Indoor Grow Kits on Futurama

Umm, honestly I have never bothered looking into such a kit as what I want has always been quite specific.

That Apollo light is not something I personally would purchase, however I can understand the appeal behind a kit as it is convenient and I expect a discount over purchasing the equipment separately.

Perhaps share with us what you have in mind and a budget and the members can advise whether there are better options out there or not and help make suggestions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucid-grower said:

What do you think about the indoor tent grow kits like this one on futurama?

Are there any other kits I can look at online? 

You'll be able to do a full grow with a setup like that no problem. You'll just need to sort your actual growing medium and type. In a setup like this, I'd personally do 4 x 20L fabric pots with Living Organics Soil, and throw in a scrog net as well to maximise yield considering that LED. 

I've seen guys start out with worse LED's, the Apollo series isn't terrible but it's also not the greatest. Just keep that in mind when imagining expectations. 

It's a phenomenal price for that combo. All you would really need to upgrade is the LED to a 250W QB. From there it's a bigger tent and beyond. 

• Like 1

I want to focus on the highest quality bud I can grow for myself, so that I can vape it, and take shots of it for online stock photo/video. My partner will make infused experiments with baking, cannabutter etc...

I want to learn with say, 2-4 plants indoor, giving me a variety of challenges and learning opportunities. I also prefer LED lights.

I am looking at spending under R10k.

I am focused on quality over quantity. 

Edited by Lucid-grower
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lucid-grower said:

I want to focus on the highest quality bud I can grow for myself, so that I can vape it, and take shots of it for online stock photo/video. My partner will make infused experiments with baking, cannabutter etc...

I want to learn with say, 2-4 plants indoor, giving me a variety of challenges and learning opportunities. I also prefer LED lights.

I am looking at spending under R10k.

I am focused on quality over quantity. 

Schweet, this is a good start. In that case, I would stand behind my initial opinion. I think that Futurama combo is a great idea considering the price. You will be able to learn everything you need to with that setup and from there you will know how and what to do going forward. I personally grow in a tent that exact size and if you scrog you will be able to get a good yield without sacrificing quality. When it comes to hydro/soil/coco decision, that depends on mostly personal interest, and how much you'd be willing to spend on accessories such as pH, EC meters etc. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Firstly happy Month of 420

This is my first post and was also interested in the Combo deal linked in original post. Thinking of making the purchase after lockdown.

I did a bit of scrolling around on this forum and seems like members prefer Quantum Boards over this combo light. So decided to redo some pricing.
I found the following 2 QBs which interests me but need some help as a new grower . I would like to buy efficiently if i would like to upgrade my tent in the near future.
https://growopz.com/products/qb-130

https://growopz.com/products/qb-200

I was thinking something between these two lights will be optimal. Was hoping on not spending more than R3k on a light due to the other things i still need.

My needs:
I will be growing in a 1x1x2 tent and would like to get the dankest buds possible, or at least have the equipment to get there. Also would be great to expect something close to 100gs come harvest as harvest is usually only twice a year when using one tent if my understanding is correct. I wanted to care for one plant only but i'll probably stick 2-3 in there.

@Ill_Evan, @PsyCLown - I'd appreciate your input

Thanks for the assistance and hope this is not seen as thread highjacking 🙂

Edited by BigBud

Finding QB's for that price is difficult, with the new exchange rate its going to become even more of a challenge and probably extremely unlikely / near impossible. 

For your sized tent I'd say you'd at least want 2x QB288's so something a bit more powerful (more LED's) than that qb200 on the GrowOpz site. Both those lights are also out of stock. 

Maybe see if @Cannabist still has stock of his Samsung lights that he's willing to sell otherwise I'm not sure you'll find something worthwhile in your budget to be honest. 

We are bringing in some parts soonish, probably after lockdown. We have strips, just need drivers so if you keen to build your own, can bring in the parts for you or can make a light up for you. Actually thinking of selling DIY kits, have a design that allows to scale as per clients needs so might have a hundred LED stip mounting brackets / heatsinks lazer cut.

Check out https://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip-build-designs-samsung-bridgelux/, nice detailed article if you want to attempt it on your own. If you go with the smaller qb130s (like 3 of them), you can get meanwell's elg range drives which is cheaper and saves a bit.

Also see growopz dropped the LM301B series in favor of the LM561C series but prices haven't changed?

• Like 2

Hi, thanks all for the feedback and suggestions.

I was expecting one 200QB to cut it. Well, thank goodness i asked the question.

@Cannabist, i would be very interested in building my own light. Not only for saving a few Rands but for the sake of DIY :).

I could probably push a bit more cash into a light or start with a smaller tent (not that 80x80 would be much different i guess).

@Cannabist,Im very interested in what you can get and what i can expect to fork over for something decent to grow the dank.

reading through the provided manual to see I'll be able to.

thanks again

1 hour ago, Bakstein420 said:

@BigBud i believe @Aeradix also sells QB's, give him a try or alternatively make your own.

@BigBud if you're looking for a single quantum board to cover 1 x 1 m, then this Mars-Hydro light would be your best option. Still selling at the old exchange rate with a 3 year local warranty. We're expecting a 20% increase in price (minimum) in the next few months if things stay the way they are now.

Edited by Aeradix

Hey guys

Thanks for the advice thus far. I now understand that you need a serious amount of light in a small space.

I'm convinced that i need a diy light and will get to that in the next year or two but for now i can't wait and need to get growing.

I can get a 80x80tent with a Mars TS1000 until i have the components for my diy build.

Would this be fine for this sized tent? I saw some heavy claims?Screenshot_20200420-151711.thumb.png.e0fca2d2fe0d92bb4fb1e58de8eb3eb5.png

I'm sure the coverage is more a 2,5'max but basically the best i could find for the price and thats in stock.

Edited by BigBud