Felt a little crafty

Naughty.Psychonaut

@Naughty.Psychonaut  Will keep you updated brother man! Hopefully get one today. Yes my since retired MH 600w was burning the pocket. @afternoon blazer
And I think electricity in WC has gone up drastically, used to get 189 units for R300, now my R300 gives me 111 ... Its actually ridiculous. 
Brother, my bill for this month is almost R1300 over the normal one, Im not sure what's going on in WC, but I queried it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Yeah this electricity situation in our country is redicilous, untill I can comfortably go off the grid completely I won't even think about HID. 

I would love to run a CMH. 

@afternoon blazer that 150w is defs a good deal!! How many plants you plan on vegging at a time?

Howzit bro. Between 1 and 2 plants at a time. Keeping it small. Just for me.

48 minutes ago, afternoon blazer said:

Howzit bro. Between 1 and 2 plants at a time. Keeping it small. Just for me.

Few things to concider then.

The 150w will be kinda overkill to be completely honest. It pushes out 12000lumens and quite a bit of heat, so unless your setup is equipt with proper passive intakes and the appropriate inline fan to replace the whole space with cool fresh air every 5 min (fan measurment ACFM = Actual Cubic Feet per Minute in correlation with the cubic feet of your space) you'll be risking overheating the grow space and possibly scorching the plants. 

If you only gona do 2 plants you don't need that much spread and will be able to hang a light quite close to the ladies, a light that gets too hot will force you to hang it further from the plants and that will cause the ladies to stretch like hell. 

You could try actively cooling it by blowing fans over the light in the direction of the inline fan to push the heat out of the space and allowing you to hang it closer to the plants.

If I where you I would actually rather go with a smaller light, but then this thing is on special and such a fucking good deal!!! Also why I wana get one, even if I use it as a night light outside, it's a fucking good light for a fucking good price. You probably gona pay more for a smaller light right now hahah

@Naughty.Psychonaut hey man! Got one yesterday and had a look at it, see they utilize small diodes similar to that of a qb and not the bigger cobs. So I don’t think it gets that hot. However I’m yet to find out as I’m only putting it in on the weekend. I’ve also got 2 led T8 36w tubes that I’m going to put on the side for washer cover. Quite exited to see how it works out. Yeah it’s a bomb light for the price! Think they changed the tech along the way 

Edited by ORGANinc.

49 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

@Naughty.Psychonaut Picked up those T8 led tubes for R200 each, 4 tubes total 72w. Those veg like a bomb too! 

@afternoon blazerneed you to show me how to wire them together so I don’t have to make 2 plugs lol? They just straight connect. So could I bridge them bud?

R200 for 1,2m 2 tubes + fixture 

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ORGANinc. said:

@Naughty.Psychonaut Picked up those T8 led tubes for R200 each, 4 tubes total 72w. Those veg like a bomb too! 

@afternoon blazerneed you to show me how to wire them together so I don’t have to make 2 plugs lol? They just straight connect. So could I bridge them bud?

U want to bridge the led and the t8 tubes?

1 hour ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Few things to concider then.

The 150w will be kinda overkill to be completely honest. It pushes out 12000lumens and quite a bit of heat, so unless your setup is equipt with proper passive intakes and the appropriate inline fan to replace the whole space with cool fresh air every 5 min (fan measurment ACFM = Actual Cubic Feet per Minute in correlation with the cubic feet of your space) you'll be risking overheating the grow space and possibly scorching the plants. 

If you only gona do 2 plants you don't need that much spread and will be able to hang a light quite close to the ladies, a light that gets too hot will force you to hang it further from the plants and that will cause the ladies to stretch like hell. 

You could try actively cooling it by blowing fans over the light in the direction of the inline fan to push the heat out of the space and allowing you to hang it closer to the plants.

If I where you I would actually rather go with a smaller light, but then this thing is on special and such a fucking good deal!!! Also why I wana get one, even if I use it as a night light outside, it's a fucking good light for a fucking good price. You probably gona pay more for a smaller light right now hahah

I get what you saying bro. And the light at the back does put out abit of heat. But i mounted my light on the outside of my box. So the only heat that goes in the box is from the front of the light.

As mentioned earlier. At 400mm away from the light i sit at about 25-27 degrees with no cooling. I normally run an extraction fan. So it drops my temp to about 23-25 degrees.

I think thats pretty decent temps. And im basically maximizing on the lumens. Giving the plant as much as she can take without burning her. (The sun is alot tougher trust me) when i leave my plant in direct sunlight for a while. My hygro goes above 38 degrees.

So im pretty happy with what the light is giving me currently. 

My plant is 10 days old here. She has only been getting the 150w led or direct sun. 24 hours of light 

20200629_140934.jpg

20200728_094236.jpg

20200728_094240.jpg

20200715_233808.jpg

IMG_20200721_091636.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, afternoon blazer said:

U want to bridge the led and the t8 tubes?

Honestly i rather u leave each thing individually wired. With short cables about 1 - 1.5m long outside the growbox. And get an extension . Plug everything to an extension near the grow box. And have 1 plug run to the plug point.

Gives u total control of each and everything. Just in case some things not working aswell or u dont like it. Or want to upgrade. Whatever the reason.

20200707_123329.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@afternoon blazer

I see what you did there, so this is actually the 150w from acdc we're speaking of? Those are good temps, yeah! 

Do you carry the plant out in the sun each day? That's dedication!! 

@ORGANinc.

Let me know how the light runs! I guess either way I'm getting one!

I literally just put my digikey order through, gona put something special together for my 1mx1m flower space. Then use the blurple just for veg and I have to say it's quite a nice light. Apollo 8, said to be 300w but true wattage is around 240. Plants explode once they go from this light to the blurp. So when I get this flood light I'll just keep it in this "grow box". Once I got the new light running gona spoil myself with a new tent, can't wait!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

@afternoon blazer

I see what you did there, so this is actually the 150w from acdc we're speaking of? Those are good temps, yeah! 

Do you carry the plant out in the sun each day? That's dedication!! 

@ORGANinc.

Let me know how the light runs! I guess either way I'm getting one!

I literally just put my digikey order through, gona put something special together for my 1mx1m flower space. Then use the blurple just for veg and I have to say it's quite a nice light. Apollo 8, said to be 300w but true wattage is around 240. Plants explode once they go from this light to the blurp. So when I get this flood light I'll just keep it in this "grow box". Once I got the new light running gona spoil myself with a new tent, can't wait!!

Howdy bro. Yup this is the 150w from acdc.

At the moment it is 1 plant. So not a major issue. And im working from home too. So i dont mind.

1 minute ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Just a little update here on the ladies under the 50w.

20200803_185924.thumb.jpg.46f233437d653e06dc89ba636cebe329.jpg

20200803_185955.thumb.jpg.5cccd8530f09340d3aa43cc9e833039c.jpg

Leaves are all shiney cause they got another Phyta and BioNeem treatment right before picture was taken. 

Wow bru, im actually heavily impressed with that 50w, How far from the plants do you have it sitting bud?

Nice one! 

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...