in fact nothing is guaranteed. The way to get the exact same outcome is to use clones. 

giphy.gif.36f3b341cadfd26f94ecde81a5506ccf.gif

• Haha 3

On 4/9/2021 at 10:52 PM, AnnaBerry said:

I've never heard of this salesman before. In fact, I have been growing marijuana for a long time, and I know many sellers. One of my favorite sellers of marijuana seeds is Seedsman. Many people know this store, it is considered one of the best legal seed stores in the world. Now on sfweekly.com, the Seedsman discount coupon code you can use when buying and getting a discount. I thus received a significant discount when purchasing seeds.
By the way, my garden is quite large. Sometimes I even sell marijuana to friends. Of course, first of all, I grow it for myself.

Just remember that it is not legal to sell any of what you have grown... you may gift friends up to 100g at a time. but no selling. if you must sell... do so in secret so that you dont get caught

friendly neighborhood spidey

On 4/9/2021 at 10:52 PM, AnnaBerry said:

Try Totemic... Heard great things...😂 Good value for money and it's local fire..🔥 Why wonder if you got the real deal if it's right here under your nose..... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Adansonia digitata said:

I struggle to grasp the idea that Seedbanks would refund you for seed that didn't germinate. Why should they? Their side of the deal was complete when you received your order nicely packaged and in good time. The germination process is completely out of their control, how can they be responsible?  The cannabis industry is the ONLY instance I've come across where people expect refunds for seeds that didn't germinate under their own conditions. There is no way to look at a healthy potentially viable seed to determine it isn't going t

Although germination is out of their control, seedbanks should assume the risk of defective goods as they also the ones who accept seeds on behalf of breeders and sell them as viable seeds. Whilst this would seem unfair to the seedbank, the seedbank itself should have a claim against the breeders for defective seeds and hold them accountable for defective goods.

A reason (in my opinion) why Cannabis seeds is ONLY industry where consumers expect refunds for seeds that do not germinate is probably due to the expense of the seeds itself. Also, A normal pack of seeds of other plants don’t usually get sold in small quantities of 3-5packs so one or two seeds not germinating is not usually a loss. 

With that being said, you are right that it is a gamble and agree that you accept the risk of seeds not germinating and take it as it happens, however, when germination rate is 75% or lower, (on the face of it)indicates poor quality. Most seedbanks have disclaimers which require you to follow a trusted method of germination and produce proof of non-negligence on your side which can minimise fraud on side of the consumer. 

If breeders cannot guarantee 85-90% germination rate then they should at least provision for that by providing additional seeds or in the form of freebies. We charged per seed in the cannabis industry so breeders receiving income for what turns out to be defective goods is an injustice to the consumer and has a responsibility to make it right. Unfortunately they cannot tell before hand what is defective or not but at the same time they ASSUME quality of their seeds which later turns out to be defective. 

There’s creative ways in which seedbanks can operate that satisfies consumers whilst still not operating at loses of having to refund through creation of consumer accounts where discounts can be applied, freebies can be given to provision for defective seeds.

More also needs to be done on the part of breeders who assume quality. Fastbuds is a great example of a breeder that have their ducks in a row. They have serial numbers on every pack that can identify batches of seeds so when a consumer claims defective product, they can actually check and see how the batch germination rate is at which can aid seedbanks when determining negligence on the part of the consumer. 

On 5/26/2021 at 5:49 AM, Adansonia digitata said:

It doesnt matter whether or not they can control it, the CPA states that any goods that dont work are valid for return, I expect that to especially be so if I am paying a few hundred rand a seed. Its a flaw in their own business model if they have issues with it, the consumer has a right to purchase a working product, voets toets does not apply. 

5 hours ago, jordz2203 said:

It doesnt matter whether or not they can control it, the CPA states that any goods that dont work are valid for return, I expect that to especially be so if I am paying a few hundred rand a seed. Its a flaw in their own business model if they have issues with it, the consumer has a right to purchase a working product, voets toets does not apply. 

428_53256.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, jordz2203 said:

It's actually a valid question the more I think about it, especially when things in the cannabis industry become much more legitimised and regulated. Does the CPA cover seeds? 

Traditionally the onus is on the grower to make sure they germinate their seeds properly and to spend their cash on breeders/seedbanks that are reliable. Usually just following this step will not only get you quality beans but in the event that you are disappointed with the germination rate, you'd probably be sorted out by the breeder/seedbank anyways. 

Food and therefore "seeds" in the general sense are in fact covered right now by the CPA. You buy raw chicken from KFC, you get a refund. That isn't really disputed. If you buy cannabis seeds and non of them germinate, do you have a claim? If reading the CPA objectively, it seems like it, but I can only imagine the can of worms that would be opened if that claim worked out. Are the CPA going to chase a seedbank over a couple hundred rands worth of seeds? Probably not. This is why most businesses in this instance either just give the refund or a replacement item because the social media frenzy would be worse than whatever pitiful fine the CPA could come up with.

Point is, the cannabis industry is still in it's infancy in South Africa and making expectations that the CPA covers cannabis seeds is a stretch. Just buy more seeds from another trusted dude and if you're really sour over a few hundred bucks then my bruh you've got other issues I think you gotta deal with first, this isn't exactly a cheap hobby. 

• Like 1

Snap I just remembered something important, I'm pretty sure most seedbanks sell seeds as souvenirs in South Africa and actually state that it is not their intention to sell seeds for the purposes of germination. They do this to get out of whatever grey area they might find themselves in (like if someone tries to send CPA after them for "faulty" seeds). 

So ja that's totally out the window then. CPA does not apply. 

• Like 1

With the legal changes happening world wide one after the other, the seed market is going to completely change over the next few years, and if breeders aren't adapting or scaling to meet ever increasing demand for affordable quality seed, then they may not be around for long. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

also, I know my own level of ability. 

If I buy 10 seeds and only 1 germinate I will have a problem with the supplier, not that I would wana have them replace my seeds, it would just be a while for me to support them again.

usually just takes some convincing through seeing others' experience with the bank

if there is no convincing and everyone had a shit experience, support for the bank will naturally go down. 

if my situation was isolated and everyone got good germ rates, I will place fault on myself.

the gamble of life. 

same situation when you stand face to face with the breeder and he hands you the seeds in original pack and gives you his word that they're viable. 

ultimately you still have 50/50 if it's gona pop or not

depending on the legitimacy of the breeder it will determine his success

aswell with myself and the seeds I've gotten.

you even play this gamble buying seeds in a shop, which is possible here in western cape. 

Belville Stodels sell cannabis seeds. a commercial nursery. aswell as Paarl and Stellenbosch Natures Farmacy private clubs. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Know this is an old thread, but my 2c on bud buddies. I tried them a couple weeks back. Haven't popped any beans yet. 

But received all genetics in sealed breeders packs. They did make a mistake on my order, the Dinachem was meant to come with 1 free bean and which wasn't included. 

Contacted them via their site + email, and they replied, apologized and couriered me a 3 pack of Kera Seeds. 

So pre-popping, no complaints and happy with their customer service. 

23_8_21.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...