Greetings People from Earth! ✌

Naughty.Psychonaut

I have been "window shopping" on this site for a few months now, just trying to get enough info to get my first grow going. I've had a deep passion for plants my whole life, and an even deeper passion for cannabis the last 13 years. I would consider myself kind of an hyper enthusiast, yep that hits the nail on the head. I want to thank 420sa for providing such a great forum for us locals to gather and share our stories and info on!!! I've always had a plant growing, but only harvested about 5 of them. I've had ghetto setups, all that, never anything amazing. Did a 10 plant outdoor grow last year, with a few OK plants only harvested 4 of them, but that's not where my attention is at. Got myself a 1mx1mx1.8m tent, 360Watt (probably 240True Watt) LED light, a fan, inline fan, carbon filter - all that... got a few clones from a buddy and here we go!!!! Actually, the ladies are all at week 14. Flowering for 5 weeks already. So far everything seems to be 100% as I followed all you guys' instructions to the T! I just thought it's a good idea to jump in and become part of such a great community!!! I have tons of questions, but always end up researching for hours trying to find very simple detail, just "window shopping" here has already made it so much easier finding the right information for a grower from the Overberg area. 

Anyway, blessed all you beautiful people! Hope you all had a wonderful week and are lucky enough to wind down at the end of all the crazyness blowing your favourite smoke!!20200106_202846.thumb.jpg.cc64265b432bf6381cd6fd3785c02587.jpg

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

@Naughty.Psychonaut 

Welcome bru. I'm pretty new here too and also at one point in my life really burnt the midnight oil researching everything I could about this plant. And now I've found this bunch, a whole lot of people that share my passion for this plant. And the best part is this is fully local.

Your garden is looking awesome bru. Keep up the good work. Maybe treat the lower buds to some selective defoliation on top to get lower buds to mature. Not sure how far along you are, looks like around day 35. Stay blessed and have a good weekend.

My wind down...

How more local does it get...:rastabanana

IMG_20200110_171043.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Naughty.Psychonaut 

Welcome bru. I'm pretty new here too and also at one point in my life really burnt the midnight oil researching everything I could about this plant. And now I've found this bunch, a whole lot of people that share my passion for this plant. And the best part is this is fully local.

Your garden is looking awesome bru. Keep up the good work. Maybe treat the lower buds to some selective defoliation on top to get lower buds to mature. Not sure how far along you are, looks like around day 35. Stay blessed and have a good weekend.

My wind down...

How more local does it get...rastabanna.gif.ba08f6288be6497df24c13825447c9c0.gif

IMG_20200110_171043.thumb.jpg.40dc4c1b9d9d100d22378d80a2f24497.jpg

Nice guetto bong, I only recently got myself a glass pipe. What is the 'metal tube' made from?

On that note, I don't see a clutch, is it an automatic?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I have been "window shopping" on this site for a few months now, just trying to get enough info to get my first grow going. I've had a deep passion for plants my whole life, and an even deeper passion for cannabis the last 13 years. I would consider myself kind of an hyper enthusiast, yep that hits the nail on the head. I want to thank 420sa for providing such a great forum for us locals to gather and share our stories and info on!!! I've always had a plant growing, but only harvested about 5 of them. I've had ghetto setups, all that, never anything amazing. Did a 10 plant outdoor grow last year, with a few OK plants only harvested 4 of them, but that's not where my attention is at. Got myself a 1mx1mx1.8m tent, 360Watt (probably 240True Watt) LED light, a fan, inline fan, carbon filter - all that... got a few clones from a buddy and here we go!!!! Actually, the ladies are all at week 14. Flowering for 5 weeks already. So far everything seems to be 100% as I followed all you guys' instructions to the T! I just thought it's a good idea to jump in and become part of such a great community!!! I have tons of questions, but always end up researching for hours trying to find very simple detail, just "window shopping" here has already made it so much easier finding the right information for a grower from the Overberg area. 
Anyway, blessed all you beautiful people! Hope you all had a wonderful week and are lucky enough to wind down at the end of all the crazyness blowing your favourite smoke!!20200106_202846.thumb.jpg.cc64265b432bf6381cd6fd3785c02587.jpg
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you're well on your way to an awesome garden...

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 6:20 PM, Mambawana said:

@Naughty.Psychonaut 

My wind down...

How more local does it get...:rastabanana

IMG_20200110_171043.jpg

What's up!!

It's been a while since my first post, probably should become more active on here, this is such a great community and I don't wana miss out!! Sometimes a whole month can go by without me visiting the cyberspace and it seems hard to change that!

Yeah, the fact that this is all local makes all the difference. Nothings quite as frustating as knowing something exists, but not being able to find it, because something that's suposed to be the biggest and best source of vast collective information couldn't tell you where it is and more often than not point you in the complete wrong direction. I don't know, maybe I haven't figured out how to make proper use of this "internet" thing with my little dedication to it. Anyhow, this site has definitly solved all my problems and more! I love reading about all the local cannabis related activities and all that, always knew there's a big active cannabis culture in SA, but never knew just how active!

Hahah that make-shift bong and a black lable put a huuuge smile on my face! That's as local as local gets! "Black lable sê die bybel" or something along those lines, right?

Thanks for the compliments, the tips and welcoming me!

So, giving the stage to the ladies. I done some defoliation, very selective. Basically just snapped off the big fan leaves that where blocking bud sights and any leaves that where overlapping eachother.

Some more info:
1. Today is day 107 in total and day 51 of flower.
2. Planted in FF premium mix in 20L FF material pots.
3. Added trichoderma and mycorrizhea and diatomaceous earth.
4. Feeding with salt based A, B, MKP nutrient mix from local hydroshop and alternating Vermipure liquid compost and started adding molasses during 3rd week of flower.
5. Did weekly treatments with Neem oil during veg.
That's about that! Any tips, questions or remarks are highly encouraged!!

20200115_203446.jpg

20200115_203420.jpg

20200115_203342.jpg

20200120_181253.jpg

20200120_181201.jpg

20200120_181224.jpg

20200120_181236.jpg

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

@Naughty.Psychonaut tasty treats, plants look dope. How much MKP do you feed? I just got some and never used it before. If i can get results close to yours that would be nice :-greenthumb

Oh man, I'm sure you get great results, but thanks for that compliment! 

I use a schedule that came with the nutes, I will post a pic if you would like to see? 

Also, using my own judgement I will make minute adjustments to what the schedule demands. Adding to that, I am not an expert and this is my first real grow, so my judgement could be far off, but I have worked with all sorts of plants throughout my life and like to think I can almost feel what they feel before they have to show me. Don't know how else to describe it. I wouldn't recommend my ways to others though, because I am just working on a hunch basically and each plant will have different demands, even if its the same two phenos off the same, they will never grow 100% the same! 

1 hour ago, GreenBeans said:

@Naughty.Psychonaut a pic would be awesome, thanks :D. 

I generally try to do the same, but i heard that too much MKP can do a lot of damage, so I'm just trying to be cautious 

Woah, I don't wana cause damage! Do you mean to the plant or in terms of human consumption? 

I know that using salt based nutes puts one at higher risk of getting salt build up that will damage the roots. That will only happen if you don't flush the plants thoroughly during your grow, alternating between feed and clean water. If not, the plant will react by blocking out the nutes completely and you will have to go through healing the roots and getting the plant to come right from that is often where it all goes wrong. Not the same as dealing with a deficiency and just adding more of something. In that case it will just cause more damage. Also, having a healthy symbiote in the growing medium will help a little, because the living organisms feed on the excess solids and make them available to the roots, that's why I make sure I got enough trichoderma in the mix aswell as mycorrizhea that's introduces all kinds of microbes to the grow medium. To keep those microbes alive I feed vermipure compost tea. Need to get AACT system together so I can brew my own teas for them, but for now that'll do. I also try my best to keep the TDS as low as I can from the start and when I flush the ladies I give quite a bit more than I would when feeding, there has to be run off for me to feel satisfied when flushing. Come harvest time I flush for up to two weeks when using salt based stuff just for peace of mind.

In terms of consumption, I've heard many many stories, but have yet to find enough information to actually keep me from using them. I love the thought of organic, I am just growing with these nutes for now, because it was all I could afford at the time I was at the shop, and I'm not switching up nutes halfway through the grow hahah

Anyway, here's the schedule, it's as simple as simple could be, but I do have to mention that it was created to suit these specific nutes! 

20200121_131635.jpg

@Naughty.Psychonaut 😂 No no, i meant to the plant. I think theres a discussion on rollitup about how using unbuffered MKP can cause PH issues. 

I also want to get a good aact system going it just seems like a worthwhile investment. And it would just make more sense for me. I have been using seagro during veg and then when it comes to flower, I get confused because I dont know whay to do for nutrition that would be simple to use 😂. So I usually toss bone meal in and whatever i can find that i think will get the job done. Havent had any issues yet but i think i could get better results being able to brew flower specific teas and it might be cheaper in the long run than buying biobizz bloom. 

Thanks for the schedule 🙌

17 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

@Naughty.Psychonaut 😂 No no, i meant to the plant. I think theres a discussion on rollitup about how using unbuffered MKP can cause PH issues. 

I also want to get a good aact system going it just seems like a worthwhile investment. And it would just make more sense for me. I have been using seagro during veg and then when it comes to flower, I get confused because I dont know whay to do for nutrition that would be simple to use 😂. So I usually toss bone meal in and whatever i can find that i think will get the job done. Havent had any issues yet but i think i could get better results being able to brew flower specific teas and it might be cheaper in the long run than buying biobizz bloom. 

Thanks for the schedule 🙌

Hahahah! I see, yeah not buffering can cause damage.

Do you mean buffering the MKP or growing medium? I've heard of buffering coco coir with MKP and then also aqua buff that buffers water or nutrient solution in your reservoir for the guys using biiig automated watering systems. 

I am growing in FF premium mix and didn't buffer anything at all. 

No worries on that schedule bud, it's only a pleasure!

Edited by Naughty.Psychonaut
  • Like 1

Calcium is the important buffer to phosphates during cannabis flowering.

Calcium is the soluble cation that occurs in largest amount in most soils. It does not take part directly in the proton transfer reactions involved in pH-buffering, but it provides the cation charge balance for these reactions. It is also the complementary cation in formulations of chemical potential for many other ions in soils.

• Like 1

Your part B does not provide the charge balance in your medium since it is already in a chemical balance with the nitrate group. You need extra calcium in the medium beforehand. If your medium has insufficient calcium buffering it usually only becomes apparent a week or 2 into flowering.

As for buffering FF specifically, I'm not sure, since I grow in my own soils. When I recycle my soil though, all I add is a good handful of Gardeners Gold dust per 20l of soil, basically rebuffering. I would say adding the above to FF soil would only improve it anyway.

I see, luckily I am in week 6 of flower and so far no problems! I'll keep some gold dust on hand and try a grow or two with it, see what happens. 

Haven't gotten to mixing my own soils yet, so will be using FF for a while still.

If you're saying calcium nitrate does not provide a charge balance, what form of calcium do I have to be looking for that does?