Budbuddies

Hi all,

Was looking at budbuddies.co.za and was wondering if anyone knows about them or has used them in the past?

They seem to stock a few of the big popular breeder seeds as well as doing special orders for overseas purchases from many more breeder/seedbanks.

Adios amigos

• Like 1

I guess anyone can be a seedbank these days. Seem to see more an more popping up.

Maybe someone else has used the site you're talking about, but I've never seen it before, so I can't vouch for its authenticity. 

Here's something one of my mates (not gonna mention a name) said to a bunch of us.

IMG_20200702_094344.thumb.jpg.f360a321ac27c8aeafe66cd51483501e.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1

Gave budbuddies.co.za a once over, they very new. Facebook page isn't even setup. Guys looks young.

They would probably honour your order. The bar is set so low now for local seedbanks.

I myself would go buy through GSR, Biltong and Buds, Overgrow or Marijuanaseeds, depending on what strain I'm out to get. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Gave budbuddies.co.za a once over, they very new. Facebook page isn't even setup. Guys looks young.

They would probably honour your order. The bar is set so low now for local seedbanks.

I myself would go buy through GSR, Biltong and Buds, Overgrow or Marijuanaseeds, depending on what strain I'm out to get. 

Yeah, I usually go for the sealed breeder packs for now. Have done alot from Biltong and Budz but it's nice to have more choices in case my usual store doesnt have stock of what I want. as long as they not dodgy and honour the purchase and that they also store their seeds in the proper way ( no way to tell tho I guess).

Why is the bar so low in Za seedbanks? Not honouring purchases or selling you something that they claim to be what you are after but it didnt seem that way? I guess I could browse these forums to educate myself and not be such a lazy stoner.

Ps. Was looking to try some of Elev8's genetics. Apparently they acquired some of the original cuts like GSC Thin Mints and Gelato#33. Getting the original cuts is good but do they know how to breed and produce seeds that are stable is the question. Anyone try their stuff?

5 hours ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

Maybe someone else has used the site you're talking about, but I've never seen it before, so I can't vouch for its authenticity. 

Here's something one of my mates (not gonna mention a name) said to a bunch of us.

I can imagine there many dubious banks out there. Completely knocking off others work. I suppose imitation IS the highest form of flattery but still I have nightmares about all this weak crap slowly polluting the cannabis gene pool.

I've noticed that some of the seedbanks do mention that they outsource to different breeders.  So I have no issue with that, as long as its good.

• Like 1

Unfortunately you get corruption everywhere there’s money to be made. Dinafem is my absolute favourite as everything I grew from them turned out to be how it was described on their website. Surely I would rather support a small farmer than a faceless big company, but then again I need to be sure to get the same quality. 

• Like 2

Small farmer boutique style FTW!!  Would always support grassroots outfits over hypermarket if I could.

25 minutes ago, Fridgedoor said:

Unfortunately you get corruption everywhere there’s money to be made. Dinafem is my absolute favourite as everything I grew from them turned out to be how it was described on their website. Surely I would rather support a small farmer than a faceless big company, but then again I need to be sure to get the same quality. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@swazired yo man.

I am also new to the forum and bought some great breeder packaged seeds from Biltong and Budz. It included Dr Kripling, Royal Queen Seeds, Ripper seeds, seedsman and Dutch Passion. All neatly packed and shipped on time during lockdown. 

On the other hand as I've read through the forum the one guy you might want to chat with for locally bread strains is @Totemic

His knowledge is diverse and he might have something your interested in. 

Happy strain hunting

✌️

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, John Stonedwell said:

@swazired yo man.

I am also new to the forum and bought some great breeder packaged seeds from Biltong and Budz. It included Dr Kripling, Royal Queen Seeds, Ripper seeds, seedsman and Dutch Passion. All neatly packed and shipped on time during lockdown. 

On the other hand as I've read through the forum the one guy you might want to chat with for locally bread strains is @Totemic

His knowledge is diverse and he might have something your interested in. 

Happy strain hunting

✌️

Awe...

BB were pretty solid the couple of times I shopped there. Paid with BTC from my own little sovereign bank 🙂.

Ill be sure to read some @Totemic here at 420SA.

13 hours ago, swazired said:

Hi all,

Was looking at budbuddies.co.za and was wondering if anyone knows about them or has used them in the past?

Grower on the cannabist area said he had bought from him, and was local and collected it in person. Not sure if he has had time to grow it and if I can find that post, will link you to it.

At least legit in that there was a successful transaction.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Dr. Green said:

Bit late but i got my order from budbuddies.co.za no problem i also received 2 free seeds the only bank in sa to give me freebies so far. 

Sweet brother, let's see the goodies please...

I order from www.marijuanaseeds.co.za and get 5 free seeds and 2 packs skins / blades. So felt that was good and worth it. 

Thanks for the update and hope to see the goodies 😉

On 7/2/2020 at 9:46 AM, TheUltimateNoob said:

You friend breed the critical+ and resells them over Dinafem?

Or did i misunderstood something?

• Like 1