1000HILLS Nursery 2020 Project 1

1000Hills Nursery

Hi guys,

So my initial plans were to cross 4 of my best cuts with a Safety Meeting male (electric watermelon x 9lb Hammer) and a Pineapple Skunk male.

Gorilla Girl

Sweet Orange Cookies

Wedding Cake

Amnesia

All these cuts were individually selected from their respective packs over the years. Breeding was to be done in an indoor breeding chamber(1m x 1m tent). After some setbacks in other parts of my garden and not been able to slow the gals growth down, they ended up too big for the chamber. Between this and me obtaining some proper breeding stock for a more exciting project, I decided to carryout the breeding outdoors. Out of the 6pack of Safety Meeting I only found 1 male and the rest where gals. Out the pineapple skunk all were female. I was disappointed at first but the one male that I did find has really caught my eye. He just sticks out of the crowd of plants. He has great structure, stinky stem rub, short internodal spacing and doesn't stretch alot in flower. Couple this with the fact that his 5 sisters that are currently in flower are absolute 🔥 . They portraying 2 different phenos that I'm going to have to eventually take them to the final smoke test to see who gets to stay. Unfortunately I was not able to flower the male out and harvested him for his pollen when he was like 3 weeks into flowering because didn't want him seeding everything. I manually pollinated 2 plants

Wedding Cake

Amnesia

• Like 2

I think it's been about a month since pollination. The 2 plants are really well seeded. Seeds are starting to splitt out their calyxs...  

Next update will be bud shots of all the plants involved in this project including the safety meeting females so we can gauge  compatibility...

Until then :-peace

• Like 3

Cool man, thats almost like a
''humble beginnings'' story.
She's all grown up now, giving my ''Fruitpunch'' a run for the money..hehe.
I'll post a pic later on.
If she had more time to veg, she would have been a dank frosty monster.....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@Bospatrollie2 

How's mid April for our next meet up?

Exchange some new flavours...

Spend some solid time on the farm rubbing all the gals up the wrong way😎... 

@420sake 

Trinity Farm rocks brother!!! Looking forward to our canna session together and tasting all the new stuff coming down right now... 

@GummyQueen 

Mrs Mambawana loves the new gummy flavours👏. And as for the chocolates... wow... luckily I ate 1/2 piece as recommended and not acted too brave. That half was enough to keep me floating for hours...

@420sake feel free to post any pics here... our work even on an individual basis is related. I'll post some pics soon of your landrace cut I have. She's just kicked in flower and is an absolute beaut...

#southoftheburg

#kzncolabs

#durbanhunt2020

🔥🔥🔥

• Like 2

just did an update. the one blue cheese is still not done - the more cheese leaning one (annoyed by that).  the one I chopped is pretty nice tasting (more on the berry side) and has a easy high (nice mix of cheese and berry in that respect). filled three and half console jars, but there is a fair bit of shit that didn't get enough light - which answers a question I had a about the extent of fluence lights penetration of the canopy. Still it's a good light and I didn't do badly overall (which means I can take my time sorting the new set up). The outdoor sorbet yield was good, and a bud I took early tasted like its going to be special. A bit annoyed now, because I don't have a clone of it or the other stand out phenotype I found among the stuff I grew indoor. 

Im still figuring out if I want to go RDWC or something else next, but the next challenged is figuring out how I light proof the the room. ill ask for advice with that. Hows your blue cheese looking?

• Like 2

@DankFiend 

Well done on reaching the finish line window. The last lap is always the most stressful.

Pretty cool that you improving here and there in your set-up. Using the whole room will definitely help dial in conditions against PM etc.

RDWC rocks... just too many advantages that we all know... just make sure you have some plan to keep reservoir temps down even if people here tell you that it's not necessary. That was the main reason I stopped growing rdwc. 

Sorry about the outdoor plant and not having a copy. Don't worry plenty potential out there waiting for you in a another seed pack. My indoor flowering gals are doing well. They at day 39 already. I'm not too impressed with all the Barneys Farm genetics. Their trich development is mediocre except for 1 blue cheese and 1 gorilla zkittle which has decent trich coverage. All the blue cheese smell more berry like instead of the danky cheesey smell. The triple cheese are also not very danky smelling for a cheese strain. The Critical Kush by Barneys Farm looks like it's going to yield very well, it is definitely very kushy with a little bit of gas.

The 2:1 gorilla cbd by dinafem has crazy trichiome coverage... more then all the Barneys Farm strains. Pineapple skunk by HSO is portraying 2 phenos. The one I like is super fruity, unfortunately it has really broad leaves and looks like it will yield lower then average because of no penetration.

Last but not least are the safety meeting strain. I have 5 of them. 2 phenos been portrayed. Every single one is super frosty and very terpy. It's a bit of a problem cos I'm not sure which one is going to be the best of the lot until probably the smoke test so I have to keep copies of all of them around.

Will do a full grow diary around harvest...

• Like 2

• Dank pinned this topic