GH flora trio with coco

Wassup guys

I have the General hydroponics flora trio and am aware you need to supplement with a calmag when growing in coco coir , does anyone have any experience using the calmag supplement on hydroponics.co.za ? If so is it fine adding the dosage recommended of calmag alongside the feeding schedule as suggested on GH flora for coco. I will be using RO water and feeding once a day.

thank for any advice in advance 

• 9 months later...

I realise this is an old post but it might be read in future. The GHE Micro comes in hard and soft water variants. The soft water option has much more Calcium in it than the soft water and your nute mix ought not to need more as a result. Only add Calcium if there is a deficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 7:37 PM, Dookie69 said:

I realise this is an old post but it might be read in future. The GHE Micro comes in hard and soft water variants. The soft water option has much more Calcium in it than the soft water and your nute mix ought not to need more as a result. Only add Calcium if there is a deficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean soft water has more calcium than the hard water version? 🙂 

Yes, hard water typically has more dissolved calcium in it.

I've always used the soft water GHE nutes. All three come in a soft or hard version, not sure whether the others have any differences though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Umya Cal - mag works well, I have a buddy on international forums that made his own Cal - mag and he's stuff looks really good, the plants I mean the product it self looks very diy. I have not tried it myself. Here's the recipe, you might need to convert it, but for the sakes of sharing here it is 

20210425_093710.jpg

20210425_093646.jpg

20210425_093533.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...