Greeting everyone

CoolJ

Greetings everyone,

I have been a voyeur of this site for a while.

I started growing indoors last year and slowly learning along the way.

I like trying things people say you can'y or shouldn't do; so for my FIRST ever attempt at cloning I took a branch from my Auto amnesia haze from Fastbuds that was not receiving light.

All i used was saliva as my cloning gel( I read somewhere that the enzymes of saliva softens the stem) 

Its been almost 3 weeks and she is doing well and better than I expected.

20200505_112639.jpg

20200508_102641.jpg

20200520_101015.jpg

20200524_102209.jpg

20200529_121031.jpg

• Like 2

Mhhh Autos and cloning are not really something to do ^^ you can't stop their timer.. she will follow her program and will stay rather small. Clones you take from photo plants as you can make them change yourself, autos you have zero control over. Nice done.. but wrong type of plant.. don't expect much.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Prom said:

Mhhh Autos and cloning are not really something to do ^^ you can't stop their timer.. she will follow her program and will stay rather small. Clones you take from photo plants as you can make them change yourself, autos you have zero control over. Nice done.. but wrong type of plant.. don't expect much.

Yeah I know, everyone says you shouldn't do it but I thought let me try anyway.  The clone was barely 5cm when I cut it and now is growing well. I will be happy if I get 1g dry 🤣

1 minute ago, CoolJ said:

Yeah I know, everyone says you shouldn't do it but I thought let me try anyway.  The clone was barely 5cm when I cut it and now is growing well. I will be happy if I get 1g dry 🤣

Still a auto ^^ you get more than 1g 😉 she is pre.. so that plant should still reach some size. Let us know the final count, fun little project. 

3 minutes ago, Prom said:

Still a auto ^^ you get more than 1g 😉 she is pre.. so that plant should still reach some size. Let us know the final count, fun little project. 

I did it more for the fun and to see what happens, will keep everyone updated.

I ordered 3 clones from Clone Mart, so excited to get those ladies into my tent.

32 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

Clone mart? Gave them a google but couldn't find anything.

I saw them on a Facebook group and others seem to be happy.

They are based in Stellenbosch but the guy is willing to meet me closer so I don't pay delivery fees.

I ordered 1x Ethos Crescendo, 1 x Peyote Cookies and 1 x Ethose Glueberry OG

They had a special on certain strains for R150 each.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, myself just joining.

I've not heard of this clone place either, and hopefully you stay close to Stellenbosch, as with this lockdown it cant be easy to pass road blocks with clones.

My plan was to perpetual grow, and just cant afford the light I wanted to get right now for that, so have a few (40 odd) clones looking for new homes in the Bay area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StickyD420 said:

Welcome to the forum, myself just joining.

I've not heard of this clone place either, and hopefully you stay close to Stellenbosch, as with this lockdown it cant be easy to pass road blocks with clones.

My plan was to perpetual grow, and just cant afford the light I wanted to get right now for that, so have a few (40 odd) clones looking for new homes in the Bay area.

Nice welcome man, Bay area as in Gordons bay? What clones do you have? I was looking for clones for a while but all places that sold you need to take 6 minimum. 

Just now, CoolJ said:

Nice welcome man, Bay area as in Gordons bay? What clones do you have? I was looking for clones for a while but all places that sold you need to take 6 minimum. 

Good evening @CoolJ

unfortunately I should have said PE, and thought that might have been confusing, but had hit post already. 

Sorry I cant assist and would have gladly donated you a Nirvana GSC. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CreX said:

Nice work on the auto clone! 

Pity she's an auto though hehe... 

Anyways, welcome to the site man! Enjoy and post as much as you want haha! 

What setup are you running dude? 

Thanks man, yeah it was more of an experiment than anything. 

I was running some blurples until 3 weeks ago then got 2 Modugrow lights in an 80x80 tent.

Started with a DIY setup using silver roof lining and AC cobs/leds then moved to blurples now I finally got some decent lights.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, StickyD420 said:

Good evening @CoolJ

unfortunately I should have said PE, and thought that might have been confusing, but had hit post already. 

Sorry I cant assist and would have gladly donated you a Nirvana GSC. 

No problem man, would of been awesome to grow one of your clones.

Why not veg them out for a month then plant outside so you don't loose out?

39 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

No problem man, would of been awesome to grow one of your clones.

Why not veg them out for a month then plant outside so you don't loose out?

Space, running out of it quickly, as that picture is almost 3 weeks old now, plants are huge and I dont have enough light covered space to carry them now, going to flip to 12/12 tomorrow actually so they dont have much of choice.

Edited by StickyD420

Yeah not many use them but got some decent reviews from 

17 minutes ago, CreX said:

Modugrow? I don't think there are many on the site who use them... I belethey are Samsung diodes so that's tit😋

How many what's you running and what strains? 

Hit us with some pics yo! 

Yeah not many are using them but got some decent reviews from some people on Facebook. I have 2 lights and they 90w each. I would of love to get a QB from Growopz or Leon LED but I was impatient as nobody had stock.

I just finished a white widow auto from bulk seedbank under the Blurple(picture taken outside) 

I currently have the auto amnesia growing. Was about to pop Stardawg and Zkitlle Zi Zi but then ordered clones.

20200530_120612.jpg

IMG_20200427_120650_474.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 11:25 AM, CoolJ said:

Greetings everyone,

I have been a voyeur of this site for a while.

I started growing indoors last year and slowly learning along the way.

I like trying things people say you can'y or shouldn't do; so for my FIRST ever attempt at cloning I took a branch from my Auto amnesia haze from Fastbuds that was not receiving light.

All i used was saliva as my cloning gel( I read somewhere that the enzymes of saliva softens the stem) 

Its been almost 3 weeks and she is doing well and better than I expected.

20200505_112639.jpg

20200508_102641.jpg

20200520_101015.jpg

20200524_102209.jpg

20200529_121031.jpg

Just a lil update on the clone I toom from my Fastbuds Original Auto Amnesia Haze, she is reallly doing well and I'm surprised by the growth. She's in a soil mix feeding Biotrissol and switched to Bio Phyta for flower the mother was in coco feeding Horti Mix

20200627_134236.jpg

20200627_134431.jpg

20200627_134436.jpg

20200627_134527.jpg

• Like 3