Smoking less weed since it was legal

Chris Jay

Been smoking a fair amount of weed since I started. I used to to smoke a joint and go sit at a bus stop and sit on a "high street" and watch people walk up and down. Love behavior, body language of people, especially when goofed. Something I have observed about myself in the past year is that I am smoking far less weed. My harvest last year was not great, but I do have access but somehow these days i can hang onto the weed rather than just smoke every gram. Point I am getting to is I think since being made "legal", I am smoking less. Anyone else experience this in themselves?

smoke a bit less, but smoking a lot more.

That sounds about right. Yeah I dont know what my problem is.

Sorry Chris. Been finding more ways of consuming since legislation impact. Like vaping at a restaurant

@420sake No sorries bro, glad you finding more ways. Look I run on cannabis. I eat it almost everyday, smoothies, capsules, hemp seeds, body products etc.... but I just found I am smoking far less. I used to smoke more than 20 joints a day. I hate vapes, I have given all of them away to friends and people that need them. I cant stand bongs, given most of those away too. Not really keen on dabs, but have a rig thanks to DC and Highco. I will keep that one forever.

Hmmm growing has always been fun to me and a bit of challenge always dealing with Gaia. Dont be too paranoid, but keep your girls safe. People being busted everyday for something that is legal for private and adult use/cultivation. A good idea is to have decoy plants, something I have always done. Even had a officer and liquor license guy arriving at my house once shouting out the van saying dont worry we already have had a whiskey and smoked a joint Chris,let us in!!! They were ironically here to buy a pig. This picture was taken just after they left.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

@Mambawana like marigolds? Quite a fragrant plant that has very colorful flowers to divert your gaze from the cannabis behind it.

Was quite common to see 1 or 2 tress growing in marigold flower patches when I was a youngster.

Well marigolds I hear are good pest deterrents...

The decoy plant should be a weed plant thats in flower. So when someone smells weed and they see the few plants that are in view in your yard they wouldn't assume you growing the real dank indoors...

Came in handy on new years day when had people over for a braai. They had no idea that the smell was actually coming from inside. Plus the decoy plants are good for testing purposes i.e. blooming additives, pesticide dosing, etc.

IMG_20200104_112717.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

@Mambawana like marigolds? Quite a fragrant plant that has very colorful flowers to divert your gaze from the cannabis behind it.

Was quite common to see 1 or 2 tress growing in marigold flower patches when I was a youngster.

Thats companion planting. My decoy plants are literally decoys. I was so excited about the judgement on the 18th that I planted two bushes outside my front door ( decoy plants ). Its plants you can show people with no problems and no paranoia. ie when the cops drove past me, I stood in front of a 3 metre bush and pointed in the other direction ( decoy ). 😂 Old grower mate taught me the art of decoy.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

Marigolds leaves are serrated and would surely camouflage weed plants if you needed to hide it. And they also quite strong smelling. 

So makes sense why you saw that back in the day

• Like 1

@Mambawana Very clever idea. someone who browses this site often I am sure. He showed me his chooks and as I was walking inside I got the smell. Realised I had just walked past a very quiete extraction fan. He needed decoy plants. 

There are a couple plants, fynbossies and groundcovers that I am certain contain the terpene closest to cannabis, myrcene. Luckily i have lots, love the smell.

Edited by Chris Jay
Cause I type to fast.

Camouflaging plants is much more difficult and according to a very good source, cannabis can be pinpointed via satellite within 2 metre squares. Its done through the colours I think.  Traditional african way is with mielies, very clever and a necessity. Other ways I used to use when it was highly illegal and I was living in a townhouse was using extreme strains ( ducksfoot  and pine tar kush ) , also training plants, you can literally make a plant grow along the ground, behind pots,or anywhere you like. My mother caught me growing when I was 16, told her it was a biology experiment. Had it under a little bit of lightin my room, put it outside for some sun. She was no dumbass. So quickly had to remove it, planted it in soiil behind a hedge at a mates place. Trust my luck went away over december holidays came back to my mate in trouble, the plant had towered above the hedge and could be viewed throughout the garden. So it was harvested early and dried on the roof. 

Smoking less weed since it was legal - Back to topic stoners.

Edited by Chris Jay
  • Haha 2

Not many are sure about me, even people who kinda know me are not to certain. An activist who came through to a gig was a bit nervous about being in my presence, I said that is good, he knows his place. But I am a gentleman to gentlemen, businessmen, no contract necessary!!!!! I believe in a handshake, words and loyalty. And i am fucken funny even in deathly situations, missing teeth, blood dripping I will always crack a joke. i often laugh at my own jokes. Enjoy this ride until they ban me again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mambawana said:

I've posted my decoy plants before. It's a plant grown outdoors that flowers whilst your gals indoors are flowering. So when the indoor gals start to stink up the neighborhood and by chance someone follows the smell and peeps into your yard... They see your outdoor plants and associate the smell with that plant.

haha. then I have a decoy plant.

• Like 1

@Mambawana

I think I posted them on my glog, but here they are again. As you can see, I probably need to do a bit of weeding and gardening after the crazy rain. the big plant is sorbet from the plug seedbank and the small one is something called currylatto (same breeder). got the seeds as freebies in some or other attitude seed bank order.

The small plant got scratched out of the ground by the cat just after planting. I stuck it back in but its was fucked and I thought it was dead. after days and days of rain, it pulled a Lazarus. The big girl is doing well but getting chowed by insects and battered by the weather. I need to give it a bit of attention

IMG_6721.jpg

IMG_6722.jpg

Edited by DankFiend
  • Like 1