Cannabis Cup

You will need to register your entry by Sunday, 21 June, 2020. To enter, you will need to pay an entry fee of R500. This will get you a complimentary 3 pack of the President Seeds feminized seeds or a 6 pack of Garden Route Genetics regular seeds of your choice which are to be grown for your entry, rolling papers, and stickers, as well as a digital kit of elements to use on your social media. If you already have one of these breeders seeds or have already started growing them you can enter at no charge. 

@PromNo autos unfortunately 

• Like 1

How many people competing you think they get? Might be a great solution to stock yourself up. ^^ If you put for 50k prices out and have 2kg weed send to you 😂 you made a killer income.. and lets face it, people send you their best 😉

Might be a great idea.. stop growing and just organize a Cannabis Cup each year to stock up again 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...

Waaait, so you need to use one of the two strains / seeds in order to enter?

"This will get you a complimentary 3 pack of the President Seeds feminized seeds or a 6 pack of Garden Route Genetics regular seeds of your choice which are to be grown for your entry"

In otherwords, it's similar to the grow offs we do on this forum, but you pay R500 and its only the end product they're interested in?

45 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Waaait, so you need to use one of the two strains / seeds in order to enter?

"This will get you a complimentary 3 pack of the President Seeds feminized seeds or a 6 pack of Garden Route Genetics regular seeds of your choice which are to be grown for your entry"

In otherwords, it's similar to the grow offs we do on this forum, but you pay R500 and its only the end product they're interested in?

Sounds about right. I cant wait for our indoor grow off to come round again.

Good to see more of these comps coming out. The more the merrier!

Happy to be corrected but isn't a true cannabis cup a competition where a breeder submits new strains/cultivars they've been working on for judging? 

I've noticed a few entities running "Cannabis Cups" in SA and none have stuck true to how they run it overseas.

Has a proper cannabis cup been run in SA yet? I thinks it's time for us to get a proper cannabis cup going in SA where we find out who is breeding the best strains in the country. I reckon it will do wonders for developing the breeding industry in SA. They'll get exposure, validation of their genetics etc. Can't think of a better situation where we are relying on local breeders and not so much on the breeders from the US and Europe. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, 420SA said:

Good to see more of these comps coming out. The more the merrier!

Happy to be corrected but isn't a true cannabis cup a competition where a breeder submits new strains/cultivars they've been working on for judging? 

I've noticed a few entities running "Cannabis Cups" in SA and none have stuck true to how they run it overseas.

Has a proper cannabis cup been run in SA yet? I thinks it's time for us to get a proper cannabis cup going in SA where we find out who is breeding the best strains in the country. I reckon it will do wonders for developing the breeding industry in SA. They'll get exposure, validation of their genetics etc. Can't think of a better situation where we are relying on local breeders and not so much on the breeders from the US and Europe. 

I like the sound of this... Maybe is something we can chat about setting up 

• Like 2

Sounds about right. I cant wait for our indoor grow off to come round again.
Seems a bit dodgy honestly.
They even ask to send the bud in jars... For those living in other provinces, how would the logistics even work.

I wanted to enter, but it just seems a bit off.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

They even ask to send the bud in jars... For those living in other provinces, how would the logistics even work.

I would happily offer to be the tester/judge for the KZN competitors... send me your indoor guys 😂

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Has a proper cannabis cup been run in SA yet?

Hosted a cup about 2007/08, there was one before that in Natal. I thought our Cannabis Cup was epic and it  did not go according to any international standards. We camped at a farm on the Thursday or Frday, about 25 guys, you had to know someone to get in, there were two categories, each entrant had to enter 100 grams. It was the 10 year anniversary of "Woodstock" at Riversands farm and "we" also had a stage there, reggae pumped till the early hours, no arrests, just one big raid happened. The final day Sunday,  and cleanup was chilled. I sat with a mate cleaning up our area after woodstock, putting the pieces back, smoking on cheese and pot of gold. Some dude drunk on LSD came waddling up, so sat in the rain and shared a joint with him. Great, hectic time, would not recommend for the faint of heart. Seriously beautiful venue, RiverSands Farm:

Edited by Chris Jay

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 6:02 AM, TheUltimateNoob said:

If its too good to be true it usually is - lol license to print money though

• Like 2