Uploading photo.

Don't know if I'm doff or what but I am not able to upload photo's to my profile or classifieds.
Any help please.
Are you uploading from your phone or pc?
Via 420sa website or using a platform like Tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Perhaps @420SA can check your permissions and make sure nothing is odd there.

As for why you get an error on Tapatalk, that doesn't make sense. Works great for me and many others. I assume you're on thr latest version etc?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Perhaps @420SA can check your permissions and make sure nothing is odd there.

As for why you get an error on Tapatalk, that doesn't make sense. Works great for me and many others. I assume you're on thr latest version etc?

Will do. As for Tapatalk I downloaded the free 1.

I use Tapatalk only for quick browsing and even then it is problematic- freezes and stops but that is Tapatalk itself. Uploading pics is even worse, resorted to going via the website.

• Like 1

I use Tapatalk only for quick browsing and even then it is problematic- freezes and stops but that is Tapatalk itself. Uploading pics is even worse, resorted to going via the website.

That's quite odd, I've been using it for years on various phones (I generally avoid the popular brands we get in SA and prefer the Chinese phones) and have never had that issue.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DamDave said:

Don't know if I'm doff or what but I am not able to upload photo's to my profile or classifieds.

Any help please.

Hi DamDave

Unfortunately the classifieds are not available on Tapatalk anymore. The Classifieds board you have been trying to post to is being phased out and is not taking any further submissions. That is the most likely cause for the failed upload.

We now have a dedicated Classifieds area HERE but you will need to access it on your phone's browser and not Tapatalk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 420SA said:

Hi DamDave

Unfortunately the classifieds are not available on Tapatalk anymore. The Classifieds board you have been trying to post to is being phased out and is not taking any further submissions. That is the most likely cause for the failed upload.

We now have a dedicated Classifieds area HERE but you will need to access it on your phone's browser and not Tapatalk. 

Thanks for the reply.

I have been trying to post here but when I have to submit photo when I click to upload nothing happens. Doing my head in bud, will keep trying. Probably missing something simple.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.
I have been trying to post here but when I have to submit photo when I click to upload nothing happens. Doing my head in bud, will keep trying. Probably missing something simple.
Which browser are you using for interest sake?

That's quite odd, I've been using it for years on various phones (I generally avoid the popular brands we get in SA and prefer the Chinese phones) and have never had that issue.

I use Tapatalk for a number of other forums incl 420SA - convenient to have them together, but have problems across the board. Browsing through threads and it stops...get a msg ''Tapatalk has stopped''
Replying with text is ok'ish but uploading anything is a problem. Did the restart and reload of the app to no avail.
Could be handset related, but same ploblems on the S5 and A5.
So I'm living with it for now, frustrating...but not the end of the world.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StickyD420 said:

So @DamDave as I understand it, you not able to upload on the phone and through the internet on your computer?

You have fully working Tapa but cant upload in classified new section only, and sure you in the new section?

Okay, I'm a step closer. Using my phone with chrome browser. Still can't upload photos on the 420 forum for now. Downloaded Tapatalk and managed to load photos but can you believe my luck, no more classifieds on Tapatalk.

I think the universe is telling me to use the ??? (Not sure if I can mention what I'm trying to sell) to change from soil to hydro.

Thanks for the time trying to help all, I'll get there eventually.

9 hours ago, StickyD420 said:

Hey there, I'm pretty helpful with android, maybe I can assist. 

Think Psyclown was asking the browser on the model Huawei Y5 you have? Such as Opera, Chrome, and such, I imagine?

7 hours ago, Bospatrollie2 said:

I use Tapatalk for a number of other forums incl 420SA - convenient to have them together, but have problems across the board. Browsing through threads and it stops...get a msg ''Tapatalk has stopped''
Replying with text is ok'ish but uploading anything is a problem. Did the restart and reload of the app to no avail.
Could be handset related, but same ploblems on the S5 and A5.
So I'm living with it for now, frustrating...but not the end of the world.

54 minutes ago, DamDave said:

Okay, I'm a step closer. Using my phone with chrome browser. Still can't upload photos on the 420 forum for now. Downloaded Tapatalk and managed to load photos but can you believe my luck, no more classifieds on Tapatalk.

I think the universe is telling me to use the ??? (Not sure if I can mention what I'm trying to sell) to change from soil to hydro.

Thanks for the time trying to help all, I'll get there eventually.

Okay, let's try this...

Can you remove the battery on the phone?

If so, hold that till step 3, if you dont then step 4 if for you.

1 - Open settings in the phone, go to applications, and check if you can with the 3 dots at the top right of the screen, select an option for clear all cache settings. (Dont have it, go step 2)

2 - Open settings, go to applications, select Tapa and go into the storage area, clear cache, then clear data.

3 - Before doing anything else after the above, pull out the battery, and hold power button down for 10 seconds. Then release and put battery back in. Turn on.

4 - hold power in, while in settings, and volume up or down, depending on phone to enter recovery mode, and once that is done, in recovery you want to select reboot. 

You might have just solved it.

Edited by StickyD420

57 minutes ago, DamDave said:

No worries, as with everything in life, challenges and learning curves. Beer break was good though. Let's see if I can screenshot.🤪

Hi again. I don't get an error message as such. I get to the ' main image required ', and when I tap the ' choose single file.. ' nothing happens. Starting to think it might be my phone.

Just now, DamDave said:

Hi again. I don't get an error message as such. I get to the ' main image required ', and when I tap the ' choose single file.. ' nothing happens. Starting to think it might be my phone.

Have you tried what I suggest through recovery and cleaning the cache?

Very last resort, is to do a factory reset through recovery, making sure to do a backup of pictures first, Google will save contacts and what apps you had and such.

Can very easy be from an update that didn't fully install till factory reset or clearing its cache. 

1 minute ago, StickyD420 said:

Have you tried what I suggest through recovery and cleaning the cache?

Very last resort, is to do a factory reset through recovery, making sure to do a backup of pictures first, Google will save contacts and what apps you had and such.

Can very easy be from an update that didn't fully install till factory reset or clearing its cache. 

Busy doing that at the moment. FCUK! Gonna win this one.

• Like 2

Bro, I'm here and will do my best to guide you, as I normally handle these cases in my hands and easier than explaining. 

Please if you have to factory reset, clear cache before you do that, then when phone switches on again, let it boot up for a few minutes, then go back to recovery and do one last final factory reset...it does help, and you already just did it, so why not.

Let me know🤜🤛

• Like 1