Smoke Safely

NinjaMaster

Hey guys,

thought id open up this subject about having full on panic attacks / paranoid episodes from bong rips or joints.
If anyone cares to chime in please do. My advice - as ive been dealing with this for years is:

Dont smoke large amounts. If its your first smoke for the day / week / month. Go Easy.
take 1 small puff. or 1/4 bong only. dont fill that bong up all the way and pull it through.
you will end up in a corner shaking regretting your life...

i have extreme anxiety attacks from weed if i do it wrong.
on a typical day of smoking ill start with 1 small puff. so small you might wonder why i bother?
because the next hit in like 30 mins to 1 hour is gonna be a bigger puff.
after puffing consistently for an hour or 2 with small little hits / puffs ill start to go bigger each time until that afternoon im ripping the whole bong packed full.
you gotta ease into it kinda. this works for me. i think that the anxiety comes from overdoing it. same way as you would puke from drinking too much.
if you having panic attacks then i would strongly suggest you greatly reduce how much you smoke. you can still smoke. but just do silly small hits.

Essentially - if you take too much medicine from a doctor - its bad for you. it can have a reaction.
weed is the same. too much THC = trembling and hating your life. you dont have to pack your bong full. you dont have to finish the whole joint. its ok to have 1 small pull. everyone is different. some people can handle THC with no problem. some cant.

This is a repost i did on another weed related site. but i felt that id like to share with my ZA BOIS.

• Like 3

I had a panic attack once from weed and literally thought I was going to die. I had a cold shower, tremble in my leg, spasms and went to bed quietly thinking this is it, YOU are going to die. I thought of waking up my GF, but decided against it. Went to bed thinking WTF, this is it, tomorrow is not going to be just another day. I still rate that weed was laced with something, not to sure, but it was the worst trip of my life.

Smoking safely: I would also suggest people must get out of the habit of sharing bongs and joints. It spreads so many lung diseases we dont even realize. There is me say that and last night I hit a vape in a pub from someone who was from Colorado and said it was good THC. Lol. Advice is always great but following it is another story.

• Like 2

Ive had the "Im going to die" trip from smoking too much strong weed.
Ive had the I cant breathe - im definitely gonna die as well.
My weed was definitely not laced however - as i grew it myself.

I think its always a good idea to be real and stick to smoking a little bit at first. see how you feel. and then have some more. you can always have more. but you cant go back and undo a massive bong hit.

• Like 2

Shit @NinjaMaster , do you have any seeds from that :-greenthumb sounds like the bombay dog!!!

Assuming this is not caused by moldy weed, which is what happens a lot of the time to people, here are a few tips from a old puffer.

Remember to breathe, this is why you smoked that potent herb, to get the thc through the system, then tell yourself its legal so you wont end up arrested, at the same time remind yourself nobody has died from weed. 

Then grab a nice LEMON, a glass of some nice water, squeeze about half a lemon into the glass, gooi in a half a teaspoon of salt, stir it up well and drink up.

This is also for people that get too baked on edibles.

What usually happens is your blood pressure is dropping like a rock, irregular breathing or some other things that your system needs to process, for some reason lemon water with salt works like a charm.

Advice is from edible users Colorado USA  8-) where i first heard it

Edited by Dank
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Dank said:

Shit @NinjaMaster , do you have any seeds from that :-greenthumb sounds like the bombay dog!!!

Assuming this is not caused by moldy weed, which is what happens a lot of the time to people, here are a few tips from a old puffer.

Remember to breathe, this is why you smoked that potent herb, to get the thc through the system, then tell yourself its legal so you wont end up arrested, at the same time remind yourself nobody has died from weed. 

Then grab a nice LEMON, a glass of some nice water, squeeze about half a lemon into the glass, gooi in a half a teaspoon of salt, stir it up well and drink up.

This is also for people that get too baked on edibles.

What usually happens is your blood pressure is dropping like a rock, irregular breathing or some other things that your system needs to process, for some reason lemon water with salt works like a charm.

Excellent advice!
One thing i can add - for some reason - having a solid stretching session always seems to help as well. 
If you feel shit after too much toke - try going for a solid 15 minute stretch session if you can. hold the stretches for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Doesnt matter what position / body part you stretch. just find something that needs a good stretch and do it.

And yeah - for 100% sure my weed has no mould and i have very good ventilation. I always inspect my weed for mould when watering and harvesting.

Edited by NinjaMaster
  • Like 3

It happens to so many people that I think a user has to be really naive to think that weed has nothing to do with panic attacks and paranoia but I personally don't think weed is the direct cause. I reckon its a person's mind and their ego.

To me cannabis multiplies an emotion. If you're happy, cannabis will make it even better. If you're chilled, cannabis will make you more chilled. If you're worried about something, cannabis will make you even more worried about it to the point that you can't breathe. If you think that you're gonna die, cannabis will make you feel pretty damn convinced that you will. 

Cannabis is a mild psychedelic. The very same things happen to people who've had bad trips on acid, thinking they're dying, can't breathe etc. You're wrestling with your ego and that's where the panic attacks come in. You have to be in the right mind space. If you can just calm your mind or get your mind off those negative thoughts you'll notice how you come right again. 

I've experienced the very same things, especially where breathing is concerned. Also times when I feel like I'm gonna pass out. This always happens when I'm sitting and not doing much. If I'm out being mobile it never happens. Which to me shows me that it's in my mind

Just my :-2cents

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Well said!

Brand new users should slowly build up tolerance to more potent hybrids, tolerance is something that can only be gained over time.

Some people won't enjoy the high thc strains and much prefer the CBD dominant varieties.

Edited by Dank
  • Like 2

Eishhh.... heard too many similar stories.
As a first time smoker, just ease into it. Take one or a few small puffs at first and wait for the effects, then decide if you need more.
Edibles are a little different cause it takes longer to get into your system, that's where noobs make the mistake, they don't wait long enough and end up having too many.
It's a question of dosage and tolerance.

One thing that pisses me off when ''experienced'' smokers hand a noob a joint or a bong and tell them to ''hit'' it and the poor oke gets next level stoned/NDE.
Everybody has the freedom to choose but they get put off totally when the first experience is over the top.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Agree 3

Did not read all the posts, although I find this quite interesting.

I have had friends who have struggled with paranoia and cannabis, not panic attacks though.

I have had a friend of mine pass out after smoking and seen another person pass out after vaping some decent indoor weed I had... The latter was directly after eating some food I cooked so I thought he perhaps was having an allergic reaction or something - got me worried actually.

I have experienced some paranoia although I know that it stems from the weed and I am able to manage it, never had a panic attack from weed though.

The worst experience was probably eating edible when I was sick and at a party and had flu, I felt bad and ended up throwing up.

I read an article about weed being mature vs immature and the affects one with regards to REM sleep and anxiety & paranoia etc.

Dabbled with it slightly and from what I was able to tell it did seem to increase (paranoia, anxiety, feeling groggy the next morning) with weed which had not matured.

I will also be curious as to how someone experiencing some paranoia or anxiety would feel after smoking a good high CBD strain or a CBD strain with less than 1% THC as I find this does calm one down quite heavily and relax someone. I have some high CBD, low THC bud but don't really suffer from this issue so been hard for me to test it properly however I know that @CreX also found that smoking a high CBD, low THC strain first and then moving onto the high THC stuff helped him avoid paranoia / anxiety. Perhaps he can share more of his experience and what it did for him etc.

I do believe that cannabis, like other psychoactive substances, is affected by mindset and your setting. It may be more inclined to push you more into one direction (positive), however can certainly push you in the other even without you noticing or by having some stuff sitting in your sub-conscious.

• Like 3

hehe I remember  as teenagers we would always challenge each other to see who has the highest tolerance lol, then once passed the point of no return you would get greenies or yellow fever as we called it, we had some friend who thought they could smoke , a nice indoor cheese in a fat bong took many guys out, first cold sweats, face color changing like a chameleon, cant stand eventually,puke and be crippled for the next few hours, I have even seen someone have like a seizure / low bloods pass out and wake up like nothing happened.

Much older now 30's, tolerance is very high, I remember smoking a moon rock in a bong a while back, that was like taking a hit of crack lol, I have never done crack, my eyes will spinning like a slot machine was really strong but, after a while tolerance builds ups, I found I was always chasing a stronger high that I could never go back to, I decided no more moon rocks or dabs as it was going to another level.

I just hit Js and odd bong now.

Funny story the other day we went for a Boys day fishing at the vaal, our one buddy who is not a stoner or smoker  who always take a puff or 2 of our joints(indoor) while fishing with us would not really ever get stoned we made sure he was inhaling it properly but the effects never really seemed to get to him ( fitness freak) we tried many times over the years.

Soo long story short, we were on the road at 3 am, me and my buddy surprised him with some edibles (first time) I bought some gummies 100 mg and my buddy brought a  brownie, gave him half the gums ( 50mg) and he had half of the brownie,  once we reached the vaal, we had to drive on a dirt farm road for 40ish KM to get to our fishing spot, he was sitting in the backseat of the double cab, we noticed he was really quite we looked back to see him with a smile from ear to ear, he was on a space rocket ride lol and was laughing his head off the whole time, enjoying every second of being proper goofed for the first time, this put me and my bud in such a great vibe, we were super amped to get fishing, got to our sopt around half 5 in the morning, fresh cold air, water looking like glass, set up gear and ready to cast, awesome ! Our buddy mumbled to us that he don't think he can cast his bait properly, he casted like 20 meters we giggled at him and he sat down on his chair...... and that was the end of him, he never got up again KO........ eventually he was not looking too good we bucketed him over the head with cold water, kind of woke him up a little bit, forced him to try and eat something, had a few bites out KO again lol only woke up when we got to the wimpy, a cheese burger and coffee shake fixed him up , he said he should of just stayed at home cause he never got to fish lol, me and my buddy caught loads of fish. Turns out my buddies brownie was like 500MG so we did the maths, 50MG+250MG is what raped his soul, he had the gummies first so I think that why he was enjoying it soo much until the 250MG kicked him in his P.....s lol

We tease him every time we see him, and I always send him pics of new edibles acquired and tell him to come get his breakfast lol, we all laugh together like small children :)

Cant wait for our next fishing trip and a lower dose for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Did not read all the posts, although I find this quite interesting.

I have had friends who have struggled with paranoia and cannabis, not panic attacks though.

I have had a friend of mine pass out after smoking and seen another person pass out after vaping some decent indoor weed I had... The latter was directly after eating some food I cooked so I thought he perhaps was having an allergic reaction or something - got me worried actually.

I have experienced some paranoia although I know that it stems from the weed and I am able to manage it, never had a panic attack from weed though.

The worst experience was probably eating edible when I was sick and at a party and had flu, I felt bad and ended up throwing up.

I read an article about weed being mature vs immature and the affects one with regards to REM sleep and anxiety & paranoia etc.

Dabbled with it slightly and from what I was able to tell it did seem to increase (paranoia, anxiety, feeling groggy the next morning) with weed which had not matured.

I will also be curious as to how someone experiencing some paranoia or anxiety would feel after smoking a good high CBD strain or a CBD strain with less than 1% THC as I find this does calm one down quite heavily and relax someone. I have some high CBD, low THC bud but don't really suffer from this issue so been hard for me to test it properly however I know that @CreX also found that smoking a high CBD, low THC strain first and then moving onto the high THC stuff helped him avoid paranoia / anxiety. Perhaps he can share more of his experience and what it did for him etc.

I do believe that cannabis, like other psychoactive substances, is affected by mindset and your setting. It may be more inclined to push you more into one direction (positive), however can certainly push you in the other even without you noticing or by having some stuff sitting in your sub-conscious.

Hey man,

Ive smoked a High CBD 18% and High THC 22%
CBD Cream and cheese.
always did me right. never gave me anxiety or anything.
However, i had 3 plants. only one of them had the desirable effects. so i assume that the others where not as high in CBD.
I am currently growing a High CBD Charlottes Angel Fem. less than 1% THC and over 18% CBD i think it was. Quite excited to see how that one does. not smoking it to get high, but will be more to relax and feel good.

2 hours ago, NinjaMaster said:

Hey man,

Ive smoked a High CBD 18% and High THC 22%
CBD Cream and cheese.
always did me right. never gave me anxiety or anything.
However, i had 3 plants. only one of them had the desirable effects. so i assume that the others where not as high in CBD.
I am currently growing a High CBD Charlottes Angel Fem. less than 1% THC and over 18% CBD i think it was. Quite excited to see how that one does. not smoking it to get high, but will be more to relax and feel good.

Charlottes Angel is what I grew and have tried so far in terms of low THC.

I also grew a 1:1 high CBD strain.

Once the Charlottes Angel is ready, perhaps you'd be willing to try smoking some Charlottes Angel then 30 min later take a larger than your usual hit of a high THC strain which you know normally makes you anxious or paranoid and let us know whether the CBD strain helps prevent the negative sides? 😄 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Charlottes Angel is what I grew and have tried so far in terms of low THC.

I also grew a 1:1 high CBD strain.

Once the Charlottes Angel is ready, perhaps you'd be willing to try smoking some Charlottes Angel then 30 min later take a larger than your usual hit of a high THC strain which you know normally makes you anxious or paranoid and let us know whether the CBD strain helps prevent the negative sides? 😄 

Hey,

Actually i was planning to do exactly as you suggest.
Ive been down the anxiety path many times. im not scared to take it again to try this out.
But i also thought i would like to try mixing the High cbd with a high THC - maul it up nicely and bong it as hard as i can to see what happens lol

• Like 2

You can also take the CBD strain after, or before and after the high thc bud. @NinjaMaster

I look after a high cbd mother plant, whenever I have tested bud from her it leaves me stone sober, then I have to quickly roll up a more potent one.

:-rolled:-flyinghi

It has to do with your endo canabanoid system, load enough CBD it overrides some of the THC effects.

Edited by Dank

Guys for anyone interested, I found an amazing 1:1 cbd pheno. I couldn't understand this strain at first. Breeder stated +-6%CBD/THC. It feels like it's hitting you hard. What it actually does is gives your complete body a mild anaesthetic. Takes all my pain away. Even a tooth ache I had. It smells like pink grapefruit. Tastes like green apples/grapes. Yields great and fades like a beaut. I entered a pic of her in the January competition. 

Calling to all those that have something to share. Let's start sending each other some cuts like this gal.

I'm running her outdoor as well atm to see how she fairs.

IMG_20200223_152827.thumb.jpg.4be2ed31482720b91e044b6f44033d54.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dank said:

@Mambawana  have you ever sent her bud to the lab to get analyzed.

Mine tested out at about 3:1 ratio, very high in the CBD.

What breeders advertise concerning CBD and what the lab test says is usually a lot different. 

Still very hard to lock down high cbd traits with breeding.

I agree. It's just not possible for breeders to be able to lock down on the stated 1:1 & have it show itself across the board.

Haven't ever sent any of my stuff to a lab. I've been thinking of buying one of the test kits to assist more for selection purposes, just not sure which one would be the best buy.

I tried sending you a PM but there seems to be an issue with my phone or the mobile site as it says 'cannot send message to dank'😂.

I wanted to tell you about what's happening on the breeding side of things for me and some plans for the near future. 

When the messenger feature decides to work I will elaborate

🔥🔥🔥...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mambawana said:

I agree. It's just not possible for breeders to be able to lock down on the stated 1:1 & have it show itself across the board.

Haven't ever sent any of my stuff to a lab. I've been thinking of buying one of the test kits to assist more for selection purposes, just not sure which one would be the best buy.

I tried sending you a PM but there seems to be an issue with my phone or the mobile site as it says 'cannot send message to dank'😂.

I wanted to tell you about what's happening on the breeding side of things for me and some plans for the near future. 

When the messenger feature decides to work I will elaborate

🔥🔥🔥...

If you want one of those devices which test THC / CBD, do a looot of research first. Majority of them are not very accurate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I'll make a plan to get some cuts or s1 beans out to the forum members, was tested in a lab by the folks that asked me too look after it.

It's good medicine and I will be happy to share the genetics here.

Testing is a costly biz, better to get a cut that's been tested.

@Mambawana I dropped u a message, should be in your inbox.

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1