7 minutes ago, GGG said:

You can use that plugs and just put the plug in the soil/final pot, those plugs are amazing

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the shitty pic bro.

Yeah so i put this plug into the soil of final pot. And put the cracked seed into it after soaking for about 12 hours.

Still waiting for that little 1 to pop out.

Got abit impatient. Droped another seed in a shot glass now. Lets hope this operation is smoother. 

If both pop. Excellent. Happy camper

I do have space for a max of 2 x plants in my veg box. So im ok in that aspect.

Sweet tooth auto. Hopefully coming soon. 🤞

Edited by afternoon blazer

15 minutes ago, GGG said:

What area do you want to heat with that pad

Ok. So my grow box is 500x700 x 1000 high.

I have the pot raised. So the distance from light to top of soil is a out 500mm

The temp and humidity on the top of the soil is 18 degrees at night and about 20-22 degrees during the day.

40%-60%

I thought maybe placing this pad somewhere in the box. With raise the temp inside abit. 

To give the seedling and 1st week of growth some warnth since they still abit young.

It will help to up the heat by a degree or 3 if your airflow through the box isn't alot, with seedling you don't need alot of fresh air but you need some atleast. I had a small box like you with a 60w Led light and a heating pad and it worked fine in winter BUT..... I turned my top outlet fan around so it blew air in over the light to spread that warm air around and my outlet was at the bottom, that way I used the warmer air a little longer. Slightest warm temps outside and that box heats up quickly.

4 minutes ago, GGG said:

It will help to up the heat by a degree or 3 if your airflow through the box isn't alot, with seedling you don't need alot of fresh air but you need some atleast. I had a small box like you with a 60w Led light and a heating pad and it worked fine in winter BUT..... I turned my top outlet fan around so it blew air in over the light to spread that warm air around and my outlet was at the bottom, that way I used the warmer air a little longer. Slightest warm temps outside and that box heats up quickly.

Ok i get you. 

I do have 2 galon fabric pots(seed is in already-auto). On plastic drip trays. Think it would help? If i put the heating pad under those. 

I do have a circulation fan in there that i could use to move air around.

And switch of my extraction fan.

As i have 2 air vents at the bottom

And i have a 150w led in there.

you could lower your light a few cm to get the heatsink in the box too - theres all the heat you will need haha

also, if your temps are not going below 15, then i dont think you need to do anything to improve the heat situation.

• Like 1

Like mentioned don't put drip tray directly on heatmat, your roots might get to hot, my tray was about 1-3 mm above heatmat, but you have to play around, to see what works for your investment bro

• Like 1

10 hours ago, afternoon blazer said:

Guys whats your thoughts a d opinion on using these to increase growroom temps?

They have different sizes.

Screenshot_20200713-225948_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have managed to maintain the heat within a EASY2PROPOGATE system from Autopot (pictured below) at a steady 24C in a room that was easily dropping to below 10C. I placed the mat under the propagator, connected to a Sonoff and it worked like a charm. 

I don't think it will work well for anything else though. I think the heat would dissipate pretty quickly in a larger environment like the inside of a tent. 

easy2propagate.jpg.8e3b9723285803b46e9e89332d67f65c.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

I have managed to maintain the heat within a EASY2PROPOGATE system from Autopot (pictured below) at a steady 24C in a room that was easily dropping to below 10C. I placed the mat under the propagator, connected to a Sonoff and it worked like a charm. 

I don't think it will work well for anything else though. I think the heat would dissipate pretty quickly in a larger environment like the inside of a tent. 

easy2propagate.jpg.8e3b9723285803b46e9e89332d67f65c.jpg

Whats a sonoff bro

Edited by afternoon blazer

6 minutes ago, afternoon blazer said:

Whats a sonoff bro

https://www.takealot.com/sonoff-basic-smart-switch/PLID48571147?gclid=CjwKCAjwr7X4BRA4EiwAUXjbtwCSu7W7j2eTVvFlGGojWcT1bhvqT8Mgi3zhzj3TOunY7f24c53aPhoCK9UQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Basically automates anything. Can't remember who but someone uses it along with a wall heater. I also use it with my heater. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

https://www.takealot.com/sonoff-basic-smart-switch/PLID48571147?gclid=CjwKCAjwr7X4BRA4EiwAUXjbtwCSu7W7j2eTVvFlGGojWcT1bhvqT8Mgi3zhzj3TOunY7f24c53aPhoCK9UQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Basically automates anything. Can't remember who but someone uses it along with a wall heater. I also use it with my heater. 

Ohhh snap bro.

I want 1 for all my shit now. 🤣🤣

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Stinger96
      Morning growmies.. So I am setting up my first ever Indoor Grow. As a outdoor grower this is a daunting task and as exited as I am... I am quite nervous...
      @zairek Bud it seems assif you had n mother of an infestation.... I do not think I ever had such an infestation in my outdoor grows ever... Bloody hell.. 
      The tent and all accessories was nuked and afterwards drenched in a strong peroxide solution.. Hope there is no eggs hiding somewhere...
      The only thing I am not to sure about is the light settup. I have the following and is not sure how to proceed.. Please give me some guidance in how to connect the following.
      Thnx in advance buds... Keen to get going as the plants are days away from showing sex and would like to put the CBD Charlotte's Angel inside to prevent them from getting spoilt by the ultimate light source..
      There's a power cable from the light to the dimmable 600w electronic ballast..

There is a few extra ballasts. I'm not to sure why and how to connect these.. As I said... Indoor is a new world to me and I am not going to try this myself as I know my stoner ass is going to screw something up... I feel that it might be a simple thing but would rather have the experts guide me through this..
      These are the extras I received and what is causing the confusion..

• By wanna be dagga kop
      Yo, I would like to know is it normal for autos to be this slow? (I'm on day 17) I did run into issues in the beginning of my grow, I was struggling with humidity and about half way through between day 7 and 14 I bought a humidifier becasue I couldn't keep the humidity up. Is my plant stunted or is it still good? 
      Any help or advice would be appreciated. 

• By afternoon blazer
      Howzit guys
      I started this adventure trying to find the cheapest and simplest way to grow some good bud.
      Unfortunatly from my personal experience. There isint really a cheap way.
      If you dont want to be frustrated and and have issues all the time and have a successfull grow to be proud of.
      U need to spend a decent amount of cash.
      Enjoy. . . 

Germination
      So i germinated 1 banana monkey seed from biltong and budz.
      Thursday night(9-07-2020) 13 hours in a shot glass. Then moved to a paper towel. And a plastic bag and left in darkness near my modem for warmth.(10-07-2020) .Until a taproot was visible.
      GROW setup

Big shoutout to the forum for helping me get this grow box right.
      @CreX @Prom @Fridgedoor @StickyD420 @Bakstein420 @TheUltimateNoob @Ill_Evan @oldsandals @Totemic @ORGANinc.
      Full DIY vegbox 500x700 x 1000 high (double wall cardboard)
      2 x side intake vents cutout with net coverings.
      1 x 150w acdc cool white floodlight (Highly reccomended by @Crex.
      1 x high power pc extractor fan. 2 x air circulation pc desk fans inside.
      1 x chinese air humidifier
      2 x white box stands to raise the pots to the light.
      Inside of the box was covered in foil. And then sprayed matt white for even light distribution.

Grow medium and nutez.
      Freedom farms classic(green bag) Biobizz - gro- bloom-topmax            Seagro
      2 galon fabric pots

Grow monitoring
      Hygrometer for temp and himidity
      Ph pen(ordered from wish)
      Tds pen(ordered from wish)
      No timer used.
      Temperature range Night low 17 degrees Day high 26 degrees.

This grow box is solely for veging and providing the dark cycle for the plants. When flowering starts. Plants will be moved outside at specific times and back to dark at specific times.
      I will start of with 24/0 And then with the advise advise of the forum change my cycle. Will probably use the veg light to extend the daylight hours just a little bit.

COSTING BREAKDOWN.
      5 Seeds with delivery- R430
      Nutrients biobizz nd seagro- R800
      Syringe and jiffy starters- R20
      Soil -R200
      Fabric pot and sauser-R75
      Pc extractor fan- free
      Double wall Cardboard box-R140
      Foil- free
      Matt spray paint -R70
      2 x circulation fans and cables-R120
      Humidifier- R100
      Hygrometer-R100
      Veg light -R380
      Extension cable and multiplug-R100
      Ph pen+shipping -R150
      Tds pen+ shipping - R140
      Microscope+ shipping- R70
      420 FORUM advise - FREE FREE FREE
      Total = R2895
      More to follow. . . 

• By Tamjee Rusty
      Geminated on the 29th of April 2020. 
      Choco NL by @Totemic 
      Using Justcannabis soil, potted in normal plastic pots. 
      Added Explogrow and Micromatter from Plantmatter SA, using Seagro and Kelp for foliage spray.
      Transplanting into Plantmatter SA fabric pots
      Images to follow soon
    • By Greg
      Hi All

new and novice grower here, and need some help. 

Iv just planted 2 strains now. A white widow and a Northern blue tut. 

I succesfully germinated both seeds in the glass of water method, they both had a small taproot form but as soon as the tip appeard maybe 1-2 millimeters i planted them in a coco peet pre nutrition mix. About 2 cm deep in soil

Now the white widow did fine its already appeared and making progress it took about 2 days to rise above the soil 

the king tut however hasnt. Just wandering if somethings wrong or is this a stain that might take longer to sprout. and whats the longest youve waited for a strain ( maybe indica strain) to sprout after planting. 

Conditions might not be perfect as summers coming to an end, its slightly colder at night, but iv been told indicas do slightly better in cold than sativas dues to their origins,  but soil is damp not wet and not dry, its basically an outdoor setup, but after about 4:30 i put them under a basic 100w regular garden LED. for extra  light. 

Any help would be appreciated.