Coco - organic or synthetic nutrients

Honestly gents@StickyD420@Ill_Evan

I don't do this airing the water thing.

I tried it a few times but never learnt what it did well

I'm not sure if it has any effect on my trees or not. Please enlighten me.

I just fill up my 10L plastic container with the tap blasted, and start mixing nutes within like 15 minutes

Gets mixed well, but no air stone or airing out the water before or anything.

Not sure if I'm doing damage here as I haven't experienced much. Help?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nah the chlorine wont harm the plant, in fact seen something somewhere about it liking it in small amounts. 
The issue is if you like the Microbes and you water with chlorine, it harms them faster than if just airing it a day or 2.
Aah, okay safe . Thank you

I'm 200% with you brother,
So glad there are no purists, who might argue that those 65 parts, are parts you dont know
Oh and while you are here, was chilling earlier dying of laughter, when it fell on me, KLS from our High-Jack thread last, must either have been thinking, hectic bae is blowing up my phone, or if bae was there, he must have questioned who's this now 

Yoh okes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My tap water has a ppm of 79 and I use the soft water ghe. No issues at all.

I also don't care much for letting my water sit or specifically airing it before I use it - I gets throw into my res, nutes mixed and that's that.
Connected to the automatic watering system.

There are airstones inside the res though to help move the water around a bit etc.
The plants get fed with that water basically straight away.

I personally wouldn't bother with organic nutes in the Formula 1 mixture. I'd also prefer plain coco over the F1 mix.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Newbie_2020 said:

@PsyCLown Does automatic watering system work well , is it recommended?

Hey brother, 

I think he grows Hydroponics and that is why he makes reference to the Res, that is where they have the water, and pump it around to the tubs or bucket. 

Auto watering is cool, you can hook it up to a timer and even get fancy and add a water content sensor of sorts, that when it finds the soil dry enough, it waters.

They are great and my next step in the journey. 

Edited by StickyD420
  • Thanks 1

@PsyCLown Does automatic watering system work well , is it recommended?

Have a look at Blumat systems and Autopots. Those are pretty much the bog standard auto watering systems being used these days. 

I believe @PsyCLown makes use of the Blumat tropf system and I'm sure he will vouch for it. 

31 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Auto watering is cool, you can hook it up to a timer and even get fancy and add a water content sensor of sorts, that when it finds the soil dry enough, it waters.

That would be the Blumat system with the carrot sensors 😜

• Thanks 2

I just built an auto watering system for my grow.

Not entirely auto, still have to mix nutes and connect the pipes, but once that's done I just open a tap and it will empty the container into the soil... Provided I leave the container higher than the pot its watering.

Also have one of those 5L plastic bottles that you can pump up to spray out the contents with pressure. Managed to modify it so I can connect the piping - this way the bottle doesn't need to be higher than the pot because the pressure pushes the water up the pipes anyway.

Made it with some 5mm pvc tubing, a few dippers and valves, and some hot glue (for the container that's not pressurised).

The 5L bottle simply involves unscrewing the main pipe and replacing some parts.

Anyone want me to create a thread on how to do it?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

I just built an auto watering system for my grow.

Not entirely auto, still have to mix nutes and connect the pipes, but once that's done I just open a tap and it will empty the container into the soil... Provided I leave the container higher than the pot its watering.

Also have one of those 5L plastic bottles that you can pump up to spray out the contents with pressure. Managed to modify it so I can connect the piping - this way the bottle doesn't need to be higher than the pot because the pressure pushes the water up the pipes anyway.

Made it with some 5mm pvc tubing, a few dippers and valves, and some hot glue (for the container that's not pressurised).

The 5L bottle simply involves unscrewing the main pipe and replacing some parts.

Anyone want me to create a thread on how to do it?

Yes please, love those type of threads. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, TheUltimateNoob said:

For sure emoji1303.png... Will try to make a video as well if possible.
I'll also have a parts list and pricing for you guys.

Jissy, my man🙌

Was about to say to the previous comment, 

Pictures or it never happened???

And then joke and say a video log /report...

Then you absolutely went and killed it and owned the hell out of this thread with this comment 😎🤜🤛

• Like 3

@Newbie_2020 I love my automatic watering system, watering by hand is such a ball ache and takes time - something I am often limited with.

I looked at making my own DIY dripper system, however I found it a bit iffy as depending on what parts you get it tends to leak or you need a big pump and high pressure for the pressure regulated valves and dialing it in to ensure each plant gets an equal amount of feed etc. can be a bit challenging and the cost increases etc. etc.

So then I stumbled upon the Blumat system, with their carrots. The Tropf is their dripper system, works really well. Easy to setup and dial in (takes a few minutes to calibrate it really) and then you just keep refilling the res with your nute mix. The plants get water only when needed (when the medium dries up) and all is good in the world 😄 

• Like 5

@PsyCLown Thanks, As a newbie still getting the hang of it and having

already over watering my girl maybe its a good option and one less thing to worry about. I`m waiting to see what @TheUltimateNoob can show us to see what will work best. 

The Blumat system is not that expensive if you take in consideration that you girls will grow perfectly so definitely worth the investment or follow a DIY route.

Edited by Newbie_2020
  • Like 1

@PsyCLown Thanks, As a newbie still getting the hand of it and having

already over watering my girl maybe its a good option and one less thing to worry about. I`m waiting to see what @TheUltimateNoob can show us to see what will work best. 

The Blumat system is not that expensive if you take in consideration that you girls will grow perfectly so definitely worth the investment or follow a DIY route.

Howzit bro. How many plants u planning on growing at a time?