Is this really a full spectrum light?

CapeGrownian

1 hour ago, CapeGrownian said:

Hi everyone

so i bought this light on Takealot. Its described as a 100W full spectrum light but it seems very red to me. Is this a full spectrum light and has anyone successfully used one of these flood lights/grow lights?

E8404B80-99D1-44B9-8268-C0BF57DC0F49.jpeg

4F97B452-94C1-47D8-8952-940C978BF75E.jpeg

lol, I also ordered one today for my mini  diy veg cabinet, the 50watt version , driverless cob , 380-780nm for r500 I will test and feedback if it works.

If it's for veg... Speak to Acdc about 

FL-150-CW 

Same price about... But I have vegged 20 plants under it like a champ and have ordered a few more for my veg requirements. 

Im going so far as using one to supplement my flower room currently... So for R400 it's def worth a look over a blurple nonsense from take alot 

Im patiently waiting for Growopz to make more QBs and then this seemed like a good deal and its easy to return things in takealot so i went for it. 

I might use it for two or three days to see how the plant reacts but she is currently halfway through flower with about 120W of 2700K cfl and 60W 6500k cfl. 

i want a full spectrum light to use for the full cycle and then il always have the option off adding the cfl bulbs where necessary for flowering.

1 hour ago, Roasty said:

the spectrum states 380-780 NM ( I hope...... lol ) think it would be a good supplemental light in addition to your CFLs, if it can really draw that stated power

think almost the same, check it out

• Like 1

You guys should really be moving as far away from CFL lighting as possible... 

That's rookie stuff that works In a pinch... High powered CMH and LEP as well as top end LED are the options you need to consider if your goal is top shelf bud. 

Sure not the cheapest... But you gotta start somewhere... But honestly... Cfls are not the somewhere you should be starting and or buying more to supplement 😅😋

Rather speak to @Master_G he has the goods 

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice CreX, ive spoken to MasterG.

the only reason for Cfls in my case was because that was literally the only lights i could find during the lockdown. 

Some feedback on the Spotlight/growlight...

The plant seems to be loving the new light but i guess anything would be better then the 2 20W cfls she was under before.

03794182-7AA5-4A98-B196-AB55B13F60EC.jpeg

• Like 1