NFT Grow

Dart07

Greetings growers 

Im planning on changing up growing technique. I’ve been interested in a sog nft grow system. Does anyone have some advice or know some good sources?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Necro 🧟‍♀️

But I'd have a look at the Wasabi NFT system by Urban Organics. I've grown tomatoes and other herbs in them before but would be interesting to see what someone could do with cannabis.

https://www.urbanorganics.co.za/product/the-wasabi/?v=68caa8201064

You wouldn't be able to go very long or big with your grow though. The tubes get clogged up by the roots quite quickly, blocking the return flow back to the reservoir. The speed of growth however was quite phenomenal, even under cheap blurple lights. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Yeah so many many ways you can do it also.
My beans was in the first too pipe and had a wire mesh so they grew on top creating abit of shadows for the lettuce that was in other pipes and then tomatoes was in the last pipe and they went up again. Space wise it used a ground space of 12sq/m and there was 120 places for plants in the pipe, try put 120 plants on a flat surface in 12sq/m.
Loads of fun also, gravity kept the bin with the fish in clean, bottom was spotless always.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

@PsyCLown Yo, things turned out wellish. It was a more complicated and difficult to set up and get working well than I initially thought. I still prefer to just grow in coco actually 😅

@GGG your system seem really amazing. it’s really awesome you were able to incorporate the fish. Does that classify as aquaponics? Do you think you would be able to use your system for cannabis?  

It was first just a hydroponic system and then I incorporated the fish to make it a aquaponics system , I did have 2 cannabis plants in there but the roots blocked the pipe with time and it became water locked, I man handed them out of there and put them in another system and got about 60g. They say aquaponics is not for "heavy" bearing fruit tho

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk