Organic GSR Black Poison in homemade hydro

This black poison from GSR has been going for a couple months. Not in flower yet, but about to switch any day. I made a self-watering system for a clients project, two 25l buckets in each eachother, the top one with a netted pot inserted at the bottom to collect the water from the bottom bucket. And a piece of pvc to water through, but its easy enough just to lift the pot out and pour the water in that is needed.

Soil
100% organic. Compoost, potting soil, epsom salts, use a number of homemade teas  ( dandelion, weed, eggs shells etc ) . No external sources of nutes except the epsoms which comes directly from the mine. I will be buying mollasses soon, always love the flavour.

Water
Aerated rain water only.

Mulch
Always mulch with dried, aged donkey manure. Holds water nicely, prevents evaporation and leaches nutrients down.

Growth from 24th Nov

Growth 4th Dec

Sadly we are going through a heavy drought and food is scarce. My leaves are being eaten by either my dogs or chickens. They are welcome. Need to give this plant a bit of a prune and cleanup, take some clones for a last wack at a quick harvest before winter.

Sorry not a great picture. But here is the growth for the past month.

blackpoison.thumb.jpg.1e62fd80c2eeb44ea37a1304952a0625.jpg

Happy Growing.

Edited by Chris Jay
  • Like 2

@CreX yes, when they flower, just have a look, but will make a molasses tea, compost tea,  and add a whole bunch of other things. I will try and remember to post them here. Probably going to top this plant at some stage too. It definitely needs a big clean up, its actually looking sad.

@Chris Jay 

Plant looks happy bru. Are you going to transplant into a bigger pot or is that self watering system you made sufficient at flowering a plant that size?

Besides your current grow, how has been your past experiences growing gsr's gear?

I wonder if their in-house genetics are actually from Bulk seedbank or they doing their own crosses... would be nice if they documented their breeding, would earn them some rep.

• Like 1

@Mambawana Not really happy, you can see and feel it. Its lacking attention. It will be more than enough to flower in, once I have topped it. GSR only had good experience with them. Had one of my best smokes from them, sour gelato. A mate grew it in hydro though, under some bomb lights, from growguru. They actually had a few problems with the seeds, but it was the way they were germinating. I think they do alot of genetics themselves, but also resell alot. They have facilities in the states that do some of the breeding work for them.

would be nice if they documented their breeding, would earn them some rep.

I have mentioned that to them.

• Thanks 1

@CreX Totally homemade. Generally no external resources, all locally claimed stuff. I make compost throughout the year and use a variety of manures from the farm and neighbours. External resources are epsom salts from a friends mine, I will be buying molasses soon and collecting kelp from the beach to make a tea. Go as far as chopping my own wood and using the ash for the soil too.

• Like 1

Ahh not really, and totally worth it. Get goats, that is alot of hard work, especially when people have trained them as house pets. Luckily its all coming together and they have found their place. Love turning compost, when I get the energy or want to let off steam. Cheers.

Gave her a quick manicure last night before her first public appearance but sadly got hit by loadshitting. And have started a small flame. So this black poison from GSR will be my entry to the 112th Bathurst Agricultural Show. Its already the 2nd plant entered and many many more potentials. Serious judges and serious prizes.

IMG_20200110_141950.thumb.jpg.fb76f362d3fa2e62270d0f00563996e7.jpg

The 2020 Bathurst Agricultural Show is around the corner, only a few months away! This year is going to be a big year for cannabis too! The Bathurst Agricultural Society has included cannabis sativa as an official category gardeners and growers may enter into. This will the 112th annual agricultural show and packed with its traditional events and it should be a bumper year. So brace yourself for the 3,4,5 April 2020. Source

Edited by Chris Jay

Okjust caught some trouble on FB:

I dare anyone with a big mouth to enter. You might be lucky to get 2nd prize.I entering eggs, goats, pigs and cannabis. And only going for 1st place, no 2nd best eggs in Lower Albany! Pierre Rossouw you were lucky last year for best eggs. New comers luck,your eggs suck.

Bro we got back orders for eggs and only support our regular buyers.. Just causing kaka with the winner of eggs. Been walking around saying we the 2nd best eggs in  Lower Albany. Fuck that crap. I wont to won goats ( Boer ) ,pigs ( Landrace ) , chickens ( rhode island red ) and black poison in cannabis. I will also win pineapple throw champion of the world ( 39 metres) . I want to break 40 metres this year and keep the belt.  if you dont eneter you dont win. What i do know is you will win Pink Kush from the legit reeferman.co which was a cannabis cup winner and currently be grown in Colombia. 

field2.jpg

Edited by Chris Jay
  • Like 1

Ok. My brother in law has a farm near the Midlands in kzn. I'm thinking of doing something similar to the pic above.

We go there every 2-3 months to ride dirt bikes, some of the most beautiful natural scenery I've ever seen.

Was thinking of clearing a 25m squared area and drop some seeds. Then check on them every time we go back to ride.

• Like 1

That is a swell idea. What is so nice about that area is almost no maintenance required. Pop a bean at grows. Perfect climate. I really do miss the midlands. Found a little spot here that as you walk into the valley, the vegetation changes and climate changes, and reminds of Natal. Good luck and pop those beans.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Spaidan
      Hello growers
      I would love to have an opinion on this topic. Let me update you on what I have been working with. I have a one plant indoor grow inside a 80cm x 80cm grow tent. I use a 40l fabric pot with both Orgasoilux and Freedom farms soil (green bag). The bottom half I use Orgasoilux(20l) and the top half I use Freedom farms soil(20l). Throughout veg all I give the plant is Biodyne Environoc 401 (microbes), Molasses and water. This results in an extremely healthy plant.
      Once I flip to flower I start using organic bottled nutrients. In the past I have used Biobizz Bio-bloom, and more recently I have used Dirty hands inc - Bio-Phos (Jamie's brand). I give 3ml Bio-Phos once a week early flower and up it to 5ml every week mid to late flower. Plus a molasses feeding every 2 weeks and stopped using Biodyne microbes 1 week into flower.
      I was thinking about completely ditching bottled nutrients and going the topdressing route for flower. I was thinking of maybe topdressing a week before the flip with Jamie's elemental blend. I am just worried if it will provide enough for the plants through to harvest. I was also thinking of maybe using my own topdressing blend of Dry kelp, Gypsum, Malted Barley and Worm Castings. Would love an opinion on switching to topdressing for flower and if the elemental blend should be more than enough to take me to harvest. If you think I should just stick to bottled nutrients for flower let me know. I am going to include photo's of my 2 previous grows using the method I have stated above. Just trying to get the best quality flower possible :)
      Some thoughts of mine...…
      Topdressing vs Liquid Nutrients?
      Biobizz Bio-Bloom vs Dirty Hands Inc Bio-Phos?
      One topdressing enough 1 week before flip?
      Elemental Blend or my own flowering mix?
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My Grow:
      Medium: Top Half Freedom Farms soil (20l) + bottom half Orgasoilux(20l)
      Additives and Amendments: Molasses + Biodyne Environoc 401 Microbes + Dirty Hands Inc - Bio-Phos + Mycoroot (seedling)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Seedling)
      - Solo Cup + Freedom Farms soil + Mycoroot
      -Transplant in week 2 of veg to 40l
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Veg Stage)
      - initial inoculant 2ml Environoc Microbes
      -1ml per litre  Environoc every 2 weeks
      -5ml per litre Molasses every 2 weeks
      -Stop Environoc 1 week into flower
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Flower Stage)
      -3ml Bio-Phos every week (early flower)
      -5ml Bio-Phos every week (late flower)
      -5ml Molasses every 2 weeks
      -Stop Bio-Phos 2 weeks before harvest
      -Feed molasses until harvest
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Pictures below include TH seeds - Orangesicle + Trainwreck (darker leaves) and a photo of Orangesicle during veg

• By wanna be dagga kop
      Aweh, 
      What organic pesticide can I use during flower to fight spider mites besides pest pro as I've been using that and it isn't working, I need halp ASAP
    • By monkeybar
      Hey guys! 
      I am really looking forward to this grow. Objective is for personal breeding purposes. 
      This will be my first time experimenting with breeding cannabis, any help is appreciated 🙂

Currently growing Laughing Buddha (Barney's Farm) and Charlotte's Angel (Dutch Passion). Plan is to cross Novakane with these strains, as well as breeding Novakane F2 seeds. 
      Novakane F1 seeds were sourced from @Totemic. On a side note, just a thank you from my part. The beans I ordered arrived swiftly, with a lot of freebies! The quality of these seeds are unmatched. 

Started germinating today, soaked 5 regular seeds for 30min in Explogrow. Afterwards transferring them to a 1:100 solution of Explogrow and pH 6 water for 12 hours. 
      Am a fan of the paper-towel method, and have had great success placing said paper-towel inside a plastic bag on top of my router. Will do this next...

Grow setup:
      240W LM301b + Epistar 660nm Kingbrite Quantum Board
      Freedom Farms Premium Soil
      T.A. Pro Organic Nutrients
      1.2 x 0.7m Grow Tent

• By afternoon blazer
      What up growmigos
      So got abit bored and wanted to do 1 last run before the year is up.
      Gona give the autos a break for now.
      STRAINS
      Regulars - Choc Gelato x Ghost Train Haze (5) shout out to @Totemic
      Feminized - White Rhino (5)
      Bag - OG Kush (3)

Started off in small pots. Was all i had.
      And due to this not being an auto run, they would need transplants later on. ( i wanted to start small and then select the best babies to be transplanted.)
      Due to the unpredictability of the bag seeds and the regulars i decided to pot a few and see which will be worthy of a transplant.
      Im going to try and keep them outdoors for now. As my grow box currently has the Mixed auto run.
      If sprouting and growing goes well. I will then put them in the grow box and let the autos grow outdoors. (The autos havnt started flowering yet, so waiting on that)
      Seeds poted today. So first watering should be in a couple of days. Weather is bleek this week so pots not drying up too much.
      ✌😉

• By afternoon blazer
      Howzit fine people.

Next run on the go.
      Next seed supplier on the hit list "Groen seeds"  . . . They had a special on that i couldnt resist.

So apparently these are autos. But unknown strains. They had a bag of 5 autos for 100 bucks.
      I also ran out of pots. So had to make a plan. According to my estimates. They are in 12 liters of soil. And the small pot is a 8 liter.
      Potted on thursday morning. 14-10-20
      Freedom farms soil. Biobizz nutez.