need more stacking?

Hey guys, here's a couple of photos of my Jack herer, starting to experience bud rot, and I cant get the mildew under control in the garden, haven't had a look at the trichomes yet, my guess is they're still clear to milky. thinking of harvesting her early, but she's barely stacked. any advice would be appreciated, already removed infected flowers.

20200321_104538.jpg

20200321_103953.jpg

20200321_104504.jpg

20200321_104515.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dank said:

Yo @Jedi Messiah , with the bud rot and mildew the quality of the bud will go from bad to worse.

If u do decide to harvest be sure to remove all pieces with rot an trim mildew carefully, clean tools after to avoid infecting other plants. :-rolled

Thanks man. So you reckon harvesting asap? Checked the trichomes, they were clear. Did smoke a dried piece, nugs are dense af, think stacking is over.

2 hours ago, MissMayhem said:

And with the rain that's expected for pretty much the whole week in gauteng, the issues will likely just worsen?

Rain on buds that are already with mold (budrot) or pm will worsen for sure I'm afraid.

Plants without issues can be "shaken off" after a rain or heavy dew to help minimize issues.

2 hours ago, MissMayhem said:

Thanks man. So you reckon harvesting asap? Checked the trichomes, they were clear. Did smoke a dried piece, nugs are dense af, think stacking is over.

From the picture I saw and the few trees in the background, I would take down what's getting worse and leave the healthiest plants to mature longest.

These are all fungi problems,  spores get  created and will spread across gardens quite easily left unchecked.

The earlier harvests might have less taste and a more speedy high, budrot harvest is not worth smoking anyway.  Hope this advice helps a bit.

Vrede growmies :-rolled

Edited by Dank
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dank said:

Rain on buds that are already with mold (budrot) or pm will worsen for sure I'm afraid.

Plants without issues can be "shaken off" after a rain or heavy dew to help minimize issues.

From the picture I saw and the few trees in the background, I would take down what's getting worse and leave the healthiest plants to mature longest.

These are all fungi problems,  spores get  created and will spread across gardens quite easily left unchecked.

The earlier harvests might have less taste and a more speedy high, budrot harvest is not worth smoking anyway.  Hope this advice helps a bit.

Vrede growmies :-rolled

It helps a lot. Thanks brother. 

The pics I posted are all of the same tree. Removed any rotting pieces, will keep a close eye on her. She's the furthest along, all the other girls are quite far behind. 

• Like 1