1000HILLS Nursery 2020 Project 1

1000Hills Nursery

1 hour ago, Mambawana said:

@DankFiend 

Well done on reaching the finish line window. The last lap is always the most stressful.

Pretty cool that you improving here and there in your set-up. Using the whole room will definitely help dial in conditions against PM etc.

RDWC rocks... just too many advantages that we all know... just make sure you have some plan to keep reservoir temps down even if people here tell you that it's not necessary. That was the main reason I stopped growing rdwc. 

Sorry about the outdoor plant and not having a copy. Don't worry plenty potential out there waiting for you in a another seed pack. My indoor flowering gals are doing well. They at day 39 already. I'm not too impressed with all the Barneys Farm genetics. Their trich development is mediocre except for 1 blue cheese and 1 gorilla zkittle which has decent trich coverage. All the blue cheese smell more berry like instead of the danky cheesey smell. The triple cheese are also not very danky smelling for a cheese strain. The Critical Kush by Barneys Farm looks like it's going to yield very well, it is definitely very kushy with a little bit of gas.

The 2:1 gorilla cbd by dinafem has crazy trichiome coverage... more then all the Barneys Farm strains. Pineapple skunk by HSO is portraying 2 phenos. The one I like is super fruity, unfortunately it has really broad leaves and looks like it will yield lower then average because of no penetration.

Last but not least are the safety meeting strain. I have 5 of them. 2 phenos been portrayed. Every single one is super frosty and very terpy. It's a bit of a problem cos I'm not sure which one is going to be the best of the lot until probably the smoke test so I have to keep copies of all of them around.

Will do a full grow diary around harvest...

my last run on dwc, in summer hurt, which is why I was waiting for winter. I ended u dropping bottles of frozen water into the Rez to bring temps down. Hoping winter an zircon will do the trick, otherwise will figure out some kind of chiller solution. as its just for three plants it should be doable. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DankFiend said:

my last run on dwc, in summer hurt, which is why I was waiting for winter. I ended u dropping bottles of frozen water into the Rez to bring temps down. Hoping winter an zircon will do the trick, otherwise will figure out some kind of chiller solution. as its just for three plants it should be doable. 

I remember those days. My wife use to fight with me for stealing all the freezer space with my frozen 2ltr bottles.

I once considered buying a 2nd hand electric water dispenser like what most offices have... stripping it to see what makes it tick and incorporate it in the system as a cheaper fit option.

Looking forward to seeing your rdwc build. I'm pretty sure you will be fine in winter. Judging by how you grow now it's clear we in for a treat💪

• Haha 1

Well done on this project @Mambawana  - gosh I really feel like a kid in a nappy running around and excited about these results you guys pull out of that Hat. Wow.

@Trinityfarm is cool for April, down in the diary! Gotta plan some of the activity, soz we can all beg whilst receiving, hahaha

The 1000Hills Nursery products are doing so damn stylish in the nursery with the new project lights run by the Atom450 powerstation!! There is one girl I am so impressed with, stretching like a fine basketball player.

Will post a story about the lights project on the board as it really delivered right off the bat and the planning and access from Pit-Industries as a special build for the Atom450. Light came to Trinity grow house in our attempt at recovering from that hail storm disaster in December.

Looking fwd to more pics @Mambawana    :-greenthumb

• Like 2

@420sake 

Just walking around Trinity Farm makes me feel like I'm in a movie or a documentary. Truly a dream come true, looking back at when I use to watch things like Strain Hunters I never thought for a second i would get that opportunity. And now you have the ability to keep plants in veg indefinitely if need be in the middle of nowhere completely off the grid! Well done. Just the other day it was only a thought. I think I've shared enough to tease. Will call you one of the dayz. 

Talking about Strain Hunters.. how did their Money Makers turn out?

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 12:59 AM, Mambawana said:

Didn't take pics of the male. Here's one about a week before his chop down

IMG_20200223_095941.thumb.jpg.fcf6d56fa13a2e1bb969bd6eff4c3b8d.jpg

Yo @Mambawana super stoked to wake up to this thread brotha!

That male looks nice man, good production by looks of it, and like you mentioned all the sisters are fire so he should pass along some of that, F1's rarely go wrong with a nice vigorous male.

Great to see the all the collaborations going on that side, getting excited to see what comes out, as well as wondering how my ol KushCookies at @Bospatrollie2 will stand alongside the fire you guys are busy with! 

• Like 1

@Dank 

The male was putting on flower clusters at super speed. Kept him on the other side of the property but the daily strong winds had me worried about getting pollen into the intake of my flower room so I chopped him very early. 

Going to @420sake farm to drop some new beanz from this run to see compatibility although I'm not expecting the best as the selections were done from too few plants. Although all this was good practice for things to come.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot @Mambawana , im down here in the garden route, will definitely want to do some collaborations with you guys in the future, im am there in the spirit for the 2020 projects bro, and just super stoked to see you guys putting in the work that is needed! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mambawana said:

@Dank 

The male was putting on flower clusters at super speed. Kept him on the other side of the property but the daily strong winds had me worried about getting pollen into the intake of my flower room so I chopped him very early. 

Going to @420sake farm to drop some new beanz from this run to see compatibility although I'm not expecting the best as the selections were done from too few plants. Although all this was good practice for things to come.

Awesome vigor, I dig those kind of male plants, whole plant doubles up in 2 weeks and makes flowers out of thin air it seems!

I also can't wait to germ some of my new selection!

Edited by Dank

@Dank 

When your beanz are ready we will drop some for you. And perhaps you could do the same... it will just help us all speed things up and have unbiased opinions on the gear.

So anyways a monkey broke a branch on my wedding cake cross. I dried the branch and dropped the seeds which were not entirely mature.

This is what happened.

IMG_20200225_232144.thumb.jpg.0cb7a5f8e8841337a080057f6ff3ff10.jpg

So if you have plenty beanz, drop some and cross your fingers😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mambawana said:

@Dank 

When your beanz are ready we will drop some for you. And perhaps you could do the same... it will just help us all speed things up and have unbiased opinions on the gear.

So anyways a monkey broke a branch on my wedding cake cross. I dried the branch and dropped the seeds which were not entirely mature.

This is what happened.

IMG_20200225_232144.thumb.jpg.0cb7a5f8e8841337a080057f6ff3ff10.jpg

So if you have plenty beanz, drop some and cross your fingers😀

Hehehe awesome sauce @Mambawana , your seeds don't seem to care about resting! 

And so Monkey's Wedding Cake was born!

For sure I am always keen to test out some new gear, most exciting thing in the world, weed testing! :-rolled

@420sake that sounds great man, breeding does take some foresight and a clear idea of where the strains need to go.

It seems that a lot of the strains going around SA at the moment is very susceptible to PM, local outdoor selections will us to create some very resistant plants over time.

• Like 1

• Dank pinned this topic

@Bospatrollie2 

Such a beautiful happy plant👏... can see she likes her daddy😀.

She generally is a nice plant to grow. If you veg her longer then 6 weeks she gives very good yields. She's a bit of a PM magnet. And also she sometimes throws a few nanners in her top buds just when she's almost ready to come down. I chop her before I see amber because those nanners freak me out. She's a real problem child at times... But when it's all done and you smoke her for the first time, you will know it was worth it. She's very glue leaning so high thc straight to the head:rastabanana

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CreX said:

Where's your trellis net? Rookie mistakes lead to bends and breaks!! 

That wasn't a rookie mistake. Was never gonna trellis dos plants. They were control plants that I've exposed to the elements on purpose. Not saying I wanted them to break but yeah it happened.

But I did trellis the important ones. My breeding gals and my experiment amnesia were unharmed. All still standing strong.

I did make a rookie mistake this grow... allowing  PM on the control plants when my intake to my flower room is close by... And now I have some spots of PM indoors...

• Like 1

Okay back to the breeding...

Let's start with a little more history. When it came to pollinating my amnesia and wedding cake cuts and trying to make sure nothing else gets seeded I decided to flip my male indoors and moved him outdoors to the opposite end of my property once flowering was initiated. I kept him around for a short while till he had lotsa clusters of pollen sacks all over. I then took the 2 ladies to him. Cut off his branches 1 at a time and gave them a nice spanking. Long story short because of this I have no idea how well seeded my ladies are besides the obvious visible seeds popping out of the calyxs.

So today I stole a little top from each of the ladies to see how well seeded they are and how far along are the seeds.

IMG_20200318_174932.thumb.jpg.9c68c8b78132631349786a13cc4d9149.jpg

Left: Amnesia x Safety Meeting

Right: Wedding Cake x Safety Meeting

Safety Meeting: Electric Watermelon x 9lb Hammer

Edited by Mambawana
  • Like 1