Boosters ripeners additives with coco grow

GGG

Fellow glowers , can't find a related topic and was wondering about the effect of these feeds, do they justify the price although not the price of a bar of gold?

I have been using different suppliers from the start and my yields are fine for me, anybody did a comparison grow yet?

Used GHP Booster, GHE Ripener and MPK, each differ abit.

I lean towards the GHPF Booster, don't have reasons yet.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

@GGG 

All those you mentioned make a difference for different parts of the grow. The booster and MKP 100% increase yield and bulk up flowers when used correctly. I haven't used  GH booster but I can imagine it's derived from mkp and has humates etc in it as well. MKP salts is actually a very primitive way in cannabis horticulture to provide extra P and K to the plant but it works and because we limited to what bloom boosters are available here locally and MKP is very cheap, I imagine it's what most of us use as a basis.

Ripen is just there to provide some simple forms of P, K and some enzymes to synthesize remaining nutes in medium. And also help the trichs ripen faster apparently. I've stopped using ripener as it never really showed me much difference. My plants didn't finish any earlier and it's hard to gauge resin production when all plants are always sticky. I would think that ripen might increase weight a little as you will still be giving plants some pk instead of just plain water.

Hopefully with more of us sharing our grows we will get more answers on what products make a difference.

I tend to "like"... (I know its not about me but about the girls ) the Green House Feeding booster, and tend to have fed in flower on EC 2-2,5 even to 3 till I get the burn on tips on leaves and then I scale down again. Last grow I tried (very hard) to stay on EC 1,5 mistakenly went to 1,9.... Yeah right . I couldn't see any difference in budsize/yield between the 2. Maybe less potential problems feeding low with less salt build up when it's hot and your medium might get a bit to dry between feedings.

These boosters / ripeners all seem to just increase P and K which the plants do require more of when flowering... Although your bloom nutes generally do this anyways.

I too have wondered about how much of a difference it makes, the plants can only take up so many nutes - giving too much would possibly stunt growth and lead to lockouts... With that being said, based on my experience it seems a bit difficult to do if feeding just MPK at reasonable EC levels.

So I think if someone were to say use BioBizz Grow only ,which is generally a veg nute, throughout the plants life cycle then using a booster of some sorts would possibly help increase yield due to the extra P and K.

If using some decent nutes and the plant is getting enough P and K during flower... Adding more I doubt will do anything. Hydro is an easy way to get an idea of what the plant is doing with the nutes as you are able to check the EC / PPM of the water easily. You can't tell which nutes are being used but can get an idea of how much nutes the plant is consuming.

I know that @CreX has done this a few times and in veg the plants barely use any nutes. Not sure about flower, perhaps he can shed more light but the plants use a lot less nutes than we may think. The amount of nutes which get wasted is significant.

Although in a coco or soil mediums, it differs a bit with regards to how much is available to the plants as they dry out.

• Like 1

I must say that in veg, the plants, even big ones, really don't chow that much and you can get away with practically nothing... 

But in bloom, especially the first few weeks... My word do they eat!! Root mass explodes, stem elongation, hormone changes... The plant goes through puberty and eats like a teenager who has never seen food before. 

But then after a few weeks feeding stabilizes and slows down a bit. 

So I like to add MPK boosters in early bloom and then again closer to the end of flower just incase. 

• Like 1

I use to also feed veg Nutes first few weeks of bloom. The positive of this is plants stay greener during flower for longer. The negative I noticed was plants take longer to finish and they harder to flush with regards to the way they fade.

I start bloom nutes and add a little extra phosphorus at flip. Then I start adding small doses of PK. Week 4 is my PK week where I load them. From about 200ppm-300ppm for the duration(strain dependant). After that I taper down and then add a little extra sulphur close to flush.

Note, this is what I do for additives. Base nutes is compulsory and I increase PPM weekly up to flush.

All this discussing nutrition is awesome. Keep it coming guys. Let's learn from each other.

I had 2 plants that was put in flower 2 week after the others with previous grow, I fed them the same as the rest meaning that they was on 0,8 EC for longer, geez half of those buds are very fluffy and will not do that again, less not always more.
@Mambawana Why do you add sulfur and in what form or brand to you get it

2 hours ago, Mambawana said:

I use to also feed veg Nutes first few weeks of bloom. The positive of this is plants stay greener during flower for longer. The negative I noticed was plants take longer to finish and they harder to flush with regards to the way they fade.

I start bloom nutes and add a little extra phosphorus at flip. Then I start adding small doses of PK. Week 4 is my PK week where I load them. From about 200ppm-300ppm for the duration(strain dependant). After that I taper down and then add a little extra sulphur close to flush.

Note, this is what I do for additives. Base nutes is compulsory and I increase PPM weekly up to flush.

All this discussing nutrition is awesome. Keep it coming guys. Let's learn from each other.

I want to try atami bloombastic. ever used it? know where I can buy it?

Edited by DankFiend

6 hours ago, GGG said:

I had 2 plants that was put in flower 2 week after the others with previous grow, I fed them the same as the rest meaning that they was on 0,8 EC for longer, geez half of those buds are very fluffy and will not do that again, less not always more.

So instead of those 2 plants which just went into flower getting veg nutes for another 2 weeks they got flowering nutes straight away and the bud wasn't as great?

So instead of those 2 plants which just went into flower getting veg nutes for another 2 weeks they got flowering nutes straight away and the bud wasn't as great?
Sorry, at the end of bloom I fed Al plants the same so when I was on 0,8ec I left that water in a bucket and started flushing all the plants in my idiocy...... Then I realized after a week (other was harvested already) and gave then that 0,8 for the last 2 weeks so they had 0,8 then flush and then 0,8 again, very low nutes for about 3-4 weeks

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GGG said:

I agree with the less not always more. More especially in a medium like coco. You don't feed enough, your yield will suffer. 800PPM is safe for most strains and should be a starting target.

Apparently sulphur boosts resin production, I can't say that I have definitely noticed a difference. But there's enough information out there on sulphur and it's relation to plants in general and essential oils production.

I add additional sulphur by upping my dose of Epsom salts. Seeing as I grow in coco the plant enjoys/unphased by the extra magnesium that would come part of the package. So in flower I add roughly 70PPM of Epsom salts throughout. I bump it up to 150PPM and stop Cal N a week or so before flush.

So this is the stuff I am trying out this grow. Also using topmax for some of the plants. the outdoor girls will start getting fire juice from tomorrow. I used the bloombastic (also got a sample from the expo) in the last rez I made up for the blue cheese - and I do think I see a difference (might well just be wishful thinking). Then I got worried I was going to run out (because the samples are 50 ml and you run it at about 0.5ml to every litre). I used ripen before and also wasn't sure it did much - but I am going to try it again (not sure on which plant though). will let you guys know what happens and post results on my glog.

IMG_6834.jpg

11 hours ago, GGG said:

Got a few bottles with that Cannabis show thing, used 2 bottles on separate plants in bloom and they turned out the same as the others.

how long did you use it for? last 6 weeks or only at the end?

Edited by DankFiend

1 minute ago, GGG said:

I had 12 plants to feed and fed up them weeks 6-8.

okay. they claim improvements in taste and quality - but I know better than to believe the hype. Its damn expensive overseas, so I was assuming they want to get people hooked before they come into the market - and that's why they giving away samples. but that's not going to work if it does nothing. thanks for the response.

okay. they claim improvements in taste and quality - but I know better than to believe the hype. Its damn expensive overseas, so I was assuming they want to get people hooked before they come into the market - and that's why they giving away samples. but that's not going to work if it does nothing. thanks for the response.
Maybe it does do something, I think 90-95% of how to get the best budz can be read up and then the trail and error to get the experience... But it's that lady 5-10% that we are looking for that interest us

• Like 1