Yoh guys. Lots of advise. 

Need to have a think about it now.

Maybe getting some good seeds might be the easiest solution for now. 

Honestly the lights that i have were just to extend daylight hours in this winter period of ours. Not realy to be used for full on veg. 

I thought it would make a bit of a difference compared to having just really short days.

Indoor grows. Amazing. 

Would love to do it. But probably not in the next year or so. Space and setup cost for that is what holds me back. Wont be trying that for the next year or so.

Ideally i would just love to grow a plant or 2 on the balcony outdoors. In a pot.

For now. I think im gona keep these going for abit longer. Fingers crossed. 

But really apreciate u guys taking the time for the advise. Thanks guys.

Anyone feel like donating a clone or 2? 😏

• Like 3

7 hours ago, afternoon blazer said:

Midrand bro

Yo man! I am busy selecting plants to take forward to the next flower round and I have some that won't fit my space. 

If you're keen then they are yours... I'm also in midrand area. 

Hit me up with a PM if you're interested 

• Like 4

What up peepz.

Just a update on the above grow.

FAIL.. seeds didnt sprout. 

Did a little bit of investigating. Seems like the taproots barely grew from the time of potting.

Was abit upset. But then again . They were bag seeds. 

Frustrations aside. We ready to go again.

After some long convos with  @CreX.

Decided to invest abit more to get going and be less disapointed each time.

So. Starting from scratch again. 

Looking to go the distance this time.

Made some purchases.

1. 150w cool white LED light for veg. (Highly reccomended by Crex)

2. Extractor fan.

3. 2 galon fabric pots. Wann keep a small stealthy grow. ( easy to upgrade later)

4. Had the Seagro nutrient. Will stick with this to keep cost down for now.

5. Biobizz bloom. ( reccomended by the store guy. As excelent and works well with my grow medium)

6. Freedom farms formular 1. ( guy who sells it. Says propbably the best in SA.

Works very well nd easy to grow with.

7. Got a hygro meter for humidty and temp monitoring.

8. Ordered a PH meter. Tds meter. Mini miroscope thingy. And a pocket scale of wish. Should take about a month or so. ( try and make do until then. Reccomendations are welcome untill then)

9. Built a small grow box. Floor area 500x700 mm  x 1meter high. With inlet holes covered with mesh. Extractor fan. Led light for veg only. Wraped the inside in some foil. Oh and it is a cardboard box.

10. Lastly and i think from my experience most importantly.

I got me some seeds online. 

Biltong and buds worked Out quite reasonable and had a massive selection.

I took 5 seeds. 2 photo and 3 autos.

I think with my setup and low grow requirements i am gona mainly grow autos. But lets see how it goes.

Also. Before the Mrs started asking alot of questions about my spending recently.

I bought some seeds and started to grow some herbs for her aswell. 

Could use the grow box to veg these aswell. N make it seem like im doing a little bit for her too. 

Marigolds. Daisyz. Mint. Thyme. Lettuce. Corriander. Chives. Tomatoe. Chilli

Pics below.

download.jpeg.jpg

download.jpeg-1.jpg

Screenshot_20200628-220811_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200625-074651_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200702-070321_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200702-070345_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200702-070452_Gallery.jpg

20200629_140934.jpg

20200629_140916.jpg

20200629_141716.jpg

20200629_140853.jpg

20200629_141711.jpg

20200629_140838.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I love it man. 

And yea, you could definitely use the grow space for anything that grows. 

Keep some marigolds close by your weed as a companion plant... Very good to attract thrips. 

The plants I gave you are recovering transplants that look like they are coming right. 

I would give them one feeding with the bloom nutes as that will give them everything they need to build healthy strong roots(phosphorus and potassium) ... Then you can continue with the seagrow with great results. 

Good job with the innovation! It will make upgrade time so much sweeter when you get there😉👍

• Like 1

Is that sommer raw aluminium foil in a cardboard box?  

Eish brah fire hazard. The foil could cause hot spots and isn't as reflective as we think. I rate you'd do better painting the inside white or using mylar sheets. 

With that light I think he's safe... More at risk of catching fire by an electrical malfunction.

Even though foil is ~55% reflective on the dull side (less on the shiny) I don't think the radiant energy would be enough to heat up the foil to a point where it begins to burn the cardboard.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you're in a real fix, get car sun visors and cut them to fit.

They have an insulating layer of air between the 2 mylar sheets. More likely to melt than catch fire.

It does let some light through, but I'm pretty sure it's more reflective than foil.

• Like 1

Me me I don't like fire, zero chances, no ragrets 

Lmao no ragrets bro. 

And I get you, but even when is started I had a big wooden box lined with foil on the inside. Sometimes it's all we've got, you know

To the OP, @afternoon blazer , don't ignore the hazard though. Take precautions, like;

. Leave the box away from other flammable materials

. Keep a big bottle of water in or over the box placed so that if there is a fire, it will melt and the water will douse the flames - consider electronics when placing.

. No exposed wiring

. Use small fans to cool hot components

. Have the box in a well ventilated area

. Have a fire extinguisher near by if possible.

14 minutes ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

Lmao no ragrets bro. 

And I get you, but even when is started I had a big wooden box lined with foil on the inside. Sometimes it's all we've got, you knowemoji23.pngemoji23.png

To the OP, @afternoon blazer , don't ignore the hazard though. Take precautions, like;

. Leave the box away from other flammable materials

. Keep a big bottle of water in or over the box placed so that if there is a fire, it will melt and the water will douse the flames - consider electronics when placing.

. No exposed wiring

. Use small fans to cool hot components

. Have the box in a well ventilated area

. Have a fire extinguisher near by if possible.

if i remember correctly - the box is in the shower at the mo hehe so all good there, let the mother fucker buuuuuuurn lol

@afternoon blazer the white paint does soind like a good replacement option.

any matt white paint will do the trick, sommer PVA the box hehe

• Like 2

Howzit gentz. Thanks for the advise.

Will try and take some precausions for the flamez. Heat is very minimal. Inside the box. Doesnt exceed 22 degrees.

As a normal person looking at foil. U would think this shit is reflective as F@%#. Lol

Ok. So i got time to play around untill i start my grow from seed. 

Also got 2 x small usb desk fans. Since its a small grow.

So which option then gentlemen?

White matt paint??

Or 

Sunvisors??

@CreX

@Fridgedoor

@TheUltimateNoob

@Ill_Evan

for a cost effective solution - matt white paint.

unless you have some visors laying around, i would rather put money into actual mylar film, which i think would work out more expensive than a few hundred mills of paint

even a matt white spray can should do the trick

or any surface that is white, like panda film which i think is cheaper than mylar with just as high reflection

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Fridgedoor said:

Ah you are quick ☺... Are sunvisors more reflective?

sun visors are supposed to be made out of mylar - but you get knock off sun visors that are just a shiny material and no good in the end

• Like 1

1 minute ago, afternoon blazer said:

Ok sweet. Matt white paint it is.

and you dont need to be in a mad rush about it.

we are here to always strive for the next upgrade or next improvement and always push ourselves for more and better and thats coming through nice and strong in this thread

but the honest truth is upgrades and improvements can take very long!!

the plants wont die, and the tinfoil reflection i suppose is better than the brown cardboard reflection, so it will suffice for now, until month end, until you are ready

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CreX said:

and you dont need to be in a mad rush about it.

we are here to always strive for the next upgrade or next improvement and always push ourselves for more and better and thats coming through nice and strong in this thread

but the honest truth is upgrades and improvements can take very long!!

the plants wont die, and the tinfoil reflection i suppose is better than the brown cardboard reflection, so it will suffice for now, until month end, until you are ready

709678449_giphy(2).gif.134498537cde5bdacc634444ebe15f3f.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2