Greetings everyone

Budtender

Greetings all 

I'm quite chuffed to be part of the 420SA community.  

Been on the forum for a few weeks now. Mostly reading and things before attempting any actual growing.

Much impressed by skill and knowledge of the lads here!

Soon as I start my first grow I will let you guys in.

Back to the books for me happy growing l!

• Like 1

What's uuuuup! 

Welcome mate!! 

What kind of grow are you looking to set up? Indoor outdoor? 

Give us some pointers about it and I'm sure we can point you in the right direction! 

When do you think you will be up and running 😁👍

• Like 1

@CreX thanks buddy! im not really sure. I want to start with 1 plant. maybe the hydroponic route with coco perlite mix in maybe a 25- 30l pot indoors and hand water? Still trying to figure out which LED light would be best for 1-2 plants though.

budget of around 2k  for a light

will do my best to start growing by next week sometime. What strains would you recommend for first timer like me? 

@SkunkPharm  Hospitality Management china. Was working as bartender travelling alot now I'm  settling down as wannabe budtender and going back to my roots so to speak. lol

• Like 1

Noice!! 

The choice to grow will ultimately be yours... But for indoor I'd go for a more Indica leaning plant and take it from there... 

Lots of guys in the site sell seeds or know where to find sweet deals. Check out the vendor lounge on the home page. 

As for a light... 2k is alright but you might need to pull out a wee bit more for a light that will make you happy through veg and flower. Quantam boards are quite popular nowadays but even for the smaller lights you're looking at around 2.5 to 3k a pop... Totally worth it IMHO. 

I actually feel you could practice with bag seed and still pull decent results due to the decent light. 

Start with a sweet light... And the beginner grower trials and tribulations won't be so obvious and your learning curve will be sharper. 

I wasted money on what I thought was a good light... I mean it does the trick for what ever is under it, but not so much for whatever is not under it... And it took me years to figure out that my lights were my limiting factor in my grow... 

Imagine training weights like Goku uses? Shit lights are those training weights... Every aspect of your grow will be better due to trying to figure out why your plants don't look like the other guys online... But once those weights are off... It's game on and the difference took me from 0.6g per watt... To about 1.5g per watt... And with my next harvest I'm hoping to breech the 2g/watt Mark... 

Lights are the most vital aspect for a starter grow... Sadly the most expensive part too

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Crex you're probably right man. I should put up around 3k for a decent light. Makes sense that once that aspect is taken care of I can focus on actually raising my ladies.

While searching for a decent light I came across many different brands, models and wattages. To be honest, its all rather confusing at this point in time. 

Does lets say a 1000w light really give you 1000w worth of light or is that just the max capacity of the light?

IYHO, Is there any specific brand and model  I should look out for that can be trusted? 

Im taking your advice and looking at it as an investment rather than an expense. Im going to have to smoke less for the next few weeks but all for a good cause lol

Thanks for the help bro and the epic Goku analogy. ur tops man! its much appreciated. 

Jimmy

• Agree 1

Hi Jimmy.

There are plenty options on the market when it comes to grow lights. The 1000w lights sold at China mall are not 1000w. Proper grow lights will cost around double that for a true 120w light.

Their are a few local suppliers that others can vouch for, or you can look at importing from digikey and slapping it together yourself.

Hey man.

So there will be a lot of sold out issues due to the fact that the boards are all imports and this isn’t happening at the moment. Don’t fear because all is not lost. I have heard a little bird singing and apparently there’s a company making quantum boards locally.

Also remember the pricing you see now and the pricing with the Rand dollar exchange rate change will be different. So expect  things to grow In price.

if you’re keen to check find out more about this, feel free to drop me a line. The company will launch soon but I’m sure we can waggle a pre launch del out there somewhere.

I am sure we are also able to work with your price-point as we have gone a custom route where each client will be dealt with on personal need.

Feel free to contact me if you want to know more. 

fyi. All warranties are local so there’s no shipping back to China if something goes wrong or any delay as we literally place the leds ourselves etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Budtender said:

@Bakstein420 got more or less 60x60 grow area. And thanks for the link that website is very helpful

Was looking at these lights from GrowOpz

https://growopz.com/products/qb-130

https://growopz.com/products/qb288v2-clone-120w

unfortunately sold out till further notice🤷🏽‍♂️

For a 60 x 60 area I would grow an autoflower under a Mars TS-600, which is R2 900 at the moment with the standard 3 year local warranty fulfilled in Cape Town.

Thanks @CreX

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1