Breakers

Oolong83

Just now, Oolong83 said:

Hey guys

long time.

quick question......

would the regular 20amp breakers support more than 1500w without tripping? How much can they support. How much watts are you guys pulling on a 20amp breaker?

Hi,

P (W) = V (Volts) x I (Amps)

1500 = 220 (mostly in SA) X I

So, I = 6.818

Or, a 20 A breaker can handle about 4 400 W

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Additional note. 

You can't put in a bigger breaker if you need more watt room. 

The breaker is there to protect the cable in the wall. If you put a bigger breaker in, you run the risk of over loading your cable infrastructure and causing a fire or just burning your cable out. 

You will need to confirm the cable size and hope they have underrated the wire, or run a new bigger cable to the grow op

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, CreX said:

Additional note. 

You can't put in a bigger breaker if you need more watt room. 

The breaker is there to protect the cable in the wall. If you put a bigger breaker in, you run the risk of over loading your cable infrastructure and causing a fire or just burning your cable out. 

You will need to confirm the cable size and hope they have underrated the wire, or run a new bigger cable to the grow op

I've also heard of people using extensions from another plug that is on another breaker. I would try and use more efficient lights first.

• Agree 1

@zairek i found that my results improved a lot. So i am happy with the switch. That being said, i cant afford those top range LEDs that would definitely give the same if not better results. The cheaper LEDs (1000w china makes) tend to get the job done, but they kak after 2-3grows and you need a couple for desired results. Speaking as a amateur grower, im sure some of the big boyz will disagree and will be able to get descent results from cheapmade LEDs, but im not that good yet😂. The first 2 pics is with LED, the other 3 is with HID.

B53C38FC-0FE8-47F1-BDFF-C9DA354BB361.jpeg

326B74C5-48E6-43DB-9406-01DCE9723F8E.jpeg

142CAB04-147F-47CE-ADA9-43DEB6B26170.jpeg

06EB42E1-3F67-4F99-9AF1-87EAF4182B97.jpeg

45D760BE-9409-48A5-A7B9-030E2D139685.jpeg

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By GoldenVundu
      I have 4 Lumii Black 600w Ballasts and Reflectors for sale. 
      These were meant for a project that never took off. Still in packaging - never opened. 
      R3000 for the lot. 
      For collection in Rondebosch/Newlands.
    • By Pineapple Express
      Full Indoor & Full Hydro Grow Set-Up for sale - R13,000 each (or R 22 000)
      Got 2 x full grow setups, one indoor soil setup and one hydro setup.
      Whatsapp: +27 60 546 2660
      What's included in each set:
      1x Grow Tent 1.2m x1.2m x2m
      1x Lumii 720W LED 6 bar Grow Light
      6x 25l Grow Buckets OR 6 material grow bags
      1x Hydroponic pump with connecting pipes (For hydro setup only)
      1x HighPro Extractor Fan 
      2 x Oscillating Clipfans
      1x Digital Min Max Hygrometer
      1x Grow Net 1.2m x1.2m 
    • By High_grade.420
      X6 Available
      Price negotiable if you are wanting to take Multiple.
      Each Birdwing reflector includes a pair of Ratchet Hangers.
      High quality Adjust-a-wing reflector made from 95% reflective aluminum. The spread of the reflector can be adjusted, narrow and wide settings are possible to adjust the reflector to your grow area. Two sheets of aluminium are gently folded by adjustable wires to change the angle of reflection. To reduce intensity and increase area they can be tightened to decrease the width of the reflector. 
      85 x 70 x 20cm
    • By the_dagga_doll
      5x SecondHand Novas
      The Nova 420W – 1000mm produces a large amount of light(47248 Lumens), making this light ideal for larger grow operations where the fixture can be placed further away from the canopy. The light spectrum and intensity produced by this fixture are both suitable for the vegetative and flowering stage (inclusive of Far-Red chips) of growth. IP 44 standard.
    • By Spaidan
      Hello growers
      Would love some advice from an experienced indoor grower. 
      For the past year I have been growing cannabis indoors using a Mars Hydro tent ( 80cm x 80cm x 160cm) with the mars hydro 48 reflector led light. ( bought the combo and light is 100w blurple led) I've gotten good grows however I felt like I wasn't getting enough light coverage and intensity during the later phases of my growth. 
      Recently I bought myself a 120w quantum board, which has a HLG meanwell driver and Samsung lm301h diodes. There is also a dimmer attached to the quantum board. 
      I would like to know if I should start off the grow with both lights on? Or should I start off the grow with the mars hydro and then turn on the quantum board  when the plant hits veg stage. 
      Was thinking of starting off the grow with both lights on (Mars hydro 48 reflector + 120w quantum board) and dimming the quantum board to around 50%. 
      Would really like some advice, not sure if I should be dimming the quantum board at all? Am I safe to run both lights at full strength? Should I only go full strength with the 120w quantum board for flowering? Please help P. S  with regards to distance of both lights, they are maxed out at the top of the grow tent and I can't raise them anymore. Plan on growing one single photo period and vegging it out to fill the tent before flipping to flower. Will include photos of lights and tent
      Thanks guys happy growing🙏🏻