HOW TO CLONE THE 4207365 WAY

Dabtzar

4207365's Cloning tutorial

Ok so I am not claiming this is the best way to clone.

Im not saying I am the clone master.

But I want to share with you my method of cloning.

Lemme break it down for you .

Ok so these are the parameters of my set-up:

Light: excess lighting from 450w CFL/Induction

Temps: 24-28 constant.

RH: Varies in the dome as the days tick by

What you need:

- Jiffy 41mm cubes/ Rockwool starter cubes

- Scalple blade

- Gloves

- Rooting Hormone #1 powder

- Humidome

BEFORE WE START I MUST EMPHISIS CLENLINESS WITH THIS OPERATION.

THE CLEANER YOUR TOOLS, WORK STATION, POTS, HUMIDOME, SCISSORS ARE THE BETTER SUCCESS RATE YIOU WILL HAVE. THATS JUST MY STYLE.

USE H202 TO CLEAN EVERYTHING.

Step one:

xjCeaaL.jpg

SGxjxoM.jpg

Get yourself some Jiffy 41mm pellets or Rockwool starter cubes.

For this tutorial ill be using Jiffy 41's.

Put them into a tub of water to soak. They will expand to about 40-50mm.

PLhHxkC.jpg

Step 2:

dLbH2im.jpg

After about +-5min the would of swelled to there full size.

Give them a gentle squeeze, to get rid of the excess water, you dont want it to be drenched.

But remember to keep the uniform shape and not let the cube break up.

Step 3:

t05XOq5.jpg

- Make the hole in the centre more uniform with either a skewer or screwdriver (MAKE SURE IT IS CLEAN)

- I put them into net pots, but thats just because of my set up. You just put them onto the bottom of the propagator.

NadH6Cq.jpg

Step 4

- Now that you have prepared the cubes, time to prep the rooting hormone and mother plant for cuttings.

- Pour some rooting hormone onto the table or a piece of paper, so you are able to roll the cuting in it the powder. (probably over kill, but just to make sure).

RW7Eu6o.jpg

GfkAdOM.jpg

- The mother plant is where you will get your cuttings from. You should take cuttings from just above a node, as to

let the auxillary shoot grow out once the clone has been removed.

NmIrno0.jpg

yB4wtRn.jpg

- I put the cuttings into a bottle filled with water to stop an air block/ bubble travelling up the stem, ultimately killing your clone.

- Now you can put your mother back into the veg room. Maybe do a little more trimming in order keep her the same level. And by doing this you will also encourage growth lower down on the plant. Which will be your next batch of clones.

Step 5

- Now I take the cutting clean up the bottom a bit by removing any fan leaves or auxiliary shoots.

- Cut the end at a 45degree angle exposing the xylem more and giving more surface area for the rooting hormone to be absorbed. ( People have cloned with out powder or and hormone, simply on its own)

- I then roll and dip the bottom of the cutting in the powder. Making sure to cover the bottom nicely.

nhrcrN6.jpg

Step 6

aaQIIFN.jpg

eiauH6d.jpg

- Gently push the cutting into the cube till you feel a bit of resistance.

- Then gently squeeze the coco around the top of the stem, closing it to any light that might get in and making a small humid environment around the area where you want roots to pop out.

Step 7

- Now place your cutting into your humidome gently. Space them out so they not crowding the space inside and that there leaves are not on top of each other.

- You now need to spray the leaves with the spray gun, make them nice and moist. Remember that the clone can no longer take up water from its root, so you have to foliar feed it for a few days till it shoots some roots.

- Every morning and evening (+-12hrs) I open the lid, completely removing it to get new fresh oxygen into the dome. And I give them a nice spray with the water. Don't spray too much, as you will soak the cube and it wont root as quick. The excess water off the leaves will drop and moisten the cubes enough.

- After +- 7 days you will see tiny shoots.

oUc8wLn.jpg

-And then everyday you will see more.

TqxUEL2.jpg

4LRlsJf.jpg

tNqoLSa.jpg

- So now that the roots are showing, it means they can drink from them.

- Now you must start conditioning, so that means less and less water on the leaves and more on the

roots.

- You can also start to open the lid more and more to condition them to the less humidity.

Step 8

-Now its time to start to veg them clones.

- I put them into small pots with some hydroton and then place them on a tray with a light nutrient solution. They will receive the solution through the bottom of the pot. As the roots will make there way down towards the nutrients.

cdj7nMR.jpg

QAVIuNN.jpg

- Once they have vegged some more and are big and healthy and the roots are coming out the bottom of the pot...... its time to transplant into a bigger container. (you can miss this step out and just put them into larger pots once the roots show. I just like to nurture then while they are small.)

FaYHURu.jpg

bUsLgVi.jpg

–-----------------------------------------------THE END----------------------------------------------------------

:-bankie :-bankie :-rasta :-rasta :-peace :-peace :-peace :-peace

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Nice little tutorial.
For us newbies every bit of info helps.
I say newbie because I'm new to indoor (lockdown grower) but I have been growing outdoor for some time.
Some may agree with what you say or disagree but there is useful information for people to sort through and make their own decisions.
Nice, big up and keep spreading the info.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1