Hello fellow cannalovers. As we are nearing the due date for the outcome from parliament, does anyone know what the current legislation is around sending bud via postnet? Not massive amount, figure probably around 50g or so.

Can't seem to find anything online.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm quite certain it is not legal. It's one of those things they are supposed to let us know about like the legal weight limit per person and such at the end of this year.. I am kinda doubtful now about that with all the madness going on currently. I think marijuana legislation and regulation will take a back seat while they figure how to prevent the country collapsing. 

Now that's just from a national stand point. From a quick look at PostNet's terms of service, I have found this:

5 PROHIBITED GOODS

5.1 The shipper shall not deliver the following goods into the possession of the company:

5.1.1 bullion, currency, precious stones or metals, jewelry, antiques, art works or other valuables;

5.1.2 human remains, livestock, or animal or plant matter;

Sauce

So with PostNet specifically, they prohibit plant matter, which I can probably safely say cannabis falls under. 

Now..that isn't to say I've never received cannabis via PostNet..but I am not advocating you do anything risky or illegal..just saying..things happen..

• Like 1

I'm quite certain it is not legal. It's one of those things they are supposed to let us know about like the legal weight limit per person and such at the end of this year.. I am kinda doubtful now about that with all the madness going on currently. I think marijuana legislation and regulation will take a back seat while they figure how to prevent the country collapsing. 

Now that's just from a national stand point. From a quick look at PostNet's terms of service, I have found this:

5 PROHIBITED GOODS

5.1 The shipper shall not deliver the following goods into the possession of the company:

5.1.1 bullion, currency, precious stones or metals, jewelry, antiques, art works or other valuables;

5.1.2 human remains, livestock, or animal or plant matter;

Sauce

So with PostNet specifically, they prohibit plant matter, which I can probably safely say cannabis falls under. 

Now..that isn't to say I've never received cannabis via PostNet..but I am not advocating you do anything risky or illegal..just saying..things happen..

Awesome thank you for the feedback, I was looking at aramex which I think postnet outsources to in some cases. They actually have something specifically about connabis, but the info on the link from their site to the related topic has been removed

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Yeah, Postnet use Aramex... If you were going to use Aramex they have those store to door dropboxes which are meant to be overnight and costs the same as Postne to Postnet. Although if they notice the smell coming from your package, you may be in trouble.

I was speaking to one of the guys at my local Postnet when shipping a thermometer to someone and we somehow ended up on the topic of drugs, I think he asked me what I was shipping as they have to always ask so I opened the box to show him what was inside. Apparently if they suspect it may be dodgy and he says it's often quite blatant the person is trying to hide something they tell the courier guys to check the parcel when they come to pick it up.

Now I doubt every Postnet employee really cares and does this, but it certainly does happen. Postnet wouldn't be my first choice if I were to ever ship bud.

I wouldn't recommend it either.

• Agree 1