Lockdown and Cannabis - You Be The Judge

Ill_Evan

How is the lockdown affecting you?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How is the lockdown affecting you?

• I'm going to lose my job
    • There is no income with the lockdown and I have no/don't have enough savings to compensate
    • I have sufficient savings and funds to deal with it
    • It's touch and go and only the coming weeks will determine how bad it gets for me/us
    • I will continue to be working and earning an income during the lockdown

Cyril Ramaphosa announced this evening that there will be a national lockdown from this Thursday, 26 March 2020 from midnight. 

Now I've noticed our lovely forum has yet to be infected with a coronavirus themed topic so far, and I'm sorry to be the one to make one (not really:investigating) but this is something that has been on my mind. 

So two things; growing supplies, and in the event that personal boonj is low, weed supplies. Two things that make this lockdown just a little kak to get. 

If courier services are still good (albeit probably overwhelmed) during lockdown, then I guess we good. But if not, then what, get enough stock to last you the next 21 days? That sounds like a lot of factors to take into consideration. I know myself I have had to run out a few times when something urgent has come up with one of my grows. Getting better at predicting problems, but no one is perfect. 

Personally, I'm still waiting for my personal grow to harvest for my own supply so for the time being I'll need to get from you-know-where 🤫 I can already foresee some of them running out of supply in the next few days. So, to stock or not to stock 🤔 is there really any better time than a pandemic to practice a tolerance break? 🙄

Otherwise, now that the topic is here, any other pandemic related chatter is welcome here so we can keep things central. 

Stay safe out there 😷 it's going to be a little nuts. 

• Like 2

I feel for all the stoners out there that need to do emergency stock up. To all those that are generally stocked, now's the time to share a little.

With regards to lockdown... As a home grower, I'm use to being on lockdown and I'm use to self isolation already. 

I wish all on this forum and other fellow south africans all the best for the weeks to come. My prayers are with this country and for everyone to have a roof over their head and a plate of food to eat everyday.

God speed...

• Like 3

This lockdown is a disaster. It's a no work no money reality in our household, 

There is no savings to buffer this, no full grocery cupboards as we buy what we need almost daily with whatever money we have on hand.

Sadly this reality is one that tens of millions of us will face for the next month or more.

I feel I would survive getting the virus. Cant say the same about this lockdown.

All the best to you all. Let's see what the world looks like after...

• Agree 1
  • Sad 3

Just went stocking up on BioBizz.. as long as Eskom stays up, I shouldn't get into to many troubles. (Just knocked on wood)

I wish all the best for the upcoming days.. like Totemic, I am not scared to get it. 

But lets chatter ^^ what bugs me is that we have on average a year 400'000 influenza (flue) related deaths world wide.. and we do not make a mess out of those. So corvid19 has to reach quite another number to even rival normal flue. The numbers I read are 3% mortality when you divide known infected with related deaths. When you go realistic and calculate the number of unknown infect into it.. under 1% mortality rate. I think normal flue has 0.8%. 

People with a immune deficiency or a present lung infection are clear risk group. The last number I got from Italy count of victims, average age was 79.5 years old. So older people should also be more careful. As TB and HIV are heavy present in Africa, it can get way more out of hands here. But it looks a bit strange, that you ruin your countries finances by shutting it down. There are not many South Africans having the money to survive 21 days on what they own right now and have in their pocket. So you have to get to the point asking yourself.. why do they commit financial suicide.. and that is all over the world countries go into shut down. 

My personal favorite is, that they do it on purpose. The financial system is in a debt spiral down and getting worse for all governments. They might total the car and blame it on the virus.. we did it to protect you guys, so shut up and stop complaining, that kind of direction. Reform of the finance system would be the next step.. cash is on the hit list for years. If governments could, every transaction would be electronic and with that able to check and tax. Or is way simpler.. hehehe as most politicians are in the risk group (over 60 years old), they act in self preservation. I for my part think is way over reacted to shut down a country because of flue, old people die.. we all have a clock ticking.. not to far away from the 60 myself.

At least harvest started.. what keeps you busy for the next days. The next 21 days will not be very boring 😁 lets hope Eskom keeps us powered.. only spoiler would be if they shut down too.

Stay healthy, stay happy

• Like 3

• 420SA pinned and featured this topic

Personally I think the move to shutdown was a good one and perhaps the only option right now. Especially for a country like ours. We have a huge portion of the population that relies on public transport and that public transport involves people essentially sitting on top of each other. Then as you say Prom, so many have compromised immune systems in this country. Our health system can't cope as it is so we would be desperately fucked if this virus took hold like it has in Italy. Granted Italy has a high number of elderly citizens but our HIV and TB issue could be a far more detrimental factor than just old age. 

I have my reservations about how this pandemic may have come about. The possibility of a natural cause or malicious intent bounces back and forth in my mind. 

Some things to read up on and make you wonder a little - http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/ - this event took place in October 2019, a month before the apparent origin of the virus in November 2019.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/chinese-official-says-us-army-maybe-brought-coronavirus-to-wuhan-2020-3?r=US&IR=T - The US Military was in Wuhan in October 2019 for the "Military World Games" 

Coincidence? Who knows...

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

18 minutes ago, 420SA said:

I have my reservations about how this pandemic may have come about. The possibility of a natural cause or malicious intent bounces back and forth in my mind. 

Some things to read up on and make you wonder a little - http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/ - this event took place in October 2019, a month before the apparent origin of the virus in November 2019.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/chinese-official-says-us-army-maybe-brought-coronavirus-to-wuhan-2020-3?r=US&IR=T - The US Military was in Wuhan in October 2019 for the "Military World Games" 

Coincidence? Who knows...

I'm so far down the rabbit-hole of conspiracies that a part of me thinks this disease doesn't even exist and this is a world case of mass hysteria. 

Some peeps think this is related to 5G 🙄 some believe that QAnon has been pretty spot on with regards to the deep state within the US administration. 

Bioweapon? Experiment gone wrong? US army releasing it in Wuhan? Maybe the Reptilians are playing games with us. 

F'ckin who knows

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@420SA perhaps you could set up a small relief fund that forum members can donate too, as long as peeps don't abuse it, funds could go to members like @Totemic to help em through the next 21 days.

Just a thought I had, what do you guys think about that, would anybody donate to help out one of the original 420SA members?

Edited by Dank
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Dank said:

@420SA perhaps you could set up a small relief fund that forum members can donate too, as long as peeps don't abuse it, funds could go to members like @Totemic to help em through the next 21 days.

Just a thought I had, what do you guys think about that, would anybody donate to help out one of the original 420SA members?

Good idea @Dank will give it some thought. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 420SA said:

Good idea @Dank will give it some thought. 

A relief Cannabis seed auction also crossed my mind, could donate seeds, the money can go to members in need, wouldn't be able to send em until the world returns to normal tho.. 

Thought id just throw it in there as well!

Edited by Dank
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Totemic said:

Thanks for the thoughts guys. We will be fine. As always, you guys are supporting me by supporting the suppliers that do stock them seeds.

I like the names already from your seeds.. ever thought to go a step ahead and go colloidal silver to do fem seeds.. and then.. the last step and cross with ruderalis to get a auto? 😁 

(No problem to get silver coins, so very easy to get the colloidal silver solution) Would have zero issues to fork you out 1000 Rand for 10 seeds.. if the genetic are as delicious as they sound.. 1500 also zero issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prom said:

I like the names already from your seeds.. ever thought to go a step ahead and go colloidal silver to do fem seeds.. and then.. the last step and cross with ruderalis to get a auto? 😁 

(No problem to get silver coins, so very easy to get the colloidal silver solution) Would have zero issues to fork you out 1000 Rand for 10 seeds.. if the genetic are as delicious as they sound.. 1500 also zero issue.

@Totemic is bringing out fem seeds now. Not available on the 420SA store but available on Cannabist. Here's the link https://www.cannabist.co.za/breeder/totemic-genetics/

Also maybe contact him directly on here :poke

• Like 2

So how is everyone finding the lockdown so far?

I feel as time goes on, it's going to be more difficult for people to stay couped up inside and there is always the possibility that the lockdown may be extended as well.
Right now for some it is a paid holiday, they're scoring some time off. Others are having their leave days deducted and some are not being paid whilst for other it is business as usual, or perhaps just working from home.

Regardless it is a bit of an iffy and delicate situation and if it continues it can start affecting more and more people in a negative manner. This is not something which will just blow over once after the lockdown is lifted - although given the amount of time people are spending at home I suspect the forum activity will increase over this period and certainly the amount of cannabis being consumed!

On the plus side, I am at least able to continue with my current grow and I think most of us will be able to continue with our grow and perhaps even offer us the opportunity to spend a bit more time with our ladies.

• Like 2

Too much time spent with the ladies 😄 Got everything locked in now so don't need to pay much attention at the moment. Just letting them do their thing. Which leaves me with even less to do. 

I am beginning to ponder how I personally could enter an industry of generating income at home. All of a sudden people are doing it in industries otherwise thought not possible. I want in. 

Are courier services even operating? 

• Like 1

Besides not working, life isnt that much different for us. We are home bodies and used to this way of living.

My winter breeding run planning has stalled with genetics in limbo somewhere so no CBD versions of my cuts this year. Was/am planning on bringing some lebanese landrace into the pool, but yeah, plenty other genetics to explore in the meantime.

• Like 2

Too much time spent with the ladies  Got everything locked in now so don't need to pay much attention at the moment. Just letting them do their thing. Which leaves me with even less to do. 

I am beginning to ponder how I personally could enter an industry of generating income at home. All of a sudden people are doing it in industries otherwise thought not possible. I want in. 

Are courier services even operating? 

I understand couriers are still operating, but not so sure if it is for all products.

As for me, working from home, so minimal change except I no longer have the travelling frustration. Not sure it's going to be an easy transition back into 'the norm', it's day 6 for me...

Stock levels are decent, and should survive up to a 6 week lockdown. Alcohol and cigarettes will run out soon, actually, shortly lol, so my nicotine addiction will be broken even if the lockdown is only 21 days. As good a time as any to stop I guess.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Totemic said:

Besides not working, life isnt that much different for us. We are home bodies and used to this way of living.

My winter breeding run planning has stalled with genetics in limbo somewhere so no CBD versions of my cuts this year. Was/am planning on bringing some lebanese landrace into the pool, but yeah, plenty other genetics to explore in the meantime.

lebanese landraces...

Please do. 

• 2 weeks later...

So we got an extension to the end of this month of April. How we doing? 

I personally just got mentally prepared for the last little bit until the extension. I am out of weed, sad. Busy re-vaping daft that I have luckily been collecting, but what a shit experience that is, basically just keeps the withdrawal away. Minor withdrawals though. Surprise tolerance break anyone?

But that's light stuff in comparison to a lot of people's problems now. I am fortunate, I'm still a lighty with parents that can hold me up. This is a serious screwup and I hope government allows some relaxation for some work to be done. 

I am so stir crazy guys, jissis. 

Howzit guys? We all knew that the extension would happen and there'll most likely be another and another. But one thing is certain, we are unraveling here at home. We find that if we stay out of each others way, there's calm. Hahaha.

Personally I think the lock down was timed well. And I'm glad that most people are doing their bit to flatten the curve. I do however have an issue with the stuff that's not being sold. At least allow us to buy hardware supplies at the stores who ALREADY carry them, like Pnp. I have some home maintenance to do, but simple things like silicone sealer is right there, on the shelf, but you can't buy it. Now is the time to get your place in order, but my hands are tied. I suppose i shoulda ran to the shops in the week leading up to lock down, but i was weary of the crowds.

Then there's theory's on WTF is actually going on? Are they using COVID-19 as a blanket name for every other cold/flu circulating the world and that's what making the numbers look the way they do? Social media and fake news is a problem. Are there major things happening in the back ground? Effectively this is changing the way the world operates and sets the tone going forward. WHAT IS THE TRUTH?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Now is a good time to plant root vegetables. Sweet potato, turnips, beetroot etc. You'll be thankful a stretch into the coming depression...their is no way the global economy is walking out of this alive.

We are a generation that has been spared from global catastophe until now. We've only heard about world wars, epidemics, and the like. Well here's ours...busy taking its place in the history books right next to the likes of the spanish flu.

If history is any teacher, this will be the hardest decade or more ahead we will face. As a family we are already a plane crash waiting to happen. It's only a matter of time before we run out of altitude. We were unable to fully prepare for the initial lockdown, never mind the extension, or the fallout after that.

This is a 'Phoenix moment'...and out of these ashes, who knows what our world will look like. People may actually start appreciating each other again... 

• Like 4