Advice for a new grower

zolrooker

8 minutes ago, zolrooker said:

Hey guys.. Does anyone know what height will my plants get more or less in the 10l pots?

That has so many variables it's not easy to predict as such.

How long you veg for, how much stretch in that strain and how fast and well it grows or a certain time frame is also different.

Here is an example of a plastic pot, smaller than a 3 gallon fabric, and rushed to flower as a teenager. 

"Right, you old enough now, go produce🤣"

20200405_072151.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

That has so many variables it's not easy to predict as such.

How long you veg for, how much stretch in that strain and how fast and well it grows or a certain time frame is also different.

Here is an example of a plastic pot, smaller than a 3 gallon fabric, and rushed to flower as a teenager. 

"Right, you old enough now, go produce🤣"

20200405_072151.jpg

How high are these plants in the pic?

Im growing 1 mostly sativa, 1 mostly indica and one hybrid. Plan on 2 months veg and 2 months flowering

So, I've read that it possible to grow in a completely closed system with very little ventilation and CO2 supplementation. Does anyone here grow like that? I'd love to have a hybrid of the two methods where I could run my intake and exhaust at intervals and supplement CO2.. If it was possible? 

You can run CO2, plants eat CO2 in the day and release O2,

Like anything in life, you up one thing, you need to up the rest. Give an engine more fuel only, it will die from flooding, or only more air, it will run lean and burn.

If you close it off, run CO2, you need to run temps high enough, over 30deg, and have enough CO2 PPM, and have enough light, over 1200PAR.

You can add it, but keep your flow the same, and it make a slight difference, as there isn't enough CO2 as the plant needs anyway in the ozone 

Or you could have wasted your time essentially 

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 1

I did a test run for a few hours today with 

Lights on

Inlet and exhaust running 

Oscillating fan 

Temp is sitting at around 27deg and humidity at 40%. Any advice on how I can go about correcting this? 

I was thinking of a portable air evaporator/cooler and maybe a small humidifier? Or are there some tips and tricks I don't know about 😁

If I'm getting 27deg now then when temps get warmer I'm gonna have big problems lol

Edited by zolrooker

5 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Hey brother, 

You seem to have everything okay, just as you point out, maybe the humidity can go up slightly for veg, and seedlings especially. Aim for 50 to 60, but 40 wont harm.

Yes, in summer when it's hot, and like me have a dehumidifier running, temps can get high and around 30 to 32deg.

Thanks bro. What is an easy way to increase humidity? Should I just get a small humidifier and a humidity controller? 

Oh yes, you probably dont have many if anything growing in there now. Once you fill that space, you'll be at the correct or more than needed humidity so dint stress till you get going properly.

As with regards to the CO2, best advice I can give you is, to first get the hang of this plant, and what it takes to go forward, once you got the basics down, which already will impress you if you get them right, you can then expand and try various additions that benefit growth.

Otherwise you might have so many things going on you will find it difficult to assess where you went wrong or what to change to fix it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zolrooker said:

Thanks bro. What is an easy way to increase humidity? Should I just get a small humidifier and a humidity controller? 

Try with full planted area first, otherwise you can get a humidifier for cheap, they aren't as specialized as aircon or dehumidifier, so anyone will work for you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Oh yes, you probably dont have many if anything growing in there now. Once you fill that space, you'll be at the correct or more than needed humidity so dint stress till you get going properly.

As with regards to the CO2, best advice I can give you is, to first get the hang of this plant, and what it takes to go forward, once you got the basics down, which already will impress you if you get them right, you can then expand and try various additions that benefit growth.

Otherwise you might have so many things going on you will find it difficult to assess where you went wrong or what to change to fix it.

Great thanks bro! I guess you're right. Maybe I just start with the basics instead of complicating things too much in the beginning 

• Like 1

Sorry brother, 

Been thinking, and from your pictures, you have a reflective sheet, plus the space blanket.

Maybe you have spare space blanket to hang inside the cupboard at the doors, like I mentioned the vinyl, and also seal the doors with the foam rubber strips.

Then you get the added bonus of reflective surface all over, and also from these pictures, looks like you dont have much meat / surface that overlaps on the door to frame / case for that tape, but just an observation. 

IMG_20200628_182218.thumb.jpg.75bd4f47da92ba693cfe4348846bf28f.jpg

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 2