Humidity inside the jar

Naughty.Psychonaut

Bidorbuy is the easiest option, it's where I got majority of mine.

They have those rectangular ones and some circular ones - comes down to personal preference as to which you prefer.

If your jar lid is metal, you can even cut a hole into the lid and use silicone to secure the hygrometer to the lid if you'd like.

Awesome, thanks man! I was hoping to find a shop that stock them, been looking for a while now and each time I get pointed at buying them online. Guess I'll just have to do it..

That's a pretty cool idea, securing the hygrometer on the lid of the jar. I'll maybe do one or two like that, but I love uniformity and got myself around 70 of the same jars and I don't even wana think about fixing them all up like that, but thanks anyway for the idea! Definitly will do atleast one like that hahah 

• 2 weeks later...

Why bother... dry it, pack it in a jar, add a bovida 62% and done 😆 .. whats is the humidity inside.. 62% 😋 need no hydrometer for that. After 9 month you have a smoke, you can't compare it to what you put in.

The bags go both ways.. to wet they dry, to dry they re-moist. I thought these days everybody uses Bovida bags.. curing is such a mission without 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prom said:

Why bother... dry it, pack it in a jar, add a bovida 62% and done 😆 .. whats is the humidity inside.. 62% 😋 need no hydrometer for that. After 9 month you have a smoke, you can't compare it to what you put in.

The bags go both ways.. to wet they dry, to dry they re-moist. I thought these days everybody uses Bovida bags.. curing is such a mission 

It's not feasible for some as the amount of packs required would be totally ridiculous.

Cheaper to buy a few hygrometers to use as a guide and before long you will get the hang of knowing when to stop the drying process. The curing part requires very little input. 

Long term storage with bovidas I can imagine is superior. Unfortunately none of my weed make it to the long term storage container.:rastabanana

Weed is like wine.. you store and cure it, it will improve in taste and smoke quality tremendously. Seriously, is like day and night. All weed I smoke, is at least 2 months cured.

Those Bovida bags I bought once, 5 years ago... and use the same since. If a bag gets "grainy" from the crystallized salts, the bag(s) get their own vacuum container with a little cotton ball wet with water. When the bags are nice and elastic again,  they go into the normal vacuum storage jar with the others and moisten out evenly over the next month till I use them again.

So 5 years ago I invested something like 1000 Rand into bags and use them since.. 200 Rand a year, isn't really a wallet cruncher 😁 I blow 1000 Rand a month fertilizer into my plants.. is a huge waste not to cure that or you smoke your own nutrition's. Like good wine.. if you don't let it stand and ripe in perfect conditions, your 200$ bottle of wine is just vinegar in the beginning, after the right amount of time, you get a unbelievable smooth and tasty experience. Cure your weed!

I think the drying and curing process is the most neglected tasks by most growers.. and has the biggest impact on your buds taste. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Prom said:

Weed is like wine.. you store and cure it, it will improve in taste and smoke quality tremendously. Seriously, is like day and night. All weed I smoke, is at least 2 months cured.

Those Bovida bags I bought once, 5 years ago... and use the same since. If a bag gets "grainy" from the crystallized salts, the bag(s) get their own vacuum container with a little cotton ball wet with water. When the bags are nice and elastic again,  they go into the normal vacuum storage jar with the others and moisten out evenly over the next month till I use them again.

So 5 years ago I invested something like 1000 Rand into bags and use them since.. 200 Rand a year, isn't really a wallet cruncher 😁 I blow 1000 Rand a month fertilizer into my plants.. is a huge waste not to cure that or you smoke your own nutrition's. Like good wine.. if you don't let it stand and ripe in perfect conditions, your 200$ bottle of wine is just vinegar in the beginning, after the right amount of time, you get a unbelievable smooth and tasty experience. Cure your weed!

I think the drying and curing process is the most neglected tasks by most growers.. and has the biggest impact on your buds taste. 

I must give this a try sometime!

Thanks for the advice!! The only reason I asked where to get them is because I couldn't find them as easily as I hope, luckily I got 10 for only R300 online! Bovedas we get anywhere, I know all about those little humidity regulator packs, they just don't tell you the humidity. I would have to say that is the biggest reason at the moment, for me, why I'm asking for the one and not the other. We all cure differently and in those first few weeks of burping the jar I would like to monitor what is actually going on in there. I feel it's a little more reassuring. Once I pack them away for long term storage there would be no need to monitor it, by then I'll have just a boveda pack in there and take out the hygrometer and use it for the next few jars that are being burped. I'll never pack a hygrometer in a long term storage jar so wont need a 1000 of them. 

• Like 2

So 5 years ago I invested something like 1000 Rand into bags and use them since.. 200 Rand a year, isn't really a wallet cruncher  I blow 1000 Rand a month fertilizer into my plants.. is a huge waste not to cure that or you smoke your own nutrition's. Like good wine.. if you don't let it stand and ripe in perfect conditions, your 200$ bottle of wine is just vinegar in the beginning, after the right amount of time, you get a unbelievable smooth and tasty experience. Cure your weed!

Agree whole heartedly.
Properly cured is the best.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A good cure makes all the difference. Have been very impressed with Boveda packs. The little ones are great for in my daily smoke jar or bankie. Also seen people using them to test/calibrate their hygrometers. Been selling them for a few months and had no complaints, but understand how it's not always affordable or accessible for everyone. So did this guide about Boveda in SA and where to buy retail and wholesale.

https://thehighco.co.za/boveda-available-in-south-africa/

• Like 1

I got a bunch of these hygrometers from wish for next to nothing but then the wait. 

I believe I saw them at hydroponic.co.za 

Since I read that boveda packs takes some of the terps I stopped using them but hey I'm not too sure that they actually affect the terps