maryandjane.co.za

Gee88

1 minute ago, Gee88 said:

Hi, has any one purchased from https://maryandjane.co.za ? Are they legit?

thanks

G

They have an email address a number, and an address listed on their site. 

Reverse looking up the deets in Google reveals that it seems legit. 

Pretty ballsy of them with their naming, but I would give them a go as they aren't offering anything out of the ordinary to raise any suspicious vibes. 

8 minutes ago, CreX said:

They have an email address a number, and an address listed on their site

Thanks for the reply. I filled in the contact form asking about stock of a tent and they replied it was in stock however it was not the model I asked about. I emailed again and haven’t received a reply. I would order from grohydro who did reply quickly but they only expect stock in 5 weeks. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Popcoen said:

@Gee88 Hey bud, try https://hydroponic.co.za/

or https://www.futurama.co.za/ or https://growguru.co.za/

I have used all of them and had an awesome experience!! 

Good luck! ✌️

thanks, I’m looking for a secret jardin tent and unfortunately they don’t have. That maryandjane is the only place I’ve found that might have according to their site.

10 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

GroHydro is where I would get a secret jardin from. Supplies are min all over 😵

Yeah unfortunately 5 weeks wait

10 minutes ago, Popcoen said:

I’m looking for the ds but futurama has no stock of any secret jardin. I emailed them.

Why have you decided on this tent specifically? You could probably find an alternative in the size you want at most likely a cheaper price 😄 I recently went for a generic tent over a Secret Jardin. I can see the appeal of the SJ tents, and the accessories are pretty neat. 

• Like 1

I was also looking at the DS120 and got a quote from HydroAfrica. I'm rethinking spending 4k and looking at the Mammoth 120 for about 2,5k.

I really dig the DS range of secret jardin, all the small extras add up and probably justify the price of it.

1 minute ago, CoolJ said:

I was also looking at the DS120 and got a quote from HydroAfrica. I'm rethinking spending 4k and looking at the Mammoth 120 for about 2,5k.

I really dig the DS range of secret jardin, all the small extras add up and probably justify the price of it.

If you don't mind not having to cut out your own ducting holes then the Mammoth 120 is fantastic 😄 the Mammoth also has more accessibility with the side zip that the DS120 doesn't have. 

I'd probably go Mammoth. It's a good size tent too. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CoolJ said:

Does anyone know what is the difference(besides thickness) of the "highly reflective 210D mylar material" on the Mammoth and " 600D heavy-duty reflective fabric." on the Series 3 grow tent?

Hey brother, the D is the thickness and called Denier, kind of like the thread count per area, and have heard that the 210D is okay as it is slightly different material lining it and so actually strong. 

You making  reference to the tent Series 3?

8 hours ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

They're not too far from me... I love that place, lol.
Anthony, Dave and Gary belong in the business, so chill and very helpful. ad258b7bbb34585c59ae7c54a770f1d9.jpg

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

They also my go to shop. Haven't given me any stickers though, think I need to spend more money.

2 hours ago, StickyD420 said:

Hey brother, the D is the thickness and called Denier, kind of like the thread count per area, and have heard that the 210D is okay as it is slightly different material lining it and so actually strong. 

You making  reference to the tent Series 3?

Hi man, the Mammoth 120 has 210D Mylar and the Series 3 has 600D Reflective heavy duty fabric. I would Assume the 600D is better but I see most good brands use 210D Mylar 

They're both D and not T ? If so, then I believe the 600D is a heavier material and as far as I understand more dense.

I stand to be corrected, although I envision it similar to thread count. A 400 thread count sheet vs an 800 thread count sheet for example. If made from the exact same material, the 800 thread count would also be heavier and contain more material.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CoolJ said:

Hi man, the Mammoth 120 has 210D Mylar and the Series 3 has 600D Reflective heavy duty fabric. I would Assume the 600D is better but I see most good brands use 210D Mylar 

The 210 is a T and the 600 is D, as @PsyCLownmentioned, and therefore different material make up, the 210 is more a nylon probably or something, I'm not sure, but the 210 seems stronger made, and as much I like Futurama, if their tent has a warning on the site, that they are tight and can rip if not treated well, I tend to stay away from those items.

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

The 210 is a T and the 600 is D, as @PsyCLownmentioned, and therefore different material make up, the 210 is more a nylon probably or something, I'm not sure, but the 210 seems stronger made, and as much I like Futurama, if their tent has a warning on the site, that they are tight and can rip if not treated well, I tend to stay away from those items.

Thanks for the insight guys! And yeah I noticed the warning on that tent. I'll probably go pop in the store this weekend and have a look myself. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

Thanks for the insight guys! And yeah I noticed the warning on that tent. I'll probably go pop in the store this weekend and have a look myself. 

As I said, most my goods come form, or will come from Futurama, but if a place puts a warning it might tear, then to me they themselves have no faith or its happening more than once. Again, I like Futurama 😊

Edited by StickyD420