MPK during flower

SAgrower

Question

Hi everyone,

I just have a quick question regarding MPK during flower. Do you feed the plants daily during the week, or once weekly? I received a spreadsheet from the hydro shop but cant figure out if its a daily feed or weekly?

I have 3 plants in flower and they should get 4ml MPK now but I obviously dont want to give it daily only to cause issues with the plants.

Thanks for the assistance.

10 answers to this question

What medium are you using?

Coco? Hydro? Soil?

If coco or soil, I feed nutes when required. With coco I quite like fertigation (constant watering, before the coco is allowed to dry out too much... generally multiple times per day).

Soil it will vary, but I find I tend to water a flowering plant every 2 to 3 days in a 20L fabric pot.

For hydro, well, only when needed.

I also dislike using ml for nutes, rather look at getting an EC pen and start measuring and mixing nutes according to the EC or PPM. You will have better control over what your plants are getting.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

What medium are you using?
Coco? Hydro? Soil?

If coco or soil, I feed nutes when required. With coco I quite like fertigation (constant watering, before the coco is allowed to dry out too much... generally multiple times per day).
Soil it will vary, but I find I tend to water a flowering plant every 2 to 3 days in a 20L fabric pot.
For hydro, well, only when needed.

I also dislike using ml for nutes, rather look at getting an EC pen and start measuring and mixing nutes according to the EC or PPM. You will have better control over what your plants are getting.
My apologies, should have mentioned they are in 20L fabric pots in freedom farm soil.

I currently feed my plants once a week and they look very healthy so was just wondering if the mpk should be fed every day once fully in flower or to just continue as is.

I will be acquiring the EC, PH etc meters in this year after this grow as funds were a bit limited after buying seeds, pots and soil.

Thank you for the advice regarding the EC reading, I will definitely do it with my next grow.
  • Like 1

Have any pics of the plants?
I will take some pictures today of each tree and start a journal of some sorts. The internet is very intermittent the last day or say.

I have created an entire thread only for it not to be posted as the internet went off in the time of hitting the send button.

Here are just some pictures I recently took.

These are 3 I flipped recently. Wedding gelato, lemon haze and a sour grape. These 3 were forced into flower on 10 January 2020

The purple one was a Elixer cbd auto which was harvested in December and is busy curing.7a870510b49a9d016c8a575168e1eecc.jpg342aafac5eec03f29f768564c209a444.jpg46ff99dd4052acd9f0d16f8dbce02b47.jpg4f639e558f7f5b8faf3f708b72ba2809.jpg3798f1ad432aedbdc0ed80d339ac5b2b.jpg3e54ddac5dc193aadbdf32e4edc75fab.jpg
  • Like 2

Your plants look happy, although the cupping of the leaves on that auto is not ideal but that has been harvested anyways.
The cupping of the leaves started after I flushed and stopped with the nutrients. Should it not look like that after the flush?

If not how can I prevent it or why does it happen?