Thrip control in flower

DankFiend

So I got a thrips problem. I can probably leave it, but I would like to at least make an attempt to not lose too much of a yield. Predatory mites were suggested and they seem to me a good option. there is a thing called Thripex that I want to try. Anyone used it? Know where I can buy some?

• Like 1

You can use Amblyseius swirskii mites which feed on the young stages of Thrips. I've got some on the way from Livingseeds.co.za, but they do take a while to get here once ordered, about 15 business days. So if you're in late flower it's probably going to be too late. Otherwise you can also find some Stinkwoods and try bring in some Lady Bugs from it. I sometimes steal a few of the young ladybugs to help control a bit, but other than that - yellow sticky traps can help as we as BioInsek (Beauveria Bassiana) which can be used in flower (it's a biological insecticide).

Thrips are pissing me off at the moment too...

• Like 2

Yellow stickystrips for sure, @DankFiend @trichomechaser , u get predator plants that specifically target gnats and thrips, however caring for them is a hobby in itself.

The predator plants do well with a 12/12 light cycle, but they do require some direct light From the lights, making it tricky and perhaps not ideal for some growers.

Best of luck :-greenthumb

Edited by Dank
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Eco insect control spayed 3 times over 10 days has eliminated the fuckers on my plant. Its sold by efekto and i found it at Stodels, for R230.

The active ingredient is called Spinosad and it has also stopped the fungus gnats from taking over. I also hang up those cheapo sticky fly traps, as an extra defensive measure.