Your thoughts on autoflowers?

THCSA

I personally love Autos, I know from seed to harvest (outdoor), it will take me about 3ish months to get there, it is mostly fool proof. Key growing points for me is get it into its final pot as soon as possible, apply LST as soon as you can, having proper feeding schedule with the right nutrient's and light defoliation if needed.

I had some nice results already, harvested 3 white cheeses already, not monster plants but filled up a few jars , nothing can beat homegrown and properly cured bud, it really woke me up after all these years of buying from guys, this outdoor has the same if not more trichomes than the R150 a gram " Local indoor" that is sold around  and the taste was not far off, I could roast this everyday.

My personal fav Auto seeds is from dinafem, every seed I ever planted sprouted, I don't even presoak the seed, just make a 1 or 2 cm hole with your finger, drop the seed in and cover with your chosen medium, a shot glass of Tap water everyday until it pops.

Dinafem genetics is stable from what I have grown and seen others grow(indoor), slight differences in Phenos traits, good resistance to mold and bugs, generally foolproof if you follow instructions; my Fav is so far is def white cheese and Gorilla.

I need to order more seed asap!

I have started my next run of Autos already I got 2 seedsman NL and 3 Advanced seeds pineapple glue grown with Bio Leaf coco mix ,outdoors in 8 lt Pots cant wait already :)

Nice thing about autos is that they do not get too big, I can freely move them around depending where the best sunlight is and can also move them out of harms way ( hail, rain, pets.....

It is ideal for beginners and in expert hands can get some very surprising results in min time.

Best Regards

• Like 1

Yup agreed the yield is average most of the times , the  cheap prices and varieties you get now days is mind blowing, you do find 1 special seed every now and then like the lottery , it has taught me loads about plants, I will prob eventually progress to indoor, jealous of buddies having mega dank harvests, I think is relatively low cost and less maintenance compared to indoor, I got some fem Grand daddy Purps Fem just waiting for me get some decent lights lol cant  wait for the whole 9 yards  Lst, topping, and netting, I know more or less just what to do I think, must just figure out PH parts

Ja, also don't see any use for indoor. Outdoor, it is nice to be able to harvest a few different varieties to taste while waiting patiently for the photo's

Have only grown a few and an autoflower plant was one of my first plants. What I like about auto's, it's a crash course on cannabis growing.

You need to be on point when growing an auto otherwise yield and size will suffer.

Dabbled with a few indoor, genetics play a large role as well. Potency has improved but can't compare to photoperiods, they're handy and have some use for sure.

With time I am sure they will become even better and more stable. I like to use them in my veg tent when waiting for flower tent to finish - try optimize space and time.
Outdoor their use is even better as you can get a harvest done quicker.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My kinda thread 😁

Autos have some advantages.. and some disadvantages ( at least I got told hehehe)

I grew a few and, me, I love autos. 

My opinion advantages/disadvantages of Autoflower

Disadvantage

- Got told they taste less good as they grow less long (that is on the list to get tested)

- Not a beginner plant, every fuck up will lower your yield substantially, the plant demands perfect growing conditions all the time

Advantages

1 Tent for all generations (18/6, 20/4. 24/0 fix light cycle)

You can grow a bigger selection on the same space

I get a lot more yield from Autos in relation of the fertilizer I put into the plant (cheaper weed)

A lot less maintenance work (watering, defoiling) and easier handling of the plants 

First batch outdoor Autos you plant in October comes 100% without seeds as no males out flowering before the harvest. 

Over all I like the simplicity of the plant. No light changes, every 2 days 1 liter of water in my 11L pots. I have to grow 12 Autos, to reach the fertilizer consumption of one of my outdoor fems. If they don't yield at least 600g dry, my fem will lose the yield battle.. and that is with a lousy 50g dry calculation per Auto.. we reached on the last 19 Autos we harvested.. friend and myself, an average of 80g dry per plant.. we take that number, fem has to reach over 900g dry if the fertilizer i put into both, are the same amount. An Auto uses about 215ml fertilizer total during her life cycle, one of my outdoor fems stands on around 2865ml per life cycle... quite a bit hehehe (using Bio Bizz.. so fucking expensive 😁)

I only plant Fems these days, if I can't get the Auto version of the plant.

• Like 2