Transplant before or after

Just now, DamDave said:

Howzit all. I changed over to 12/12 the weekend, got so excited I spliffed up got stoned and built a bigger grow box.

I have got space for bigger pots now so my question is. 

Can I wait until I can tell which sex my plants are then transplant them.

Yo man! 

That's a decent idea... It will save you one or so transplants. 

How are you sexing them? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CreX said:

Yo man! 

That's a decent idea... It will save you one or so transplants. 

How are you sexing them? 

I have no idea to be honest. I watch them, photo and measure once a week keeping my eyes peeled for balls or something?? (To much Google).

That's why I joined the platform. Loads more questions and learning on the way.

• Like 2

Hit up Acdc, they have decent veg lights that are really good enough! 

Or @Master_G, I think he have a diode or 2 to string together for you

You could try a dark spell to try coax out some fast showers. 

Put the ladies in a dark area for 3 days and you should be able to see something happening 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CreX said:

Hit up Acdc, they have decent veg lights that are really good enough! 

Or @Master_G, I think he have a diode or 2 to string together for you

You could try a dark spell to try coax out some fast showers. 

Put the ladies in a dark area for 3 days and you should be able to see something happening 

I bought 2 of those ACDC LED flood lights after reading your recommendation, The are really bright (just run hot imo, nothing a small fan cant fix)

For the price of the 100w and 150w its a steal!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

I bought 2 of those ACDC LED flood lights after reading your recommendation, The are really bright (just run hot imo, nothing a small fan cant fix)

For the price of the 100w and 150w its a steal!

cant beat the price of these veg lights haha.

I have a 12v circuit for all my light fans in my tents, quick and easy and brings the temps right down

NOTE: this light will underperform in flower and a proper flowering light is needed for big buds

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CreX said:

cant beat the price of these veg lights haha.

I have a 12v circuit for all my light fans in my tents, quick and easy and brings the temps right down

NOTE: this light will underperform in flower and a proper flowering light is needed for big buds

Yeah I am already looking for something cheaper for once I get to flower to add, I have 2 x 90W 3500k lights and the 100W ACDC Flood Light(might keep the 150W for veg tent)

• Like 1

Coolest. 

The Acdc stuff tapers down quite a bit in the performance compared to other leading LED brands so just note that. 

Im not saying it's bad... I'm just saying that the higher tiers put out more lumens per watt and therefore use less watts per light. 

Like 480w QB light will be equivalent to a 600 or 650w acdc array. 

Quite a bit more expensive... But you doo need a powerhouse for flower

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CreX said:

Coolest. 

The Acdc stuff tapers down quite a bit in the performance compared to other leading LED brands so just note that. 

Im not saying it's bad... I'm just saying that the higher tiers put out more lumens per watt and therefore use less watts per light. 

Like 480w QB light will be equivalent to a 600 or 650w acdc array. 

Quite a bit more expensive... But you doo need a powerhouse for flower

Yeah. I've been doing a lot of research and going to bed dreaming of lights beyond my budget. I have something the hydro guys might be interested in. Just working my way around the platform for the correct place to advertise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DamDave said:

Yeah. I've been doing a lot of research and going to bed dreaming of lights beyond my budget. I have something the hydro guys might be interested in. Just working my way around the platform for the correct place to advertise.

If it's something to sell once off then check out the classifieds, tons of peeps go through there looking for a sweet bit. 

But if it's self promotional gains then you must follow the forum channels my guy👍👌

As for the lights, where do you have your head at at the moment haha? HLG 550? Fluence spyder? Ceramic metal halide? 😝😎😜

52 minutes ago, CreX said:

If it's something to sell once off then check out the classifieds, tons of peeps go through there looking for a sweet bit. 

But if it's self promotional gains then you must follow the forum channels my guy👍👌

As for the lights, where do you have your head at at the moment haha? HLG 550? Fluence spyder? Ceramic metal halide? 😝😎😜

A once off barter or sell. As for lights, something easy on the elec bill. My 1st indoor and CFL with all the downsides fitted the budget. Looking at those E27 LED lamps while saving for something decent.

48 minutes ago, DamDave said:

A once off barter or sell. As for lights, something easy on the elec bill. My 1st indoor and CFL with all the downsides fitted the budget. Looking at those E27 LED lamps while saving for something decent.

Best place would be the classifieds section, central place for all things sellable. 

What you got for swaps or barter though? 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 1:31 PM, DamDave said:

Howzit all. I changed over to 12/12 the weekend, got so excited I spliffed up got stoned and built a bigger grow box.

I have got space for bigger pots now so my question is. 

Can I wait until I can tell which sex my plants are then transplant them.

If I may add something, and can make a difference. 

You want to honestly get those plants in their final homes asap, as the 3 week stretching is actually the root growing that fast, and you dont want to disturb those root later than needed.

I know it's more work, but I am only trying to help others.

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, StickyD420 said:

If I may add something, and can make a difference. 

You want to honestly get those plants in their final homes asap, as the 3 week stretching is actually the root growing that fast, and you dont want to disturb those root later than needed.

I know it's more work, but I am only trying to help others.

I'll do that as soon as the good ol sun rays warm up later today.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1