When to transplant clones/cuttings

GreenBeans

20200422_175844.thumb.jpg.011831c440b081ed83e9ebb83050f91e.jpg20200422_175957.thumb.jpg.7cc4787d0603e8efd43f129262872f28.jpgHey guys, I'm a bit lost, i took some cuttings from a plant that I still have in veg and just put them in tap water and left on the windowsill for a couple weeks and they have started rooting. My question is how long should the roots be or how many should the clones have before being put into the soil ? This is my first experience with cloning and i just did it as an experiment, so I have no idea whats cracking

I start my clones in seedling trays with coco.
The water method didnt work for me for some reason. My clones start rooting about 2 to 3 weeks in, but I think if yours look healthy and have roots they should grow.
What medium they going into?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I just tried the water method because it seemed like the easiest, no fuss method. These also took about 3 weeks to root, I thought it was a long time 😄. I'm gonna put them in soil. So do you think I can plant them in the soil as they are now? I think they still look healthy enough?20200423_101715.thumb.jpg.a2a69665573fe4b7df43ea5dbcda4278.jpg

It helps with root development and some minerals and shit in the rocks help with some sort of feeding. It takes long but it helps develop sturdy roots. Did a DIY Cloning station in last years thread. It worked well and 90% of my clones rooted and all went through to harvest. Have a look.. Page 4.

:-peace

Edited by Stinger96

I'd wait for more / longer roots, also I prefer to put seedlings / cuttings into coco first and then into soil if using soil.

The coco is a bit lighter and fluffier than soil tends to be, helps give the plant a bit of a boost and get started and established while its still small and starting out.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

I normally do a gel dip, then a powder dip. Takes 8 - 12 days to fully root in peat pellets and around 14 days if going directly into potting soil.

I mist cuttings and the inside of the tray. Seal for 3 days, then remove the hood on day 4. Days 5 - 8 I allow some fresh air, but still keeping humidity up. Day 9 it gets opened again, by this time, they should have enough root to grow without the dome, but you'll be able to see which tool and which didn't.

A very light tug on the stem will give you an indication whether they rooted or not. With pear pellets the roots should have penetrated the outer walls of the pellet at this point.

Currently on day 6 and quite a few of my clones have already rooted, but they will only be transplanted around day 12 - 14 to make sure the transplant doesn't stress them too much

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 2